Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do you guys expect to wait before sex?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

nthclare wrote: »
    That's an interesting post, really interesting.

Not sure how relevant it, or most of yours, is to the thread topic though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Not sure how relevant it, or most of yours, is to the thread topic though...

I know you're right, i went off track.
    It sometimes happens I'm afraid it happens now and again.

Im trying to stick with the subject matter, but I think its good to deviate now and again.
    Thats what I like about discussion it could take us anywhere.
    Like your response to my posts, we could deviate with that
    again but that's not your style to interrupt the flow.

Do you like canals or meandering rivers?

I'll wait 2 minutes and 54.5 seconds, max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

20Wheel wrote: »
    Which is why 3rd date is the rule.

If their intent is to hit and run then they have had to spend three dates, enough of an investment to put off chancers.

Or from the other side, if one party is a lukewarm time waster then this will be exposed, and the more interested party can divest.

Its a mutual compromise.
    But if you like her, would you really just discontinue things after specifically three dates? It might happen on the fourth date. A set timeline is mechanical and unrealistic. There are no rules in this regard by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Seems an odd question for the OP to ask, if 2 people like each other it's only natural that they would both want to shag after a few dates, that's been my experience anyway.

Only time something like this was mentioned was with someone I went on a few dates with years ago and she mentioned that she would make the guy wait 6 months before he would be let into the lady garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭moonage

It would depend on how much of a goer she was.

As the song says: "Some girls will, some girls won't, some girls need a lot of lovin' and some girls don't".

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Raconteuse wrote: »
    But if you like her, would you really just discontinue things after specifically three dates? It might happen on the fourth date. A set timeline is mechanical and unrealistic. There are no rules in this regard by the way.

Yep.

She's probably not that into me if it's taking so long.

So at that point I've done my pursuing, I'm not going to play my lute outside her ivory tower. She has my number. I'm not a free therapist or her gay pal. You want an endless source of entertainment try the Graham Norton show. He'll be your dancing clown, keep you company all night.

Most guys I know go by the 3 date rule.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Omackeral wrote: »
    About a month, or in terms OP would understand, 6,421 posts.

Hahahaha.. back to the OPs question tho, it's not really something you'd predict with any real accuracy. At the end of the day it depends how long the queue is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

20Wheel wrote: »
    Yep.

She's probably not that into me if it's taking so long.

So at that point I've done my pursuing, I'm not going to play my lute outside her ivory tower. She has my number. I'm not a free therapist or her gay pal. You want an endless source of entertainment try the Graham Norton show. He'll be your dancing clown, keep you company all night.

Most guys I know go by the 3 date rule.

Imo, that is a good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I have had sex on a first date. I have also wanted sex with a guy that I knew was not comfortable enough till 4 months after we started dating. The sex with that second guy when it happened was incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

I have had sex on a first date. I have also wanted sex with a guy that I knew was not comfortable enough till 4 months after we started dating. The sex with that second guy when it happened was incredible.

Best sex I ever had was with a girl I started sleeping with on our first date. It was good that first night but the next day we really clicked in bed and it was the start of an incredible few months. If Kathleen's story and mine show anything it's don't worry about the "rules". When it's the right time it's the right time.

Having a "rule" is bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Answering anything posted by the OP is bizarre.

*except this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭misterme123

But how long is too long??

OP, don't worry about it. When two people love each other's vibes, they'll wait.

"wait" makes it sound like a gift. An arbitrary number of dates or weeks makes it sound like a gift. Would never be with a woman who treated sex like that. You're sure to be going out with a dumb clown who'll treat sex like a tool in the relationship.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Sharing yourself with one another is a gift. Intimacy (like trust) is earned, by both parties. Sex is a tool, but not that type you suggest - it's a powerful tool for connection and security, and taken far too lightly.

Waiting a certain number of dates or weeks isn't "earning" intimacy. If it naturally takes a couple of months for it to happen, that's fine. But a timer is a sign you're going out with someone who treats sex as a gift instead of a shared experience.

That's a big red flag for me and I wouldn't stick around. "Ok, you're allowed to have sex with me now." doesn't really sound as nice as "I'm ready to have sex with you."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Takes about 2 minutes for the jar of liver to cool down enough after taking it out of the microwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

I'm surprised people have rules and expectations around this. It happens when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Depends on which field they are in, and how quickly the dogs can get them into the pen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

When ur ready pop him a little blue one , happy days

• Advertisement

Actually now I look at the thread title I see what some posters mean. It does smack of "how long do I have before I need to put out" about it. If a poster was asking that I would wonder about the future of the physical side of the relationship going forward.

A number of "Women shouldn't put an arbitrary time frame on sex happening" posts in a thread with a number of posts from guys saying they put an arbitrary time frame on sex happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

It either happens or it doesn't. For me in one relationship it was the second day, another relationship it was six months from first date to sex. The latter was far better and it has stood the test of time.

There's no guidelines on this stuff.

paulbok wrote: »
    Till we get home, usually.

The word usually there made me laugh. Have had experience of couldn't wait till then. Good times!

The word usually there made me laugh. Have had experience of couldn't wait till then. Good times!

The great outdoors or car - lol nothing like it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

"Ok, you're allowed to have sex with me now." doesn't really sound as nice as "I'm ready to have sex with you."
    "I'm ready to have sex with you" doesn't sound as nice as "shut up and fcuk me" :D

The great outdoors. Every ****ing time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The dogger's motto:D

The great outdoors. Every ****ing time. :D

Suppose a date is out of the question Kathleen! Lol
    We can let on it’s number 3 - lol

• Advertisement