Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tips

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Save money on presents for children under the age of 3 by simply wrapping empty cardboard boxes in Christmas paper. They usually don't give a shíte about the present inside anyway and spend all their time either sticking their head in or climbing into the box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Plan for that visiting child who simply cannot behave themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

DO NOT give your dog Xmas pudding.

My dad does it every fookin year so on St stephens day it sh*ts like a shotgun.

Raisins are poisonous to dogs. Puddings are usually full of raisins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Postman comes whether I pay him or not. Should I forget to pay the bin that shíts just left there.

Not at all. Binman never gets a tip here and he still empties the bins as required.

Postie gets a tip though, as he goes above and beyond many times during the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

In visiting your father's/ brother's/ sister's house this Christmas........

.....don't overstay your welcome.

• Advertisement

For the health and safety of everyone in the house, under no circumstances should anyone be allowed take out the Monopoly board.

Anyone who attempts to pass salad off as a meal should be taken out the back and shot. It's Christmas, tubs of Roses are meals, entire trifles are meals, half the flesh of a giant turkey between two slabs of bread is a meal, a whole box of those white Fererro Rocher is a meal.

Salad is a January meal, get away from me with your healthy stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Candie wrote: »
    For the health and safety of everyone in the house, under no circumstances should anyone be allowed take out the Monopoly board.
    The whole point of Monopoly was to show how just unfair "the landlord game" is.

It does it's job very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Here's some tips you won't be able to do without.

1. Eat one mince pie instead of two - You fúcking genius!

Advertisement