Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-10-2019, 22:01   #9661
FutureTeashock

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticsfan View Post
Folks

I need to get a new passport to give revolut ID for the whole Brexit thing...

Has anyone successfully submitted the passport card as a form of ID...would they accept that or do they want the booklet version...

Thanks
Just submit it and find out. I would imagine they will accept it, but if they don't just get a full version.
Advertisement
17-10-2019, 22:50   #9662
Dodge

You can’t *just* get a passport card. You need to get the booklet (the card is an add on)
Thanks from:
17-10-2019, 23:15   #9663
celticsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
You can’t *just* get a passport card. You need to get the booklet (the card is an add on)

Ah crap,was just browsing on the mobile and didnt notice that...75eur job it is so

Thanks lads
18-10-2019, 01:42   #9664
Raoul Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooser14 View Post
The current app works on Android version 6.0 and newer.
It might "work", but does it give you all the functionality.

I only know from my experience. I had Android 6.something and the Revolut app was fully updated, as per the play store. I also reached the credit limit and and didn't have the option in the app to reset it.

My phone was rooted and was already running a custom rom, so I just installed a rom with Android 9 and now Revolut is working perfectly fine.

Can't get the AIB app to work though, but that's for a different thread.
18-10-2019, 12:55   #9665
Gooser14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
It might "work", but does it give you all the functionality.

I only know from my experience. I had Android 6.something and the Revolut app was fully updated, as per the play store. I also reached the credit limit and and didn't have the option in the app to reset it.

My phone was rooted and was already running a custom rom, so I just installed a rom with Android 9 and now Revolut is working perfectly fine.

Can't get the AIB app to work though, but that's for a different thread.
I'm currently running Revolut app Version 6.12 on an Android Version 6.0.1 (Samsung Galaxy S5 phone) and the Contactless Limit Reset function is working fine.

I access it this way:
Cards > Pin & Security > Reset Contactless Limit

It also came up automatically when I reached the limit.
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 16:33   #9666
JohnCleary

Anyone dealt with a Revolut chargeback?

Had a fraudulent transaction the other day while abroad. Froze the card, made contact with them etc.

Today they allowed me to fill in a chargeback form... now a waiting game. They had to wait until the transaction completed before I could make a claim.

It's not a huge amount but that's not the point. Have been using cards for over 15 years and the first time it's happened. Good thing it was Revolut, the transaction popped up and cancelled right away... should have it frozen by default but hey ho
18-10-2019, 18:01   #9667
msmx5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCleary View Post
Yep - search the this thread for "chargeback". I had one earlier this year and it took a while but was handled efficiently by revolut and I got the money back.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 10:44   #9668
JohnCleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCleary View Post

Had a fraudulent transaction the other day while abroad. Froze the card, made contact with them etc.

Today they allowed me to fill in a chargeback form... now a waiting game. They had to wait until the transaction completed before I could make a claim.

It's not a huge amount but that's not the point. Have been using cards for over 15 years and the first time it's happened. Good thing it was Revolut, the transaction popped up and cancelled right away... should have it frozen by default but hey ho
Just an update on this....

Submitted the Chargeback form on Oct 18th

Received full refund on.... Oct 19th!

Superb service from Revolut.
Yesterday, 15:36   #9669
Fian

Recently joined revolut. Trying to set up a payment link to organise payments from multiple people for a christmas lunch, when i try to create a link it says "sorry for security reasons you need to top up more and use a card before using this feature." I have added €1000 to it and spent around 800 on the card. I guess their algorithm is blocking on the basis that i am recently joined? Anyone know how I can get past this blockage?

I ordered a physical card in case that would help. i mostly have this as a mechanism to feed money to my kids.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion