Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ruffmut

I have a parcel from amazon stuck in the sorting office in Dublin since last Saturday. I had ordered this on the 3rd Nov. Strangely another parcel which I ordered last Friday from amazon was delivered yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

D13exile wrote: »
    Half of my Amazon order turned up yesterday in a soggy cardboard box when I took it from the postman. I checked An Post's tracking site and it still wasn't listed even though I had it in my hands at that point. As for the remaining part of the order, Amazon said if it doesn't turn up today, I can seek a refund.

Things are only going to get worse with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the xmas rush all coming up. Why can't An Post take on even more seasonal workers than they already do to cope with this as I'm sure there are many people pushed out of jobs by Covid closures who would welcome a job.

so did ur parcel not ever show up on the an post tracking?!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Gally79 wrote: »
    That's exactly what I am doing, i'd rather pay extra for piece of mind.

Well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Hello,

This is a first time for me: sending a parcel with AnPost, I selected the "2-day shipping option" for a small box (500g, 20cm x 20cm x 10cm), paid 16 euro.
    Tagged the box and dropped it off on Tuesday morning at the local Post Office.

17 November 2020 09:05
    Your post was accepted in HARTSTOWN, DUBLIN 15

17 November 2020 22:08
    We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

18 November 2020 00:28
    Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

It's now 1:50pm on Nov 19th, and the parcel has not moved yet.
    Was I a fool to expect 2-day shipping to take only 2 days? I surely didn't expect it to mean "spend 2 days in Dublin 12".

Anyone else has experience with sending parcels with AnPost? Better than this?
    Cheers!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Almost Every recent post in the courier forum is about delays, and AnPost are probably the worst at the moment. Under normal circumstances it would be 2 days, but they are snowed under. They are doing Saturday and even Sunday deliveries in some places to clear the backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

so did ur parcel not ever show up on the an post tracking?!!!!!

Nope. I got half my order yesterday but still not showing up on the An Post site as being delivered, or even received by them from amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

I have a package still at "Processing completed at origin" in Frankfurt. (DHL/Deutsche Post). It has been sitting there since the 12th. Thankfully it isn't anything urgent but it's yet another warning to anybody thinking of buying online for Christmas.

Nope. I got half my order yesterday but still not showing up on the An Post site as being delivered, or even received by them from amazon

unreal, so they must be under so much pressure thay parcels are not even being scanned, no wonder people have parcels going all over the country!! well theres hope yet for me, maybe mine will just arrive, im not even bothered to look at the track and trace anymore its 2 annoying!
    xmas will be bonkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

Christmas is going to be mental, whether you choose to go into an actual shop or go online :(

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

unreal, so they must be under so much pressure thay parcels are not even being scanned, no wonder people have parcels going all over the country!! well theres hope yet for me, maybe mine will just arrive, im not even bothered to look at the track and trace anymore its 2 annoying!
    xmas will be bonkers!

I live in Clane, County Kildare but a package for me was sent to County Clare last month, as in Clane/Clare (even though I had my correct Eircode on it)? Someone in An Post is dyslexic methinks!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gardesana Pecher

A parcel of mine has left dublin airport on the 8th,after taking 2 days from the US. No update on it since. Even book depository items are 5 days overdue. Not a fault on their part, they are always swift dispatching.

The lobby of my apartment block is normally like a sorting office, but there has been no parcels lying about for a week now which is very strange.
    There must be serious backlogs in delivery companies, and that's before the hordes of ps5's over the horizon.

I live in Clane, County Kildare but a package for me was sent to County Clare last month, as in Clane/Clare (even though I had my correct Eircode on it)? Someone in An Post is dyslexic methinks!!:D

my local post office tld me uk are 10 days behind with parcels, and that Ireland are 3 days behind ! my last tracking says left uk on 10th Nov, Royal Mail say the parcel has left uk and must be in Ireland pending customs, but surely it wld show something on my tracking by now if it was in ireland, it has to be in a cage in limbo land?!! anyone know how the system works? post office here said it prob hasn’t even come into ireland yet amd that there’s only a few flights a day now as well, its so frustrating waiting and waiting especially when its a birthday present 🀔

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Royal Mail are having problems getting post and parcels out of the UK. When it gets to Ireland An Post are not scanning in until they are good and ready, so at this stage it could be sitting there for days. Contact An Post Customer Service and ask the to check on it.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Royal Mail are having problems getting post and parcels out of the UK. When it gets to Ireland An Post are not scanning in until they are good and ready, so at this stage it could be sitting there for days. Contact An Post Customer Service and ask the to check on it.

thanks!! yes ive been onto webchat and they just repeat the same thing, not on out system yet!! its a waiting game now i guess!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ordered something off Amazon Wednesday (Prime delivery) - going by the tracking number its being delivered by Fastway
    Is this new - I know they used to use Fastway but thought everything had been changed to An Post, or maybe they're fed up with An Post now and gone back to Fastway
    Due for delivery today - would be great if it does arrive today (cheapish item too)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Doesn't excuse them charging for a service they know they cannot deliver on

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

A gift voucher was dispatched from a Brown Thomas in Dublin Friday 13th of November going to Cork City. It still has not arrived in Cork at this stage and tracking has been next to non existent. So it's not about parcels and packages this is literally an envelope. It's an absolute mess the whole anpost system right now and of course nobody taking responsibility and still selling premium next day delivery services.

On another note I'm reminded of why another reason besides cost I have rarely bought from Irish stores online. I've always found them very amateurish from their websites, stock, processing and especially customer care compared to the UK and Europe. Two orders recently the above voucher from Brown Thomas took 5 days to dispatch and another order from DID Electrical store 10 days after ordering had still not arrived from another store for click and collect. Both instances the orders were only dispatched when I contacted them directly. So much talk about supporting Irish businesses but how can you when service is so poor. I have orders sent from Germany and Netherlands, then returned and refunded last week and it took just 7 days from dispatch to return processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

LurkerNo1 wrote: »

On another note I'm reminded of why another reason besides cost I have rarely bought from Irish stores online. I've always found them very amateurish from their websites, stock, processing and especially customer care compared to the UK and Europe. Two orders recently the above voucher from Brown Thomas took 5 days to dispatch and another order from DID Electrical store 10 days after ordering had still not arrived from another store for click and collect. Both instances the orders were only dispatched when I contacted them directly. So much talk about supporting Irish businesses but how can you when service is so poor. I have orders sent from Germany and Netherlands, then returned and refunded last week and it took just 7 days from dispatch to return processed.

Well said ! Service level, presentation, flexibility and professionalism are not up to standard compared to UK or mainland Europe standards.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Doesn't excuse them charging for a service they know they cannot deliver on

Never said it does. I think the whole thing stinks, TBH. Closing depots and laying off workers when they could barely cope with what they had. They should be advising people that all post is going to be delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

interestingly, it appears the tracking updates are delayed as well. I had an item from the UK delivered about 15 minutes ago (in Athlone) and on both the RM and AP tracking sites the latest update is from 23:42 on 18 Nov and says that it has been sorted in the Dublin Mail Centre, Dublin 12.

i’ve had a lot of parcels delivered over the past 2-3 months from UK and EU and they all have been updated pretty much in real-time (eg, you can see when it travelled Dublin to Athlone and you can see when it was scanned onto van for delivery). Might be a once off omission, but could also be that there is just too much post to track effectively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I am not sure if our local postman here in Blackrock is making daily deliveries of letter post. We now seem to be getting a clatter of post on a Tuesday that normally used to come on a Monday. Some are postmarked the previous Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

VG31 wrote: »
    November 10, 2020
    In Transit to Next Facility
    Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
    November 6, 2020, 9:23 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Does anyone know if my parcel has actually left the US from the tracking? I thought should be an update when it departs the US but I haven't bought anything from the US in quite a while so I'm not sure. It's First-Class Package International Service.

Thanks.

Does sound like its still in the US or on route to Ireland.

You should have another notice when it lands in Ireland, thats doenst mean much though as there is massive delays on Irish customs and An Post even if its express delivery.

Ive have heard too that adress pal is much quicker, 10 days from US

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

Well said ! Service level, presentation, flexibility and professionalism are not up to standard compared to UK or mainland Europe standards.

I ordered from a company in Austria on Wednesday. Delivery was €5.90. They dispatched the next day and the the order is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. Since it's UPS that's very likely to be accurate. I ordered on Irish sites at the same time and they haven't been dispatched yet.

LfcIreland wrote: »
    Does sound like its still in the US or on route to Ireland.

You should have another notice when it lands in Ireland, thats doenst mean much though as there is massive delays on Irish customs and An Post even if its express delivery.

Ive have heard too that adress pal is much quicker, 10 days from US

It has actually been delivered now. I looked at the tracking number on An Post and there was nothing before out for delivery. It only took about 2.5 weeks so that's pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

VG31 wrote: »
    I ordered from a company in Austria on Wednesday. Delivery was €5.90. They dispatched the next day and the the order is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. Since it's UPS that's very likely to be accurate. I ordered on Irish sites at the same time and they haven't been dispatched yet.

Funny enough I regularly receive post from Austria, it has never been an issue, letters arrived in less than a week, packages and parcels took a wee bit longer but never more than 7 days and that via standard post.

I am currently waiting for a parcel from Austria which has been posted on the 22nd October 2020, which according to Austrian Post has been forwarded to Ireland on the 24th October, however AnPost has no trace of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

I think I read they are working to rule in Cork? I had a parcel addressed to me with missing street:
    My Name
    House Number House Estate Name
    ***Missing Street***
    Cork
    EIR CODE
    Ireland

I checked the tracking page and saw they are returning to sender, so I got onto the support chat to see if I could intervene:
    Ciara 10:46 - there could be an issue with the address, one moment and I will track this
    Ciara 10:47 - this item is on the way back to the sender due to an incomplete address. we deliver by address and not eircode

A bit surprised I must say - this was a DHL delivery from Germany, handed off to an post...

Funny enough I regularly receive post from Austria, it has never been an issue, letters arrived in less than a week, packages and parcels took a wee bit longer but never more than 7 days and that via standard post.

I am currently waiting for a parcel from Austria which has been posted on the 22nd October 2020, which according to Austrian Post has been forwarded to Ireland on the 24th October, however AnPost has no trace of it yet.

I had a parcel and a letter come with Austrian Post in June/July, Both took around three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭SickBoy

schmoo2k wrote: »
    I think I read they are working to rule in Cork? I had a parcel addressed to me with missing street:

I checked the tracking page and saw they are returning to sender, so I got onto the support chat to see if I could intervene:

"we deliver by address and not eircode"

A bit surprised I must say - this was a DHL delivery from Germany, handed off to an post...

Unbelievable :O

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wilde_37

I ordered a samll item from Amazon on 8th November for delivery by 12th November. No sign of it, other than An Post saying that they sorted it in Dublin on 13th and then in Portlaosie on 18th.

I'm due another item today Friday 20th, and something again next Tuesday 24th. All have been despatched by Amazon with tracking numbers, but none of them are even registering on the An Post site.

So it seems that An Post are running way behind still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I ordered a valuable item from amazon uk on the 12th. It has an An Post tracking number but was never registered in their system. Its since gone missing.

Advertisement