Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

kowloon wrote: »
    I've been asked if I had Whatsapp, I think that's the choice these days. Not sure how it's any different to messaging on the website/app.

But I mean if you're getting in well, would a 10 minute actual chit chat, talking on the phone not give you a better idea of the other person?
    Text/chat can be easily misconstrued or tone taken out of context.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've been asked if I had Whatsapp, I think that's the choice these days. Not sure how it's any different to messaging on the website/app.

It's an app that allows free texts, calls, pictures and videos from your phone. You need to swap numbers so it's more promising than just chatting in the dating app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

They just need to hear your Barry White voice kowloon and they'll be weak at the knees :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Once you don't channel Joey Tribiani and say How YOU doin?....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Once you don't channel Joey Tribiani and say How YOU doin?....

🤔

That would explain where I'm going wrong so......

😸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They just need to hear your Barry White voice kowloon and they'll be weak at the knees :D

All they'll get out of me is Barry's Green Label. Panic abated. I'll call it a learning experience.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ahh, now i can see the problem, barry's tea! :P :pac:

I'll die before I switch. I used to bring a bag of 600 back on my flight if I was home from the UK. They don't weigh much and the staff at the gate were cool with me taking an extra bag. They understood the addiction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I love the tea loyalty on here :D Give me pints damn it!!

I love the tea loyalty on here :D Give me pints damn it!!

I drink tea by the pint.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*chases after the gremlin with a brush*

:pac:

Hahahaha a brush! That's made me think of vintage Tom and Jerry!

Wide awake, broke diet because I'm a glutinous pos :(. Need to keep to the rules or I'll undo any progress. Being awake at night is a dangerous time for dieting.

I just have to be breathing :o it's terrible how the mind can obsess of course i'm currently eating my 'lunch'

Feeling slightly loopy from all the extra work..

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I'm sorry you had another miscommunication Kowloon, you always come across as having a good sense of humour so I really don't think it's you. Only good thing about all this stress is that I haven't eaten much in the last couple of days :D Oh even with not much extra space in my suitcase I was sure to pack Barrys tea bags so there's another loyal follower here :p

In the leaba thinking about all of the things.

Thinking needs an off switch

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    In the leaba thinking about all of the things.

Are tou up early or awake late? It's what, 7am for you?

It's : 05:16

Are tou up early or awake late? It's what, 7am for you?

It's the same time for me here. I just woke at about 4ish and can't get back to sleep yet :)

An off switch for thinking would be amazing Grem, I'd never turn it on :D I hope the rest of your shift goes quickly for you.

• Advertisement

I had to rub my eyes and check the time again there. :confused:

I think Kowloon thought I was in a different time zone because I travelled for 12 hours but no, that's just how long it takes to travel from Cork to Aberdeen in the middle of a pandemic :D I usually flew Cork to Glasgow and got the train to Aberdeen but there weren't flights available and there weren't any available from Dublin to Aberdeen either as there usually are. So I had to go from Cork to Dublin and then Glasgow to Aberdeen with a wait in between for a train as trains were operating a reduced schedule. So yeah, I'm nowhere exotic :p

Ah, I assumed you were much further afield. Closer to home is better anyway. I used to fly home all the time, although things were simpler back then, everyone was just afraid of terrorists.

Ooh dark :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Wide awake bedside but know when it comes to getting up at 7 I will be struggling

Ooh dark :pac:

Meh, the chances of being killed by a terrorist are seriously low, particularly with ISIS working from home.

I reckon i'm going to die some really super clumsy way. Startled by magpie, fall into pothole type scenario

I'd like to go by exploding on stage like the Spinal Tap drummer.

Funny enough, electrocuted on stage would be my way to go too. Or racing accident..

• Advertisement

Judging by the size and noise of the seagulls here I think I'm going to be pecked to death by a group of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement