Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

walshb wrote: »
    Big time!!

My fight for this year is Teo-Loma at 135...

Hopefully September!

Yes. It should be a cracker alright. Though it will be tough to outshine Whyte and Povetkin:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yes. It should be a cracker alright. Though it will be tough to outshine Whyte and Povetkin:D

Indeed

Teo can punch, and can put together punches....

This is Loma's first test against a quality puncher...

Walters was a good hitter, but Teo puts together better punches, and with more power...

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that Loma may not take a real good shot.......His D is so good, that he may not have to, but if Teo can land clean and hard?

Excellent clash of styles this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Indeed

Teo can punch, and can put together punches....

This is Loma's first test against a quality puncher...

Walters was a good hitter, but Teo puts together better punches, and with more power...

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that Loma may not take a real good shot.......His D is so good, that he may not have to, but if Teo can land clean and hard?

Excellent clash of styles this.....

Yes. Lomachenko has the whiff of Roy Jones about him to me. If Teo does catch him with combos he can hurt him, i'm not convinced he can, but Teo is certainly his biggest test to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Big time!!

My fight for this year is Teo-Loma at 135...

Hopefully September!

And hopefully in the Garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Ryan Garcia vs Luke Campbell ordered by the WBC for the 'Interim' title.

That would be an interesting fight to see what level Garcia is at.

• Advertisement

Ryan Garcia vs Luke Campbell ordered by the WBC for the 'Interim' title.

That would be an interesting fight to see what level Garcia is at.

Saw this...

Interesting.

Campbell is just 'so so' really. If Gracia can't beat him, then I don't see Garcia progressing all that much...

Fury-Wilder for Dec 14, yes?

Saw this...

Interesting.

Campbell is just 'so so' really. If Gracia can't beat him, then I don't see Garcia progressing all that much...

Fury-Wilder for Dec 14, yes?

Yep it's a marker fight for Garcia.

Yes, heard it ref Fury-Wilder 3.
    Not so excited about this as i was the first and second time, i don't think it should really be happening.

Yep it's a marker fight for Garcia.

Yes, heard it ref Fury-Wilder 3.
    Not so excited about this as i was the first and second time, i don't think it should really be happening.

Agreed

No major interest for me either...

Although, there is always the possibility of a Wilder KO here.....

I think I will sit the prediction one out this time, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Agreed

No major interest for me either...

Although, there is always the possibility of a Wilder KO here.....

I think I will sit the prediction one out this time, though!

I'll go Fury by points if he doesn't stop him before that or Wilder by knockout :D

Taylor vs Persoon 2 confirmed for the August 22 card

• Advertisement

Let's hope Katie's "friend," Frampton is nowhere near a mic for this rematch.

Well, she is/was not MTK ;)

I watched it several times and I always give Katie at least 5 rounds. It was a draw at worst for Katie, in no way a robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Seems Dubois and Joyce are to fight a couple of wasters between them before their scrap in October. Not complaining as the more fights to watch the better but what’s the point of this? They were 3 weeks away from the fight before all the sporting events got cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Thought it was refreshing to see a pundit actually giving an honest opinion and taking any bias out of it tbh. Harsh to chastise him for it.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Thought it was refreshing to see a pundit actually giving an honest opinion and taking any bias out of it tbh. Harsh to chastise him for it.

Honest opinion is one thing..

He claimed robbery. He insinuated corruption..

A very very hard fought competitive fight that Katie won, and many felt she won, and he claims robbery and corruption...bang out of order...

Nothing to do with bias. The fight was very close...I had Katie 6-4. 6-4 on second viewing as well..

My verdict was all to do with honest and non-biased judging..

Anyone claiming corruption or robbery based off what happened over those ten rds is a disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Honest opinion is one thing..

He claimed robbery. He insinuated corruption..

A very very hard fought competitive fight that Katie won, and many felt she won, and he claims robbery and corruption...bang out of order...

Nothing to do with bias. The fight was very close...I had Katie 6-4. 6-4 on second viewing as well..

My verdict was all to do with honest and non-biased judging..

Anyone claiming corruption or robbery based off what happened over those ten rds is a disgrace!
    Don't think saying robbery = claiming corruption in fairness. Robbery gets banded about for all sorts of close fights these days.

I haven't watched the fight back since but I remember thinking Persoon probably deserved it. Think most people outside of this island would sway that way too.

Anyway, as long as Katie fights with her brain this time and doesn't let her liking for a scrap get the better of her she should win this rematch much clearer.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Don't think saying robbery = claiming corruption in fairness. Robbery gets banded about for all sorts of close fights these days.

I haven't watched the fight back since but I remember thinking Persoon probably deserved it. Think most people outside of this island would sway that way too.

Anyway, as long as Katie fights with her brain this time and doesn't let her liking for a scrap get the better of her she should win this rematch much clearer.

He said it was a disgraceful decision and that Persoon won by a mile..

It was not a disgraceful decision and Persoon did not win by a mile..

For a supposed friend his comments were disgraceful..

Anyway, agree to disagree.

Teo-Loma looks to be getting pushed back from mid September to October 3.

Danny Garcia v Errol Spence looking good for Nov 21. Great great match..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

Jono Carroll fighting now on Showcase Sky Channel 192.

Jono lost

Unanimous decision to Hughes..

Workrate to Jono, but cleaner shots to Maxi

Jono just misses far too many shots..

Away fighter given the nod..

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

Judges scorecards: 96-95, 96-95, 97-93.
    Thought Jono had done enough but reckoned it was alot closer than it should have been. Last two rounds may have made the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Judges scorecards: 96-95, 96-95, 97-93.
    Thought Jono had done enough but reckoned it was alot closer than it should have been. Last two rounds may have made the difference.

Ah stop how could you think he won that, He was found out last night beat a finished Quigg and taught he was the dogs boll**. Will he have the balls to fight Nevin now? Doubt it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ah stop how could you think he won that, He was found out last night beat a finished Quigg and taught he was the dogs boll**. Will he have the balls to fight Nevin now? Doubt it..

I had it 5-5 tbh. Last night was clear he is not world level. Nevin fight would be great fight. Nevin had some swipe at him on twitter which was deserved

really impressed with Sean Mccomb first 10 rounder

Hardly found out...both were very basic....

Very close fight. Hughes is not up to much at all..

Quigg was shot to bits....I think Hughes would have taken him handily as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Had a bit of faith in Jono after the Quigg fight but there was no excuse for last night, at least we know for certain what his level is now.

Had a bit of faith in Jono after the Quigg fight but there was no excuse for last night, at least we know for certain what his level is now.

Yes, but Quigg was utterly dreadful..really really bad

I was never huge fan Quigg to begin with, and even in his prime, vs. Frampton, he was vey ordinary. His footwork is atrocious.

He was 2-3 leagues worse when he met Jono....

I know Jono isn't a puncher, but I was surprised he took so long to get Quigg gone....

Jono needs to work on his actual impact and connection....needs to try see his shots actually impact on the target. Too many falling short and not connecting correctly. Reminds me of Katie in this regard; throws punches, but so many don't land....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Eric Donovan fighting on "the b-side" on Sky sports against Hearn promoted Zelfan Barrett.

If it was in his natural weight class id have given him a chance, but stepping up to Super feather at 35 years of age is a stretch.

Interesting fight all the same

• Advertisement

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Eric Donovan fighting on "the b-side" on Sky sports against Hearn promoted Zelfan Barrett.

If it was in his natural weight class id have given him a chance, but stepping up to Super feather at 35 years of age is a stretch.

Interesting fight all the same

Tough ask for Eric. “Old” man now really, and still a very pitter patter amateur style..

And 130 lbs is his natural weight class at aged 36....he's about 5 feet 7/8.....

Boxed at 132 lbs ten years ago..........This is at 130 lbs, no? He's a decent sized SFW....has been above 130 lbs several times in his pro career.

Far too much is made of a couple lbs here and there....

Most lads are all same size really.....pissing around sweating the bollix off themselves to be a little lighter....

I know there are size differences in the lower weights, but that's usually the 122 lbs lads who step up to 130, for example....the 130 lads walking around at 140 n all...

Advertisement