Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrendous assault in Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I live in Limerick between 10 and 15 years ago and am currently living in Lucan. This nonexistant trouble seems to keep following me. Or maybe I'm causing this nonexistant trouble?

You must have picked up a fair few stab wounds in that time. I understand most people in Limerick have been stabbed to death at least once. Lucan can't be far off at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 decmeister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

“In a separate incident, Gardaí in Lucan are also investigating an armed robbery at a house in the Meile an Rí estate in Lucan overnight on Tuesday.”

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/man-seriously-assaulted-by-four-teenagers-while-walking-home-from-work-37699548.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Was sale agreed on a house in lucan 18 months ago. Pretty glad that went south. It is definitely worse than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 decmeister

“In a separate incident, Gardaí in Lucan are also investigating an armed robbery at a house in the Meile an Rí estate in Lucan overnight on Tuesday.”

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/man-seriously-assaulted-by-four-teenagers-while-walking-home-from-work-37699548.html

NOT LUCAN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I live in Limerick between 10 and 15 years ago and am currently living in Lucan. This nonexistant trouble seems to keep following me. Or maybe I'm causing this nonexistant trouble?

I believe some of the ducks in the river in the village are from Limerick too.
    Rough lookin' bastard's

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

I believe some of the ducks in the river in the village are from Limerick too.
    Rough lookin' bastard's

Darwin - fordeners would have had them ate if they looked tastier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

The murder was not in Lucan and wasn't by anyone from Lucan.

Lived in Lucan over 10 years and never a issue.

Over 50,000 people your bound to hear a few stories.

I have a personal connection to the property. It is Lucan. Always was always will be.

I'm always amazed at people who recently moved into Lucan arbitrarily deciding what is and isn't Lucan and talking about "old Lucan". My family have roots in Lucan going back several hundred years. Coldblow is Lucan and Lucan stretches much further than that to Allenswood. Balgaddy, with the exception of Foxdene, was always Lucan. Adamstown was always Lucan. Check out some historical maps.

1. Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Read about that on the paper today. Shocking. I always thought Lucan had a decent enough reputation. Obviously it's gone downhill very quickly over the last few years

2. Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You must have picked up a fair few stab wounds in that time. I understand most people in Limerick have been stabbed to death at least once. Lucan can't be far off at this stage.

A lot of that is friendly stabbin though. Outsiders not used to it tend to take it more seriously than is intended.

3. Advertisement
    4. Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Looks like Lucan is the new Coolock. Anything bad happening within about 4 kms will be described as being in Lucan. Anything good is probably Leixlip.

5. Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I was in Limerick for a few days and I wasn't stabbed once. Is it me? Is it some signal I'm giving off? I can take it.

6. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

When they started to run out of forever homes in Ballyfermot, Neilstown, Clondalkin etc they shoved them out to Lucan. Add a bit of Diversity to the mix and you have a sinkhole.

Well plenty of "Lucan people" were housed in Neilstown originally, my family included. They have extended family in Lucan going back generations and yes, some of the next generation are now being housed in Lucan again since it has been built up. Many of those causing trouble now have long term connection to Lucan.

7. Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

1874 wrote: »
      The thing is, I consider the primary schools to be great in the Lucan area, 3 educate togethers in that area,
      ???

Educate Together are the worst schools. Look at the school rankings lists. A circus is how they have been described, they call the teachers by their first name!

8. Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

GAA Beo wrote: »
      ???

Educate Together are the worst schools. Look at the school rankings lists. A circus is how they have been described, they call the teachers by their first name!

Jesus that's horrific! What's the world coming to I wonder?

9. Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

???

The kids we used to get into our second level school from Educate Together were always fantastic kids, with parents seriously interested and involved in their education, which put them way ahead of the others.

10. Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

Jesus that's horrific! What's the world coming to I wonder?
      Doesn't really help the situation it sounds pathetic. "Steve I didn't do my geography homework!". I'm not surprised there is a bunch of feral ill disciplined children roaming around.

11. Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

spurious wrote: »
      The kids we used to get into our second level school from Educate Together were always fantastic kids, with parents seriously interested and involved in their education, which put them way ahead of the others.
      I've heard different from other teachers, that they were behind on most of the stuff. But maybe it depends on the individual school.

12. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

20 years ago lucan was a sleepy place. In the last 5 or 6 years it has turned into a cesspit of crime,due in part to its distance from any meaningful amenities and also it has continued to grow hugely,merging with areas that have always been dumps.

13. Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I have a personal connection to the property. It is Lucan. Always was always will be.

I'm always amazed at people who recently moved into Lucan arbitrarily deciding what is and isn't Lucan and talking about "old Lucan". My family have roots in Lucan going back several hundred years. Coldblow is Lucan and Lucan stretches much further than that to Allenswood. Balgaddy, with the exception of Foxdene, was always Lucan. Adamstown was always Lucan. Check out some historical maps.

Balgaddy may have a Lucan postcode, however like its surrounding areas is very much Clondalkin.

14. Advertisement
    15. Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Look up Balgaddy as Gaeilge. Baile an Gadai Town of the robbers. lol.

16. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

begbysback wrote: »
      Balgaddy may have a Lucan postcode, however like its surrounding areas is very much Clondalkin.

According to who?? The Bush of Balgaddy was the traditional boundary. It stood where the old Goodwin's shop was - now site of the application for the new mosque. Just opposite the FAI building. Look it up.

17. Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Me personally? I dont even go to the local saloon unless i have my six shooters

18. Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭Odhinn

19. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

I've heard different from other teachers, that they were behind on most of the stuff. But maybe it depends on the individual school.

They should stop trying to eat their school books and read them instead. They'll only end up selling drugs or being murdered.

20. Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

In the last 5 or 6 years it has turned into a cesspit of crime,due in part to its distance from any meaningful amenities and also it has continued to grow hugely,merging with areas that have always been dumps.

There's a huge racial mix in Lucan, lots of Africans especially around Griffeen Avenue on the Ronanstown side where the gang of 50 attacked the teens recently. I used to see African kids/teens shadow boxing as they walked to school. Tonnes of taxi drivers live there as it has easy access to the city centre.
      But there's a high percentage of rented housing and social housing there too, where the occupants will never be as community focused as those who own houses there.

Glad I sold up a few years ago, I was there for 11 years.
      Didn't want my kids to grow up in that environment.

21. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

rgodard80a wrote: »
      In the last 5 or 6 years it has turned into a cesspit of crime,due in part to its distance from any meaningful amenities and also it has continued to grow hugely,merging with areas that have always been dumps.

There's a huge racial mix in Lucan, lots of Africans especially around Griffeen Avenue on the Ronanstown side where the gang of 50 attacked the teens recently. I used to see African kids/teens shadow boxing as they walked to school. .

African gangs are the big elephant in the room in an increasing number of areas,there seems to operate in much larger numbers than traditional 'youths' and as attacks on portmarnock and malahide have shown,they're getting very organised and brazen.

22. Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

20 years ago lucan was a sleepy place. In the last 5 or 6 years it has turned into a cesspit of crime,due in part to its distance from any meaningful amenities and also it has continued to grow hugely,merging with areas that have always been dumps.

A cesspit of crime ? You are joking.
      What sort of meaningful amenities is it lacking ?

23. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Well large parts of lucan are a good distance from bus routes,its a good distance out from the city centre and is ringed with housing estates flanked by main roads and a motorway..theres nothing in lucan really but houses.

24. Advertisement
    25. Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

"There's no facilities" is a cop-out phrase I've heard since I was a little boy.

Advertisement