Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant Sheep Skinned Alive, hung on barbed wired

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

italodisco wrote: »
    Aaaaaaand the pale faced vegans have landed

And I suppose they are not allowed to have opinions here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was aware of similar happening I my area a few years ago.
    Larger sheep farmers mightn't notice a few sheep missing at times.
    They eventually found guys on their land in the early hours of the morning.
    Gardai said it happened a lot with take away owners going out for meat.

same sex marriage, legalised abortion and now sacrifice of animals

Satan has arisen in Ireland I tells ya. It would never have happened if Archbishop McQuaid were still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

So was this act carried out by a deluded vegan in an effort to highlight meat-eaters' alleged hypocrisy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Ficheall wrote: »
    So was this act carried out by a deluded vegan in an effort to highlight meat-eaters' alleged hypocrisy?

either that or a desperate kebab shop owner apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Ficheall wrote: »

Might have been a meat eater that didn't have enough money for the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I was aware of similar happening I my area a few years ago.
    Larger sheep farmers mightn't notice a few sheep missing at times.
    They eventually found guys on their land in the early hours of the morning.
    Gardai said it happened a lot with take away owners going out for meat.

Gardi said that did they?

Was it the Chinese?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

People can argue about meat versus no meat all the want but to kill any species while pregnant to me is just horrific act. Those people carried out that are savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Sounds like someone was looking for a few free dinners,

Throat cut to bleed it out, then legs cut off at the knees to save on waste at home. Sounds like they were disturbed by something before they finished the job tho.

I doubt it was skinned alive, anything for a headline!! Dead things are easier to skin..

Sounds familiar around here with certain foreign nationals.

kneemos wrote: »
    Gardi said that did they?

Was it the Chinese?

No it wasn't the Chinese.
    Chinese doesn't well sell lamb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Yeah, you can (usually) judge a persons character by the way they treat animals. Probably some kid who has, to but it mildly, severe mental issues. Will most likely never be caught and could well go on to cause some serious harm to someone in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Sounds like a butchering interrupted to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Poor sheep :(
    It doesn't sound too different to the barbarism of Halal. Becoming more commonplace around the world cos of bloody religion :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Poor sheep :(
    It doesn't sound too different to the barbarism of Halal. Becoming more commonplace around the world cos of bloody religion :mad:

Most Halal meat is stunned I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

garv123 wrote: »
    Sounds like someone was looking for a few free dinners,

Throat cut to bleed it out, then legs cut off at the knees to save on waste at home. Sounds like they were disturbed by something before they finished the job tho.

I doubt it was skinned alive, anything for a headline!! Dead things are easier to skin..

Sounds familiar around here with certain foreign nationals.

The headline didn’t say it was skinned alive, the op did.

Edit - actually it did. I do apologise

Keano wrote: »
    People can argue about meat versus no meat all the want but to kill any species while pregnant to me is just horrific act. Those people carried out that are savages.

I saw this thread on the front page last week.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057914201/4/#post108184761

Farmers asking is it ok to slaughter a pregnant cow. Have a look for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Tilikum17 wrote: »

And you'll see the majority are against it.

The farmer I know who caught these lads in the act basically said they had very big machete type knives!

The farmer I know who caught these lads in the act basically said they had very big machete type knives!

It's relatively common, tbh. Especially where the sheep are on a different block of land away from the farmhouse.

And you'll see the majority are against it.

Go back and read through it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

No! It's not..... your losing out on the delicious veal.

But on a serious note hope they do catch for savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

No it wasn't the Chinese.
    Chinese doesn't well sell lamb.

Maybe they realised they're easier to catch than cats 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Welfare questions never have black or white answers - that was asked with the background of running out of feed, so killing 5 animals now would ensure enough feed for the rest of the herd over the winter or leaving it and maybe running running out of feed for the entire herd.
    It just happened that the 5 animals in question were in calf which added another dimension to the question.
    Not a nice position to be in.

It's relatively common, tbh. Especially where the sheep are on a different block of land away from the farmhouse.

Yes, we looked into it at the time especially in mountainey areas. The Gardai said it was really common.

Go back and read through it again.

I did.
    I moderated it.
    I posted in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I don't think so. Halal has to be killed with one swipe of the knife. Stunning the animal means that you can't tell if that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Xcellor wrote:
    it that different to what is done every day in slaughter houses? Throat cut, skinned and hung up?We brand whoever did this sick but and find it disgusting but yet the stuff that happens every day behind closed doors is fine.Cognitive dissonance.
    Correct.
    Your Face wrote: »
    It's different.
    They re stunned before have their throats cut.
    It's done by a professional in an efficient manner.

You have to just love the way some vegans apparently encourage people to kill with their bare hands as above 'because it's the same' :rolleyes:

And have serious concerns with people who think like this tbh.

More cognitive vegan bs more like ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I didn't know that so did my research there. Thankfully most halal meat is stunned, around 80% or more. Unstunned Halal meat is banned in a few European countries but not Ireland (surprise surprise).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

We kill baby cows, baby sheep and if you like eggs more than likely it supports this process. Grinding up live chicks.

WARNING: Not for the squeamish https://i.imgur.com/MzMo4JA.gif

There is no humane way to kill something that doesn't want to die. There is no humane reason to kill something that doesn't need to die.

The chicks above aren't even used in food. Their were born male and can't be profitably exploited.

As sick as the OPs article is, it's sicker to me that society at large condones abusive/exploitative murder of other non-human animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Xcellor wrote: »
    We kill baby cows, baby sheep and if you like eggs more than likely it supports this process. Grinding up live chicks.

<snip>

There is no humane way to kill something that doesn't want to die. There is no humane reason to kill something that doesn't need to die.

The chicks above aren't even used in food. Their were born male and can't be profitably exploited.

As sick as the OPs article is, it's sicker to me that society at large condones abusive/exploitative murder of other non-human animals.

I'd eat that.... den again I just love meat:D

Advertisement