Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Do bin men still come knocking on the door with their hand out in December?

If they tried that with me they'd be getting a dirty nappy handed to them for being so cheeky.

And I don't have kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

The bin man can whistle for a tip. He gets paid weekly.

Very weakly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Christmas tip? Sure..... GET OUT!

Getting on a plane to SE Asia on Thursday and not returning to Ireland until Jan 8th.

I get to avoid the whole thing, it's great (been doing this for 5 years).

I floated this idea for the last three years, but she's said no

next year i'm just booking the tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Are you going to bring her?

gramar wrote: »
    Are you going to bring her?

maybe

a seat for my ereader would be handy

• Advertisement

maybe

a seat for my ereader would be handy

I could hold it for you.

gramar wrote: »
    I could hold it for you.

the ereader or herself?

the ereader or herself?

The ereader, I wouldn't refer to your lady partner as 'it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'll bring in some holly and mistletoe, light a few candles, make a more elaborate than usual dinner and celebrate the end of the dark part of the year. Like a winter solstice celebration, only a few days after the solstice.I can't be doing with the high pressure commercialized affair that is Christmas celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

My OH wasn't keen on spending 'another' Christmas abroad. I sweetened the deal by buying Business Class... suddenly eating Christmas Dinner on a beach in Thailand doesn't seem so bad to her

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    My OH wasn't keen on spending 'another' Christmas abroad. I sweetened the deal by buying Business Class... suddenly eating Christmas Dinner on a beach in Thailand doesn't seem so bad to her

damn you

eating dinner anywhere in thailand is good

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Knock back a bottle of whiskey for each hour the turkey is in the oven. By the time the turkey is burned to a crisp resembling the Mother Alien, you just won't give a sh*t.

Merry Christmas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

buy spare batteries - particularly the AA AAA and 9v variety ror these kids toys so there are no floods of tears when the batteries die on Christmas day evening at 4.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    buy spare batteries - particularly the AA AAA and 9v variety ror these kids toys so there are no floods of tears when the batteries die on Christmas day evening at 4.30pm.

About 4 years ago the missus splashed out 200 odd quid on rechargeable batteries and a charger, I thought she was mad (she is by the way) - but this one act stands alone as a glimmer of genius in a sea of insanity.
    Best buy ever:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Encourage your children to be naughty on the run up to Christmas, then save a fortune by not getting them any presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

kfallon wrote: »
    Show a little sensitivity to people with mental health problems when buying them a Christmas Hamper by not including any crackers, nuts or fruit cake.

Having a recovering addict around for dinner on Stephens Day? Avoid an awkward silence by not offering them cold turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

We have the inlaws coming over for 4 ****in days, whoopde****indoo.

My poor dog will be walked more than he ever has been beforr

Common Sense: December 25th & 26th are Bank Holidays.

Also, if shopping on St. Stephen's day as an antidote for the fukking boredom remember shop staff may have a 'Bank Holiday' attitude towards all 'footfall' in the store: be prepared, and personally don't pay it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Common Sense: December 25th & 26th are Bank Holidays.

Also, if shopping on St. Stephen's day as an antidote for the fukking boredom remember shop staff may have a 'Bank Holiday' attitude towards all 'footfall' in the store: be prepared, and personally don't pay it back.

I would rather have my scrotum nailed to a table than go shopping on Stephen's Day. You've just had a whole month of shopping, why would you go again? :confused:

Either a day with the family or a day down the pub is what it's all about for me!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Do your shopping before Christmas, or better yet, before December. Stay out of Dublin.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    I would rather have my scrotum nailed to a table than go shopping on Stephen's Day. You've just had a whole month of shopping, why would you go again? :confused:

Either a day with the family or a day down the pub is what it's all about for me!
    It IS very hard to find an open Pub on St Stephens day where I live.
    Also, they tend to be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It IS very hard to find an open Pub on St Stephens day where I live.
    Also, they tend to be busy.

Ah jaysus :(

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    Encourage your children to be naughty on the run up to Christmas, then save a fortune by not getting them any presents.
    Get a couple of coal blocks - one for each kid and give them one each instead on Christmas Day. I'll save one for you too, kfallon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

My cousins wife has ****ed off back to Portugal taking three kids with her after starting an unholy row with aunt , uncle , various relatives and neighbours.
    She also announced she will be back in early January .

Apparently she's done this before to avoid Christmas.

My cousin who you think is devastated is on cloud nine.Drunk as a lord over the weekend and to quote him "I'll probably fly out and see the mad **** over the Christmas. '

What a perfect couple.I envy him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Fed up with overcooked dried out turkey ?

Fill the turkey with popcorn kernels and put in the oven at 200c (190c for fan
    assisted, gas mark 3)

When it explodes the pieces will be tender and moist.

*******Don't forget the grey / brown / green bins and collection times********

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Reassure friends and family, concerned at your spiraling alcoholism, that you're simply doing the '12 pubs' anytime you bump into them while inebriated.

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    Reassure friends and family, concerned at your spiraling alcoholism, that you're simply doing the '12 pubs' anytime you bump into them while inebriated.
    Prepare a list of 12 public houses, the nearer the better. Name, shame..........and BLAME:D:D:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

DO NOT give your dog Xmas pudding.

My dad does it every fookin year so on St stephens day it sh*ts like a shotgun.

• Advertisement

DO NOT give your dog Xmas pudding.

My dad does it every fookin year so on St stephens day it sh*ts like a shotgun.

And don't feed Fido chocolate designed for kids or auntie either.

Advertisement