Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do ppl hate veggies?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

i can understand the meat thing, but as I said before, when my vegan friend comes over he won't sit on a leather couch. Which is something I just don't understand. The animal has already been killed. The couch has already been purchased. If he was to sit on the couch, no extra animal would be killed. The people who make those couches will not take into account the fact that he refused to sit on it. It was us who purchased it. Him sitting or not sitting on that couch will have no effect on the lives of any animal in the world. He may refuse to sit on it out of principle, but no one gives a damn. Its just annoying, and stuff like that is why people hate vegans. I'm sorry but its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

Um, ok. You didn't provide a source though, would you be kind enough to do so? (or are you perhaps unwilling to due to perhaps extra political issues on the website or something?) I'm not sure it is common sense that more water has to be used rearing animals than veg. It depends an awful lot on climate of a region, suitability for a crop or animal, type of farming (intensive, covered, etc). Rice for instance uses a huge huge amount of water. There's no doubt that there is an awful lot wrong with the US system of production (which is why so much of it is prevented from entering the EU market) but that doesn't mean rearing animals is universally bad.

There's another reason people tend to not like vegans-if you look at the adversarial tone of your above post, in particular the last line or two, as well as the bolded "fact" you'll see exactly why it people have a problem with your choice. Or rather, with you.

sorry i will explain myself further....
    the fact plain and simple is that it takes X amount of grain to feed a cow up until slaughter. this grain could of been used to feed humans instead. so evidentially more water had to be used to raise livestock, because you have to factor in the amount of water used to grow the grain to feed the livestock too. this is simple maths. or the land this grain was grown on could of been used to grow many other grains also to feed humans, do you see what I am getting at? thats why i put "fact" in bold, because its pretty straight foward.

sorry about the source, i copied the stats from another post on another forum and the OP there did not provide a link or source, if you go to this wikipedia page, its has an article with many links to land usage. just scan down the page to "recources and the environment" heading and have a read, the link is
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan. here is an excerpt "The Livestock, Environment And Development Initiative, a joint effort of the World Bank, The European Union, The US Agency for International Development, the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization and others, released a report in November 2006 linking animal agriculture to environmental damage. The report, Livestock's Long Shadow [118] concludes that the livestock sector (primarily cows, chickens, and pigs) emerges as one of the top two or three most significant contributors to our most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global." and A 2006 study by Gidon Eshel and Pamela Martin, assistant professors of geophysics at the University of Chicago, found that a person switching from the average American diet to a vegan diet would reduce CO2 emissions by 1,485 kg per year.

nobody has told me in a long time that they dont like me cause I am vegan, I am very pleasant and non-judgmental person and make this clear to anyone I talk to food about.If anything I try to make them comfortable about the differences in my diet and theirs as I know most people are likely to misunderstand me or get defensive as if I am telling them how to live and that is not the case.

there is a big difference between telling somebody about something and preaching, thats why so much misunderstanding occurs, especially on internet forums!!! It does not bother me what other people eat, it used to years ago, but not anymore. I cannot make myself any clearer.

"the adversarial tone" is perceived. tone is always felt by the reader , more than meant by the writer, especially on internet forums

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Cunning wrote: »
    IF GOD DIDNT WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS THEN WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?? EH?

with that statement your implying that everyone believes in your God [or a God for that matter] so I call you a jerk for projecting your morals and beliefs onto other people that same way you feel that syrian and the veggies do to you.

but no one gives a damn. .

someone does give a damn, he does.

CDfm wrote: »
    this does nothing to answer why people hate veggies or maybe they do.

everychance they have they change topic and turn it into a political discussion.

Maybe you should tell us if you have any meat eating friends and whether if inviting you for a meal in their homes how they accomadate your choices and how.

Also if you invite meat eating friends to your home what you do to accomadate them.

Now a tricky one - 15 year old offspring has dairy, egg, wheat, gluten, rye citrus fruit and a few others up to 30 allergies. Has a limited diet which excludes most readily available veggie foods so needs to eat meat for protein. How would you accomadate such a person as your guest.

I have cooked many vegan meals for most of my close meat eating friends, they all loved the food, if i go to their house i would cook my own, or they would be happy to cook some vegan curry for me as they have in the past. i have cook vegan meals for friends of my parents much to their suprise they like them, i would not be offended if they didnt, its not such a big deal. I dont know what your are getting at by asking these questions?

as for your 15 year old offspring i dont know? are trying to test my knowledge of nutrition or do you not know yourself what to feed this "offspring" i would be glad to fix up a recipe for you but you said they have 30 allergies so you would have to list them first.....dont really know what you are asking for?

• Advertisement

Maybe you should tell us if you have any meat eating friends and whether if inviting you for a meal in their homes how they accomadate your choices and how.

I've never had an issue going to a friends for food, there's always some dish that doesn't contain meat and I wouldn't expect anyone to go out of their way to cook something for me. As stated before if I eat out its for the company and to spend time with friends or family, very easy to cook something when I go home.

Have you ever been invited to a meal where the dish being severed wasn't something you like? Ignore the meat vs veggie thing, just plain simple taste, think of a dish you dislike and image you go to a friends for a meal and thats the main dish, would you look for them to cook you something else cus you don't like it? You wouldn't, you'd enjoy spending time with your friends and hit up a chipper on the way home.
    Also if you invite meat eating friends to your home what you do to accomadate them..

I wasn't aware that people who eat meat had some sort of allergy to vegetables. I've had plenty of friends over for meals where I've cooked some damn good food and no one has every turned their noise up and demand meat be added - most are happy with the free meal. My mum loves when I come home and cook for her, she doesn't care what is served as long as she doesn't have to slave all day cooking it.

Now a tricky one - 15 year old offspring has dairy, egg, wheat, gluten, rye citrus fruit and a few others up to 30 allergies. Has a limited diet which excludes most readily available veggie foods so needs to eat meat for protein. How would you accomadate such a person as your guest.

Someone with such extreme allergies would have issues eating out anywhere and would most likely bring their own food just to be safe. I've an 8 year old cousin with very bad food allergies and her mother brings all her food with her, even when coming to our house for xmas dinner she has to have all her food cooked at her own home due to the risk of something falling in. She even brings her own plates as plates can hold small traces of food even after being washed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

nice post - you sound as balanced as your meals undoubtedly are

your friends are probably being silly - as for offending anyone with nice cheese etc or a fondue - its subjective

as for testing your nutritional knowledge - no way- ive found rice noodles etc but i must say it is very difficult for anyone with special dietary requirements - in ireland as we dont have databases of food and the special foods are ridiclously expensive when you find it

the main allergies are dairy(milk cows and goats)chese yogurt etc i -eggs - wheat rye gluten spelt - soy/soya- plus banana orange cranberry pineapple. - if i could find a baker etc or chocolate that would make life easier for her i would be delighted.

So maybe if the issue was presented as special diet as you do- people wouldnt be so uptight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Its just annoying, and stuff like that is why people hate vegans. I'm sorry but its true.

This is a thread about veggies, not vegans :P
    Take your hate elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    An inability to see a post in context only proves my (tongue in cheek) theory.
    Your post was a bannable offence, that is what I was pointing out.

I presume you are a veggie due to your previous comments about meateaters being stupid, and the above comment inferring I am stupid (though I never said what I ate). Being a veggie you probably will not be banned here, especially now you attempt to pass it off as a joke. Though some other joker was banned, but they appeared to be a meateater, you're probably safe here though.

I see people "hating veggies" as similar to smokers hating "nonsmokers". Some meateaters and smokers have probably encountered militant veggies/nonsmokers so brand them all like that, and are always on the defence. They also simply accept they are in "the wrong" as far as the militants would see it, so see no real need to defend themselves. What some would like to do is point out or question the apparent hypocrisy the militant nonsmokers/veggie might have, and what gives them the right to criticise them. So you will get smokers asking "well do you drive a car, well then you are polluting the air just like me", just like the meateater might say "you are drinking beer made from animals". Many might deepdown feel they are "in the wrong" and try defending themselves by showing everybody is "in the wrong".

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

I was on the Alliance for Animals Rights mailing list for a number of years, I read all the Animal Rights Action Network & Irish Anti-Vivisection Society press releases & have done for a number of years, I've also heard Bernie Wright (who is the spokesperson for Alliance for Animal Rights) interviewed on numerous occasions...... to the best of my knowledge they are the main three groups in Ireland (though I'm very welcome to correction on that) so I have done a fair bit of reading on the topic ;)

Well if you have done a fair bit of reading on the topic, you should know not to mix up the likes of ALF, who are quite extreme, with as you say ARAN and IAVS. The latter two, write to politicians, stage protests etc. and act within the law while providing a voice for animal rights.

• Advertisement

ive presume there has been an edit here as KFC links have been edited out.

But when you see stuff like was posted on the KFC cruelty issue its what puts people off veggies - its the didactic stuff that goes well beyond lifestyle choice ie to eat or not to eat meat that is the question?

So when food choice goes beyond health to political -animal rights vivesection and all that its a turn off.

Thats maybe why some of the vegetarians I know are a pain. THe same way some of the Irish speakers I know are pushing culture or political beliefs I dont want and are a pain. Alice Cooper from the early 70s is far better to the Chieftians any day and if I had to choose between Iron Maiden and the Dubliners _ I know just what Id do and would run to the hills.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rubadub wrote: »
    Your post was a bannable offence, that is what I was pointing out.

I presume you are a veggie due to your previous comments about meateaters being stupid, and the above comment inferring I am stupid (though I never said what I ate). Being a veggie you probably will not be banned here, especially now you attempt to pass it off as a joke. Though some other joker was banned, but they appeared to be a meateater, you're probably safe here though.

I see people "hating veggies" as similar to smokers hating "nonsmokers". Some meateaters and smokers have probably encountered militant veggies/nonsmokers so brand them all like that, and are always on the defence. They also simply accept they are in "the wrong" as far as the militants would see it, so see no real need to defend themselves. What some would like to do is point out or question the apparent hypocrisy the militant nonsmokers/veggie might have, and what gives them the right to criticise them. So you will get smokers asking "well do you drive a car, well then you are polluting the air just like me", just like the meateater might say "you are drinking beer made from animals". Many might deepdown feel they are "in the wrong" and try defending themselves by showing everybody is "in the wrong".

Report the post, I don't everything, especially amongst drivel, moving house and applying for a phd.
    Shoulf have noticed you quoting it though.
    I have also banned vegetarians from here permanently, don't give me that nonsense.
    I agree with your response to the thread though, as usual.
    People don't like to feel somebody thinks they are better than them. That person has made a different moral choice, they
    think that the vegetarian/non smoker must look down their nose at them.
    I however don't think that they need to have encountered a militant member and had a bad experience to feel this way, although it may help it along.

I have .. banned vegetarians permanently..... vegetarian/non smoker ......militant

Woohoo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

as a bona fide culchie and carnivore im cool with the methods of production and dont care about the political arguments.

You're cool with inflicting pain and torture on animals as the result of poor processes and general callousness?

Says a lot about you as a person.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Less off topicness or this is closed.

kraggy wrote: »
    You're cool with inflicting pain and torture on animals as the result of poor processes and general callousness?

I eat meat - and the point is that I am tolerant of others beliefs but dont nesscessarily share them or agree with them.

If you look at the thread topic -its comments like yours that stereotype people.

So I am not judging other posters by you

I eat meat - and the point is that I am tolerant of others beliefs but dont nesscessarily share them or agree with them.

If you look at the thread topic -its comments like yours that stereotype people.

So I am not judging other posters by you. And wont get into a meat vs veggie argument out of respect to others as it is a good thread.

ok back to topic then

I haven't ate meat for four years, yet i have no problem with people who do, I cannot stress this enough.

I never voice my reasons for not eating meat, unless asked, and at that chance I try to communicate with whoever is asking in the nicest manner possible, without making them feel anyway like I am preaching. This is vital.

If some vegetarians think other people hate them (hate is obviously too strong a word) then they are mistaken. This is similar to Muslims thinking all Christians hate them or visa-versa, or anyone of opposing beliefs taking a defensive view, just because they heard a minority spreading hate.

Just because someone is vegetarian or vegan does not guarantee by any means that they hold the same beliefs of PETA or the Animal Liberation Front or any animal rights organisation. This is lazy association as is assuming all Christians hate gays or that all Muslims believe adulterers should be stoned to death.

If someone is Vegan or Vegetarian that is all they are, it does not automatically mean they don't like meateaters, that they value animals equal to humans, that they hold any particular belief at all.

It simply is a definition of what they eat, so jumping to conclusions is a pointless exercise. Individuals do exist!

If people react to you being vegetarian in a negative way that is because you
    need to change the way you communicate your choice to them. If they ridicule you , then laugh along, it is pointless taking it to heart. If they ask silly questions then give silly absurd answers, tell them you secretly drink cows blood for breakfast,make light of it, don't take it so seriously. If you laugh at people in situations where you feel your choices are being attacked, the reaction will not be as bad. Plus, they will be confused and not bother attacking you if you don't seem to be defending.

I never tell anyone I am vegan unless the are genuinely open-minded and ready to hear what I say and then I am very careful of how I say it.

Even so, I usually talk about how healthy I feel and don't talk about animal rights at all, as I don't wholeheartedly believe in them anyway.

I talk about how I need two hours less sleep than when I ate meat, about how I have more energy,about how I really do enjoy what I eat and how I made the conversion,about how I understand how anyone could be baffled about my choice and how I feel its not a choice that anyone could make.

These are all positive things, instead of focusing on political stuff and arguing about things you know people will never agree on.

I feel a lot better these days about my choices, compared to when I was younger, I found it a lot harder when I used to try to tell people what I thought was wrong with eating meat, it never resulted in anything positive. No-one I ever encountered ever changed their opinions, and no-ones comments ever changed my diet. So all in all, I think it is ultimately pointless discussing something people take so personally. If you feel passionate about your beliefs, and often when they are questioned and ridiculed, you end up saying stupid things and being misunderstood.

So to sum up ,my firm belief is no one has the right to hate anyone for a choice they make in their life, whether that is to be Vegetarian, Vegan, Meateater, Christian, Muslim or anything you choose to believe in as long you keep your beliefs to yourself, respect others choices, and maintain decency and TOLERANCE when discussing the differences in your choices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

ZYX wrote: »
    Vast majority of vegetarians I know are not actual vegetarians. You have the usual fish eating crowd but also those who liberally sprinkle parmesan cheese on their "vegetarian food", or . . . or drink non-veggie wines etc, etc

Someone confused vegetarian with vegan there . . .

Meat eaters eat other things besides meat, as someone pointed out. So you accommodate them by making a delicious meal. If they're friends (and they'd better be, if I'm cooking for them!), they know that you don't eat meat, and know you won't be serving any. What's the problem?
    i can understand the meat thing, but as I said before, when my vegan friend comes over he won't sit on a leather couch. Which is something I just don't understand. The animal has already been killed. The couch has already been purchased. If he was to sit on the couch, no extra animal would be killed. The people who make those couches will not take into account the fact that he refused to sit on it. It was us who purchased it. Him sitting or not sitting on that couch will have no effect on the lives of any animal in the world. He may refuse to sit on it out of principle, but no one gives a damn. Its just annoying, and stuff like that is why people hate vegans. I'm sorry but its true.

BAH. Look, I agree with you rather than your friend. But it kind of rubs me the wrong way that your reasoning behind the fact that people hate vegans (which, I think, has already been established as being false) is because your one friend won't sit on a leather sofa. He is one person.
    So to sum up ,my firm belief is no one has the right to hate anyone for a choice they make in their life, whether that is to be Vegetarian, Vegan, Meateater, Christian, Muslim or anything you choose to believe in as long you . . . maintain decency and TOLERANCE when discussing the differences in your choices

I think that's the crux of the issue. No one likes to have leaflets shoved in their faces or be verbally attacked for their choices. And while extreme actions are certainly noticed (PETA demonstrations, running naked through an office building, flying planes into buildings), it doesn't often get the desired effect. If we are actually having a calm and rational discussion, I'm not telling you why I don't support factory farming and slaughterhouses because I want you to change what you're doing; I'm telling you because a) presumably you asked and b) I do it to feel better about the choices that I make.

And then we'll sit on your leather sofa and have a few drinks and that'll be that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

So I am not judging other posters by you

Eh, no. Your point was precisely what I quoted in my post; that you have no problem with how your meat comes to you. It's there in black and white.

I merely pointed it out so I'm not sterotypical of anything or anyone. Don't make statements if you're not prepared to stand by them.

On topic, I haven't got a hard time for being vegetarian in many years. I remember one night in a pub though where a so-called "friend" verbally assaulted and ridiculed me in front of other people, all for being veggie and he didn't agree with it. But haven't had anything like that since. I really don't understand why we get any abuse at all though. It's not as if your choice affects anyone else. It's our diet and thus, our business. Maybe people see us as self-righteous and on the moral high ground. But that's not the case, unless a vegetarian does the opposite to the thread title and gives omnivores a hard time for eating meat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Cunning

ztoical wrote: »
    with that statement your implying that everyone believes in your God [or a God for that matter] so I call you a jerk for projecting your morals and beliefs onto other people that same way you feel that syrian and the veggies do to you.

there is no need to call me a jerk, i was simply quoting john cleese (he is a comedian). i didnt imply that i was endorsing his viewpoint. [i'm sorry if you didnt see the humor in it]

and if there is a god i'm sure he loves veggies too!!

oh btw the reason i thought the syrian and the 1 veggie were jerks is because they directly implied that i was morrally corrupt. NOT because they expressed their beliefs.

i think its just fine to be a vegitarian who thinks its just fine to eat meat.
    thats all. :)

Eh, no. Your point was precisely what I quoted in my post; that you have no problem with how your meat comes to you.

On topic, I haven't got a hard time for being vegetarian in many years. I remember one night in a pub though where a so-called "friend" verbally assaulted and ridiculed me in front of other people, all for being veggie and he didn't agree with it. But haven't had anything like that since. I really don't understand why we get any abuse at all though.

But that's not the case, unless a vegetarian does the opposite to the thread title and gives omnivores a hard time for eating meat.

i stand by what i said - but in the context it was said in was different.

but i guess you learned that guy wasnt a friend - i can accept that you find eating meat not to your liking and it might make you gag -creamed rice or mushrooms do that to me. I know thats not the same but its as close as i can get on food revulsion.You are well rid of that person.

my point is that food and eating with guests is a friendly breaking of bread thing - no one wants lectures on that - some veggies do that and go further into political style anti-globalisation stuff and animal cruelty.

Im not saying that you do.

I was at a very enjoyable evening in Windsor a few years back -sticky cheese fondue with fresh bread -never knew the couple were vegetarian.

I was at a Diwali celebration in London two years back - all vegeterian -same thing.

I suppose when you disassociate the non-meat eating from the other stuff its different. Im vegetarian cos I dont like meat is ok - but I have a relative who brought it up even on religous stuff and holy communion in a way catholic relatives found very offensive and BTW blasphemous. So that was a no no.

What Im suggesting is that people assume you will as a vegetarian be preachy and hold set views and if thats the case - this perception will lead to them stereotyping you as intolerant of meat eaters.

So if the question is why are people intolerant of vegetarians the answer might be as a defence towards an anticipated attack on their behavior as a meat eater and a whole slew of what they would percieve as radical or a alternative vews on a whole host of political, economic and other issues that people assume you might subscribe to.

That would be my view for what its worth.

ok back to topic then

I never tell anyone I am vegan unless the are genuinely open-minded and ready to hear what I say and then I am very careful of how I say it.

These are all positive things, instead of focusing on political stuff and arguing about things you know people will never agree on.

good for you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

So if the question is why are people intolerant of vegetarians the answer might be as a defence towards an anticipated attack on their behavior as a meat eater and a whole slew of what they would percieve as radical or a alternative vews on a whole host of political, economic and other issues that people assume you might subscribe to.
    I think you're right there. Veggie = hippy = bleeding heart liberal = evangelist.

Also, I think most people don't like to think about where their food, etc comes from and vegetarians and vegans force them to think about it more than they would like. It's the same thing in the environmental sector - many people just want to put blinkers on and carry on their merry way.

taconnol wrote: »
    Also, I think most people don't like to think about where their food, etc comes from and vegetarians and vegans force them to think about it more than they would like.
    That is true, it takes a lot to disgust me though! My brother always winds my mother up eating meat, she would say "is that nice?", and he would say "yeah, a fine bit of pig/cow" and she goes all queasy. Some do not like seeing heads on fish or pigs.

Meateaters do that to me too, eating sausages or burgers "you do know whats in there don't you?" -"yeah, genitals, faeces, lips, fecking lovely". I would consider eating any part of an animal as potentially disgusting as the next. Also I would not be put off by the animal either, dog, horse, snake etc.

I have actually met more preachy meateaters in my time with attempts to put me off meat products. But I have met preachy vegans & vegans too and since there are fewer vegans/veggies than meaters I would say a much higher % of vegans/veggies preach to me than meateaters. When the veggie says "do you know whats in that burger", "yeah, the same stuff your vegetables are grown in, cow shi-te, lovely taste, isn't it, your veggies marinated in it for months"

I see some vegans will not eat vegetables grown in manure.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

SeekUp wrote: »
    Someone confused vegetarian with vegan there . . .

Well it certainly was not me. Most cheese is not vegetarian. There is no such thing as vegetarian parmesan cheese. Most wines are not vegetarian. As far as I know guinness is not vegetarian (although I may be wrong). Any food deep fried is going to be deep fried in the same oil as meat is deep fried an so will contain traces of meat. If you eat at a restaurant that is not vegetarian then almost certainly you will be eating meat

I see some vegans will not eat vegetables grown in manure.

I love this and will no doubt use it sometime:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I have actually met more preachy meateaters in my time with attempts to put me off meat products. But I have met preachy vegans & vegans too and since there are fewer vegans/veggies than meaters I would say a much higher % of vegans/veggies preach to me than meateaters. When the veggie says "do you know whats in that burger", "yeah, the same stuff your vegetables are grown in, cow shi-te, lovely taste, isn't it, your veggies marinated in it for months"
    What exactly do meat-eaters have to be preachy about? They are in the majority and Irish society, at least, is totally geared towards them. There are only about 6 vegetarian places to eat in Dublin, the capital. So a meat-eater can go into over 99% of the restaurants in this city and get a meal with some meat in it. The meat that most people eat is heavily subsidised by the EU so that they can walk into any shop and pick up 2 chickens for €10 with nothing on the label to hint, most of the time, what went into the production of that meat. Most animals suffer low levels of welfare to further ensure cheap meat but there is no legislation to force meat-eaters to face the reality of their habits

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you met more "preachy vegans/vegetarians" - they actually have something to say that goes against the norm, as opposed to meat-eaters, who are very well catered for and molly-coddled and have little to be complaining about.

BTW, I'm not a vegetarian.

taconnol wrote: »
    What exactly do meat-eaters have to be preachy about?
    Usually just trying to put me off my food, or "warn" me about it containing parts of animals which they do not find appetising for some reason. i.e. they prefer muscles over other organs for whatever reason. Generally trying to disgust me and failing miserably, and how they would never eat such products.
    People don't like to feel somebody thinks they are better than them. That person has made a different moral choice, they
    think that the vegetarian/non smoker must look down their nose at them.
    That is the feeling I get from them, I am some sort of degenerate since I eat sausages, while they eat "quality" bacon.

Others will go on about the importance of organics over mass farmed meats, I have never had people say that to me, just read it online a little.

• Advertisement

Usually just trying to put me off my food, or "warn" me about it containing parts of animals which they do not find appetising for some reason. i.e. they prefer muscles over other organs for whatever reason. Generally trying to disgust me and failing miserably, and how they would never eat such products.
    If that's all they have to complain about..

I think vegetarians annoy people more than the example you give because they're not talking nonsense and it's harder to dismiss them.

Advertisement