Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tips

Options
  • 05-12-2016 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭

Today it's Dr Ciara Kelly with no less than '14 tips to get through the holidays unscathed'. Last week it was Amy Huberman's guide to Christmas. 7 pearls of wisdom that included such nuggets as 'Newbridge Silverware is incredibly generous to work with and over the past few years I have enough decorations to rival their Christmas showroom! It makes me look incredibly organised as everything matches and looks beautiful'.

Not forgetting of course to mention the 10 ways to enjoy a stress-free Christmas from a few weeks back.

So there are just 31 top tips to ensure that you and yours have a sooper dooper Christmas or holiday season of whatever the hell it's called nowadays. Ignore them at your peril.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Give me back the ten seconds it took me to read that

It's like learning braile on a turd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

...and a partridge in a pear tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't do Christmas, you'll save a fortune on christmas presents, you'll be safer not having numerous fire hazards scattered throughout your house, and you won't be contributing to rampant globalised consumerism where we consume natural resources and turn them into things nobody actually wants. Christmas is quickly becoming the very worst of humanity wrapped up in pseudo sentimentality.

Let's make humbug a positive word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I tip the postman and the binman, everybody else can go hump themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I thought this was actually going to be a thread with Christmas tips. ......please don't hate me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Christmas Tips

Don't tie your shoelace in a Revolving Door

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭sjb25

, everybody else can go hump themselves.

Great time of year The Christmas spirit is great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I tip the postman and the binman, everybody else can go hump themselves.

The bin man can whistle for a tip. He gets paid weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If you have a new baby and are bottle feeding, drop some glitter in their feed on Christmas eve for a nice Chrismassy poo the following morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Am I supposed to google all those tips to unlock my perfect Christmas? I thought this was going to be a thread laden with tips! I have no tips!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭superglue

Tip #42: See that yellow snow that's been mysteriously gathering out front? Don't let it go to waste. Simply add some gin, black pepper, and a few sprigs of mint for a festive zinger that will have all the neighbours clambering for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Tip 137: When attending your Wife's Christmas party on the other side of the country. Leave Your Shoes On!

You never know when highly skilled criminals posing as terrorists will infiltrate the building whom you will have to take out one by one while leaving witty one-liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

keano_afc wrote: »
    If you have a new baby and are bottle feeding, drop some glitter in their feed on Christmas eve for a nice Chrismassy poo the following morning.

My baby is so deadly she sh1ts glitter anyway.
    And her farts are made from rainbows <3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Pherekydes one-point guide to a better Xmas:

Go to bed and set your alarm for January 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

My poor mum is in hospital with serious illness this last week. She will be there for another 6 weeks or so they tell us.

So Christmas Day will be spent in the hospital with her for most of the day. We will be all together for a while, and then do different shifts. I'm not putting up any decos or tree, can't be bothered now, she won't be here anyway.

So it will be stress free, but stress FULL, in a different way, if you get me!

So all these fekkin gurus can take a hike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The bin man can whistle for a tip. He gets paid weekly.

:eek: When did they stop paying postmen????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Don't buy a real tree too soon in the lead up to Christmas, otherwise it will be wilting & on the way out (shedding pine needles all over your floor) before Christmas has even started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

My poor mum is in hospital with serious illness this last week. She will be there for another 6 weeks or so they tell us.

So Christmas Day will be spent in the hospital with her for most of the day. We will be all together for a while, and then do different shifts. I'm not putting up any decos or tree, can't be bothered now, she won't be here anyway.

Sorry to hear that. My own gran spent Christmas in hospital once and we spent a good portion of the day with her. Hope your mum gets well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

My cousins wife has ****ed off back to Portugal taking three kids with her after starting an unholy row with aunt , uncle , various relatives and neighbours.
    She also announced she will be back in early January .

Apparently she's done this before to avoid Christmas.

My cousin who you think is devastated is on cloud nine.Drunk as a lord over the weekend and to quote him "I'll probably fly out and see the mad **** over the Christmas. '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Remember to pub / restaurant / fast food outlets where you are given decent quality service on social media. Seriously.

Without this, why should such establishment be like the rest of their more unscrupulous rivals in this busy season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

:eek: When did they stop paying postmen????

Postman comes whether I pay him or not. Should I forget to pay the bin that shíts just left there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

My cousins wife has ****ed off back to Portugal taking three kids with her after starting an unholy row with aunt , uncle , various relatives and neighbours.
    She also announced she will be back in early January .

Apparently she's done this before to avoid Christmas.

My cousin who you think is devastated is on cloud nine.Drunk as a lord over the weekend and to quote him "I'll probably fly out and see the mad **** over the Christmas. '

Getting into the true spirits of Christmas...whiskey, gin and vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

If you have kids, get them to post their Santa list early.

Changing their minds in mid December does Santa's skull in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Show a little sensitivity to people with mental health problems when buying them a Christmas Hamper by not including any crackers, nuts or fruit cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Make sure your girlfriend is called Holly or Carol. Chances are she'll have been born around Christmas so the one present will cover the birthday as well as Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Christmas tip? Sure..... GET OUT!

Getting on a plane to SE Asia on Thursday and not returning to Ireland until Jan 8th.

I get to avoid the whole thing, it's great (been doing this for 5 years).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If it's any consolation... few years back I was in hospital for 4 months, which included Christmas / New Years.

It was the best Christmas Day I remember having. OK so I couldn't feel my legs, but for the first time in years all of my family sat in the same room, I got loads of food and I got legless (no pun intended) drunk (p1ssing into the bottle was great craic)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Christmas Office Partygoers.....impress your colleagues when photocopying your genitals by setting the machine to enlarge by 300%. This works for men only as the results are less impressive for women.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Pherekydes one-point guide to a better Xmas:

Go to bed and set your alarm for January 6th.
    Wow, that's an epiphany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Do bin men still come knocking on the door with their hand out in December?

Advertisement