Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Johner wrote: »
    Its All Guesswork looked to be the one to take out of that Pertemps qualifier today.

Big time. Still doesnt beat Gordon's other lad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

akelly02 wrote: »
    you will be laying him on the day so?

Yes have been laying him for the last few weeks and will continue to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Cheltenham Certainties in my eyes
    Tiger roll - cross country @ 5/4
    Benie Des deaux - mares hurdle @ 15/8
    Altior - champ chase @ 2/5
    Sir Erec - triumph @ 6/4

Double on apples jade and paisley park not to win lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

So apparently some considered Tin Soldier a good shot at the Pertemps; does todays result not allow the horse to qualify as there are no other qualifier races left in Ireland?

So apparently some considered Tin Soldier a good shot at the Pertemps; does todays result not allow the horse to qualify as there are no other qualifier races left in Ireland?

Didnt qualify, cant run. Simple as.

Horse drifted like a barge and was never put in the race, so qualifying was never the intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Cheltenham Certainties in my eyes
    Tiger roll - cross country @ 5/4
    Benie Des deaux - mares hurdle @ 15/8
    Altior - champ chase @ 2/5
    Sir Erec - triumph @ 6/4

Double on apples jade and paisley park not to win lol.
    PP special 16/1 the above 4 horse accum i see.
    *Prices above pay better i see!

My mug acca is:
    Ok Corral
    BDD
    Altior
    Tiger Roll

My treble im happy with is:
    PP
    Sir Erec (11/4)
    Apples Jade

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Laurina is such a clumsy jumper, reminds me of Faugheen. She's probably nearly bigger than him too, massive yoke. Does she have his engine? Don't know. Am I willing to pay to find out? No.

If Apple's Jade runs to the form she ran to in Leopardstown, she wins. I don't believe she will though. Last year's Mares Hurdle would put me off piling into her. Buveur D'air will probably go off fav and he shouldn't when AJ is the most likely winner imo.

Sharjah has been on the go a very long time and wants the ground like a road.

Melon is 20/1 with unibet. Crazy price. Will go off half that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Benie Des deaux will need to improve from last years run to win this years Mares Hurdle

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Benie Des deaux will need to improve from last years run to win this years Mares Hurdle

I don’t think so but probably will anyway seen as it was her first hurdle run for Mullins, she improved at punchestown anyway when she beat the same cheltenham horses easily.
    Mullins knows how to win this race more than anyone else and this is his banker.
    Laurina and apples jade won’t go here and I wouldn’t worry about the rest.

• Advertisement

I don’t think so but probably will anyway seen as it was her first hurdle run for Mullins, she improved at punchestown anyway when she beat the same cheltenham horses easily.
    Mullins knows how to win this race more than anyone else and this is his banker.
    Laurina and apples jade won’t go here and I wouldn’t worry about the rest.

Liminis run 2 years ago will beat BDD imo. She ran an eye catching race behind Presenting Percy lto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Slattsy wrote: »
    My mug acca is:
    Ok Corral
    BDD
    Altior
    Tiger Roll

PP
    Sir Erec (11/4)
    Apples Jade

Whigh PP you gangster Slattsy 😉

Liminis run 2 years ago will beat BDD imo. She ran an eye catching race behind Presenting Percy lto.

I’m surprised you think that, because on all known form limini loses to apples jade every time and on the form book again benie Des deaux is 2/2 versus apples jade so benie should be able to deal with whatever limini shows up on a line through apples jade.

I do think limini will be involved in the places I just feel she is a bit exposed now and she wouldn’t want a battle, once push comes to shove she tends to go backwards rather than forwards.

I’m surprised you think that, because on all known form limini loses to apples jade every time and on the form book again benie Des deaux is 2/2 versus apples jade so benie should be able to deal with whatever limini shows up on a line through apples jade.

I do think limini will be involved in the places I just feel she is a bit exposed now and she wouldn’t want a battle, once push comes to shove she tends to go backwards rather than forwards.

Apples Jade was nowhere near her best in her runs against BDD. She ran mid 140s in last seasons mares hurdle thats nearly 2 stone below her best.

Thats not to say BDD wont improve on last seasons run. I just couldnt back her at the prices.

Apples Jade was nowhere near her best in her runs against BDD. She ran mid 140s in last seasons mares hurdle thats nearly 2 stone below her best.

Thats not to say BDD wont improve on last seasons run. I just couldnt back her at the prices.

I know where your coming from, I just don’t believe she was so far off her best last season,she has raced against terrible opposition this season.
    1st run she beat jezki and arctic fire, horses in there twilight years.
    2nd run she beat a fat supasundae on seasonal debut and limini haveing first run over hurdles in 21 months.
    3rd run is not worth mentioning as it’s a mixture of horses from runs 1 and 2, faugheen fell without ever getting to challenge.
    4th run she again beats the same animals from previous runs apart from a below par melon.

All her form is suspect this season
    Only thing is her times are excellent but then again the times have been good on them days anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I know where your coming from, I just don’t believe she was so far off her best last season,she has raced against terrible opposition this season.
    1st run she beat jezki and arctic fire, horses in there twilight years.
    2nd run she beat a fat supasundae on seasonal debut and limini haveing first run over hurdles in 21 months.
    3rd run is not worth mentioning as it’s a mixture of horses from runs 1 and 2, faugheen fell without ever getting to challenge.
    4th run she again beats the same animals from previous runs apart from a below par melon.

All her form is suspect this season
    Only thing is her times are excellent but then again the times have been good on them days anyways.

Jaysus there is some contradictions in that post

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Jaysus there is some contradictions in that post

I don’t think so, perhaps I explained myself wrong, I am just saying apples jade hasn’t become a 2 stone better horse from last season.
    It is highly doubtful at her age and amount of runs she is getting better.
    she’s the same horse as last year she just hasn’t had a decent horse run against her yet to prove it.
    So when she does turn up in the champion hurdle she will be found out and the way it’s shaping up (laurina, buvuer D’air, Sharjah,melon, espoir d,Allen, verdana blue, brain power)
    I’m struggling to see her in the places let alone be a banker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

My mug acca is:
    Ok Corral
    BDD
    Altior
    Tiger Roll

PP
    Sir Erec (11/4)
    Apples Jade

PP is a sneaky hedge paisley or presenting:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I just read a story which stated Mullins will have a reduced team of about 40, in comparison to 60. In it he says there has been no rain all winter, is he taking the piss? It has lashed rain for at least the last 3 months. That's an amazing statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Whigh PP you gangster Slattsy 😉

Paisley Percy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I don’t think so, perhaps I explained myself wrong, I am just saying apples jade hasn’t become a 2 stone better horse from last season.
    It is highly doubtful at her age and amount of runs she is getting better.
    she’s the same horse as last year she just hasn’t had a decent horse run against her yet to prove it.
    So when she does turn up in the champion hurdle she will be found out and the way it’s shaping up (laurina, buvuer D’air, Sharjah,melon, espoir d,Allen, verdana blue, brain power)
    I’m struggling to see her in the places let alone be a banker.

Have to agree with this. Her Irish 2m form is very suspect, especially when you consider two of her last three runs over 2m saw her beaten by Rashaan & Irving (would you give them any hope in a champion hurdle?). Now she's almost disputing favouritism. Not for me.

I just read a story which stated Mullins will have a reduced team of about 40, in comparison to 60. In it he says there has been no rain all winter, is he taking the piss? It has lashed rain for at least the last 3 months. That's an amazing statement.

I've not seen this rain! Save for an odd day here and there the weather has been extremely dry.

If there has been so much rain then how come the going at nearly every meeting this season has had a "good" description in it?

The Sunday of the DRF saw a clatter of horses being withdrawn as the ground was too firm.

A local farmer was telling me recently that he had never seen the ground as dry whilst ploughing this time of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

To be fair to Apple's Jade she is not beating her rivals. She is destroying them with ease with a combined total of 73L in just 4 races is astonishing whatever way you want to look at it imo.
    Laurina looks like a chaser in the making(Gold Cup winner in 2 years) a beast of a horse who will be right up there in places at least.
    Then we BDA who seems a different horse when there is pace in the race and will love the proper 2m gallop as usual.
    Also have a few others in behind who could easily be in the shape up at the finish.

Should be race of the festival and I just hope they all show up. Going with BDA to make it 3 in a row, has been beating top class opposition throughout his career and will continue to do so. just love how quick and slick he is jumping his hurdles(except when he took one with him losing to verdana).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

You are the only person in Ireland who got this weather.

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    PP is a sneaky hedge paisley or presenting:)

Never thought of that!

I wouldn't touch Paisley with your money!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

:confused:

I don't thinks it has rained in Dublin all winter. Basically like living in Barbados, with nicer Guinness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

19 sleeps !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

19 sleeps !

Lol, the great thing about Cheltenham, it turns us all into little kids waiting on santa! Can't wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

famagusta wrote: »
    Lol, the great thing about Cheltenham, it turns us all into little kids waiting on santa! Can't wait!!

Stop it the pair of ye I'm getting giddy in my balls here!

Who y'all throwing the matched bet on in the supreme :)
    The star usually do a fiver matched bet on a race a day, this year i fancy it will be the supreme
    Used to be the handicaps but they went away from them last year

Elixier for me at the price

I fancy Fakir to win it, but for a matched bet will take a bit of Da Nutz at double figures

The star usually do a fiver matched bet on a race a day, this year i fancy it will be the supreme

I fancy Fakir to win it, but for a matched bet will take a bit of Da Nutz at double figures

Itchy Feet.

Don’t like a triumph horse in the supreme, klassical dream or aramon depending on who ruby rides, I can’t split them so hope he can.
    Not a strong opinion on the race tho, it’s wide open.

Don’t like a triumph horse in the supreme, klassical dream or aramon depending on who ruby rides, I can’t split them so hope he can.
    Not a strong opinion on the race tho, it’s wide open.

Hard to see why he would get off Klassical Dream

Heard a few of the syndicate were rightly annoyed at him getting off Aramon the last day

Notions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Itchy Feet.

Is Fakir certain to go in the supreme? Was my best bet for the meeting when he was looking like going in the triumph! How will they decide between sir erek and fakir? As in which one to pull from the triumph?
    Have backed elixir a few times this year too he is tough out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

Its hard to believe there are people still questioning Apples Jade. How many horses have won open Grade 1's from 2m - 3m? Also a Grade 1 every year from 4 to now 7.
    She is only 7 yes. Actually 1 year younger than Benie Des Dieux.
    It is quite possible that she has improved from last year to this year. Not added to the fact you would hardly need to have a degree in Equine Science to establish that that was not her true running in the spring last year.

I get it Laurina has this sexy profile. But Apples Jade is just plain exceptional and on everything we know for sure she is a better horse than Laurina right now. Cheltenham might tell us differently but it would take a brave man to pay the current market price to find out imo.

PhuckHugh2 wrote: »
    Its hard to believe there are people still questioning Apples Jade. How many horses have won open Grade 1's from 2m - 3m? Also a Grade 1 every year from 4 to now 7.
    It is quite possible that she has improved from last year to this year. Not added to the fact you would hardly need to have a degree in Equine Science to establish that that was not her true running in the spring last year.

I get it Laurina has this sexy profile. But Apples Jade is just plain exceptional and on everything we know for sure she is a better horse than Laurina right now. Cheltenham might tell us differently but it would take a brave man to pay the current market price to find out imo.

Agree
    I cant decide between what way they will place
    1. Apples
    2. Laurina

or
    1.Laurina
    2. Apples

I love how the brits get so offended when anyone DARES suggesst BD wont win the CH..they take it very personally :)

pugw wrote: »
    Is Fakir certain to go in the supreme? Was my best bet for the meeting when he was looking like going in the triumph! How will they decide between sir erek and fakir? As in which one to pull from the triumph?
    Have backed elixir a few times this year too he is tough out!

Joseph today said he would have no problem with both in the triumph but he imagines JP will want to split them so you will see Fekir in the Supreme

Similar to Le Rich and Defil really

Aramon and Klassical Dream will be kept apart imo. Nothing in the Ballymore with Tornado Flyer, Blackbow and Carefully Selected not running. Will be Aramon in the Supreme. Horse should have beaten KD the last day, threw it away. Didn’t like him lugging in on top of KD. Don’t really fancy either of them.

Fakir only beaten another 4yo of Joseph’s that went off 25/1. Not for me.

The one horse in the Supreme with the potential to be a future superstar is Angels Breath imo. We’ll see what happens on Saturday.

Itchy Feet has form with E De Nutz and G Sancy and he has Cheltenham form and he’s 25s. The best bet imo.

• Advertisement

I've just backed Real Steel for the JLT. 20s with Boyles.

I think he'll win well today at Thurles and shorten massively for Cheltenham. JLT definitely his target. In a race that looks like it'll cut up big time, I think he goes off 5/1 at Cheltenham! (once he wins by half the track today)

Backed to win! But I'm greedy. I'd recommend each way lol

I think he'll win well today at Thurles and shorten massively for Cheltenham. JLT definitely his target. In a race that looks like it'll cut up big time, I think he goes off 5/1 at Cheltenham! (once he wins by half the track today)

Defil say hi ;)

Aramon and Klassical Dream will be kept apart imo. Nothing in the Ballymore with Tornado Flyer, Blackbow and Carefully Selected not running. Will be Aramon in the Supreme. Horse should have beaten KD the last day, threw it away. Didn’t like him lugging in on top of KD. Don’t really fancy either of them.

Fakir only beaten another 4yo of Joseph’s that went off 25/1. Not for me.

The one horse in the Supreme with the potential to be a future superstar is Angels Breath imo. We’ll see what happens on Saturday.

Itchy Feet has form with E De Nutz and G Sancy and he has Cheltenham form and he’s 25s. The best bet imo.

Couldn't see them beating Battleoverdoyen or champ Wickla

Defil say hi ;)

Can't have him! I don't lay horses, but if I did...
    I'd probably be broke.

Couldn't see them beating Battleoverdoyen or champ Wickla

Who now? Aramon and Klassical Dream? I wouldn’t fancy either. I don’t fancy Battleoverdoyen at all either. Horse is absolutely huge and still very green. Don’t think he’s suited to a Ballymore after just two runs over hurdles. Don’t think many trainers would bring him to Cheltenham this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

5/4 last night was a bit of a mad price! Woulda been a tight finish with P Blue in Leop and last time was slick. Looks a great price at 20s.

Jezki got his entry in the county hurdle anyways!

We should all chuck a fiver on him ew for the craic!!!

Three weeks to Cheltenham, this is when it starts to take over my life and I get nothing else done ffs

PhuckHugh2 wrote: »

Why wasn’t it her true running last spring, because she didn’t win?
    People fail to recognize that she is beating the same horses.
    Last 5 grade 1s that she’s won the same names pop up in behind.
    Supasundae, bapaume, jezki, Augusta kate, limini.
    All good horses but not top notchers like she will be up against in champion hurdle.

• Advertisement

5/4 last night was a bit of a mad price! Woulda been a tight finish with P Blue in Leop and last time was slick. Looks a great price at 20s.

I like PB for the Arkle, so I think and hope all this form works out well for me.

Advertisement