Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭GBX

small further update. I got a different rev support guy on he said all users were told about this change via email. Sure enough buried amongst a million other mails I dont read, there it is saying virtual cards will stop working after 19 may so as your service providor (for me its netflix/youtube/prime) goes to take the next payment, expect them to start failing.

There is a new debit card in my cards now. Im going to try that with Netflix later on. Netflix chat support pretty good.

Got that email about the virtual card expiring. I'll get onto Netflix support and see if they can help as my standard card wouldnt go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I haven't received a mail from Revolut about card expiring. Only set up Netflix Turkey and Revolut at the start of May, will see what happens when Netflix go to take their next payment in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

DeadSkin wrote: »
    I haven't received a mail from Revolut about card expiring. Only set up Netflix Turkey and Revolut at the start of May, will see what happens when Netflix go to take their next payment in June.

payment finally went through after on the virtual card that revolut re-instated, they reinstated it with zero fuss. If nyone getting this, go to the revolut app, go on chat and ask them to reinstate the virtual card.

Then a few hours later, in netflix try and make the payment go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

very lucky. had signed up with a revolut virtual that got decommisioned, and it let me update another card .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I'm still having the 'number verification code' stumbling block. I've tried to verify my number via the irish netflix, via the turkish netflix and each time I don't receive the code. I've then deleted my number but then when I get to the stage after the payment method it's looking for a turkish number to send a verification code to..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭andyred

Lemag wrote: »
    I'm still having the 'number verification code' stumbling block. I've tried to verify my number via the irish netflix, via the turkish netflix and each time I don't receive the code. I've then deleted my number but then when I get to the stage after the payment method it's looking for a turkish number to send a verification code to..

Exact same issue here. It wouldnt accept my Revolut cards or one of my credit cards. Eventually accepted another credit card but I got a message asking me to provide my Turkish mobile number to verify my account. There is no option anywhere to skip this part. If I sign out it doesnt verify the account. Just cant get past it.

Edit....for some reason it now refuses to accept the credit card it accepted earlier and also keeps saying my password is incorrect and making me constantly reset it. This is painful. Im just going back to paying full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Rustyman101

andyred wrote: »
    Exact same issue here. It wouldnt accept my Revolut cards or one of my credit cards. Eventually accepted another credit card but I got a message asking me to provide my Turkish mobile number to verify my account. There is no option anywhere to skip this part. If I sign out it doesnt verify the account. Just cant get past it.

Edit....for some reason it now refuses to accept the credit card it accepted earlier and also keeps saying my password is incorrect and making me constantly reset it. This is painful. Im just going back to paying full price.
    vouchers are the way to go, loaded mine till Oct for €24 worth of TL, can be bought online and redeemed easily on NF

vouchers are the way to go, loaded mine till Oct for €24 worth of TL, can be bought online and redeemed easily on NF

Might one still be asked to verify a Turkish number though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Where you buying the vouchers?
    Can you link sites?
    Also, do you need VPN to purchase the vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

quazzy wrote: »
    Where you buying the vouchers?
    Can you link sites?
    Also, do you need VPN to purchase the vouchers

No you do not need a VPN to purchase them
    https://www.g2a.com/en/search?___currency=EUR&query=TL%20netflix
    €11.69 tonight which is as cheap as I have seen them recently so bought 500 TL worth which added to my previous 200 TL has me paid up till June 2022

• Advertisement

€11.69 tonight which is as cheap as I have seen them recently so bought 500 TL worth which added to my previous 200 TL has me paid up till June 2022

Thanks for the reply.
    I purchase 2 x 100 TL cards (without VPN) - all fine.

I logged into Netflix over VPN (Turkey) and applied the first card - all fine, no issues.

I went to apply the second gift card and it brought up an error - can't apply to balance or something.

Do you need to wait a while between adding the codes for stacking?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,902 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

quazzy wrote:

This happened to me a few months ago. I waited for the next day but still error. In the end I changed to a different free vpn & I was able to load all of my vouchers then

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This happened to me a few months ago. I waited for the next day but still error. In the end I changed to a different free vpn & I was able to load all of my vouchers then

Perfect. thanks for tip.
    I'm paid up for a few months so will set a reminder to add it a bit closer to the time and check a different vpn if the main one doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Thanks dude! 11.59 right now! Last time I checked was 13-something!

Update: €58 and 500TL later, all 5 cards uploaded to my netflix (no VPN) without issue, I'm now in credit until March 2022, and TL (per xe.com) is at its lowest since the dip in November last year! if it drops more I'll buy more gift cards, but if it increases, I'm still good for 10 months!

If one prepays with a voucher does that mean that one is covered up until the date the prepay covers regardless of whether Netflix raises the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,902 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Lemag wrote:
    If one prepays with a voucher does that mean that one is covered up until the date the prepay covers regardless of whether Netflix raises the plan?

No. If netflix increases price next month then vouchers will run out quicker.

quazzy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    I purchase 2 x 100 TL cards (without VPN) - all fine.

I logged into Netflix over VPN (Turkey) and applied the first card - all fine, no issues.

I went to apply the second gift card and it brought up an error - can't apply to balance or something.

No you do not need a vpn, sometimes it takes a couple of logouts and then into redeem voucher or else try Netflix.com/code and try that. You will get it to accept eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

How trustworthy are g2a? According to this 2 year old thread all the gaming keys they sell are not legit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/aqhdfb/is_g2a_a_legit_site/

Wheety wrote: »
    How trustworthy are g2a? According to this 2 year old thread all the gaming keys they sell are not legit.

For what its worth I have used them about 20 times over the years for playstation codes, Microsoft office codes, Windows codes etc and every one of them has worked perfectly fine. Have never had any issue with them but then never knew they had a reputation for being shady.

Problem is I cant get into the account to apply them. I have let my Irish sub run out. I open the VPN and open Netflix in incognito. I try sign in and am greeted with a screen asking me to pick a plan. Once I pick one it takes me to the next screen to confirm my billing info. There is no option to add any vouchers. I can only add a card and it doesn't want to accept any of them. Thats where I am stuck. Am I doing something wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

andyred wrote: »
    Problem is I cant get into the account to apply them. I have let my Irish sub run out. I open the VPN and open Netflix in incognito. I try sign in and am greeted with a screen asking me to pick a plan. Once I pick one it takes me to the next screen to confirm my billing info. There is no option to add any vouchers. I can only add a card and it doesn't want to accept any of them. Thats where I am stuck. Am I doing something wrong?

You might need to have an active account to apply a gift card? When I sign in I can go into my account details and add a gift card there. It's sperate to choosing my plan.

Can you look at your account details?

Wheety wrote: »

I have bought about 8 vouchers and no issue with any of them so far and I always pay with PayPal

My second code was accepted today so I went ahead and purchased another 500TL worth of them.

This seems like a good option for those having issues updating CC details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

yes great way to relieve the anxiety of will it/won't it go through

• Registered Users Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Turkish Lira is dropping again against €/$ so it'll be better value even with their last increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Just changed my card from revolut..idiots changed virtual card ! Worked fine hope they bill without issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Just changed my card from revolut..idiots changed virtual card ! Worked fine hope they bill without issues

I've never got any notice from Revolut regarding card change. I have created the virtual card in march and added it to Netflix and it's been working fine since march. This morning Netflix payment went through Revolut virtual card fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I just bought a shed load of Turkish Netflix vouchers from a crowd called turgame.com after being unable to replace the virtual Revolut card (I also tried Curve but with no luck). A 100tl Turgame card costs €10,64 but by God did I have to jump through hoops to get them. The first order for one card went through no problem and was redeemed by Turkish Netflix but the next order to Turgame flagged a security issue (I was using a Revolut disposable card) so I had to submit a photo of my ID card alongside a dated, handwritten copy of my order number to get it cleared. Eventually after a few hours of anxiety it went through and I was able to then order a few more without issue. I'm now paid up for Netflix well into next year. Just posting as Turgame is cheaper for vouchers than the other link mentioned on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

jakdublin wrote: »
    I just bought a shed load of Turkish Netflix vouchers from a crowd called turgame.com after being unable to replace the virtual Revolut card (I also tried Curve but with no luck). A 100tl Turgame card costs €10,64 but by God did I have to jump through hoops to get them. The first order for one card went through no problem and was redeemed by Turkish Netflix but the next order to Turgame flagged a security issue (I was using a Revolut disposable card) so I had to submit a photo of my ID card alongside a dated, handwritten copy of my order number to get it cleared. Eventually after a few hours of anxiety it went through and I was able to then order a few more without issue. I'm now paid up for Netflix well into next year. Just posting as Turgame is cheaper for vouchers than the other link mentioned on this thread.

Yeah I came across them a few days ago but was nervous as no-one had mentioned them, so decided to go with tried and tested g2a. Now when I bought they were at a great rate of €11.59 and now are up to 12.30 again, still a pretty good deal, I bought 500TL worth and they arrived within minutes and redeemed in netflix with no issue whatsover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭lau1247

Got a mail yesterday saying they were not able to process the payment.

Went and tried to change card detail (Revolut visa). It would not accept.

Decide to try to log in again but this time via VPN. Again tried to reenter same card detail (Revolut visa). Same result. I tried another Revolut card. This time MasterCard branded and it worked.

About 10 mins later. The payment went through.

Hope this might be useful for some here with card expiring soon.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement