Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Brooks best on the market. Got a pair of Ravennas half price down from €120 on sportshoesuk.com

ASICS don’t even come close, last much longer for running

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

The UK site is showing some Speeds in stock at the moment..

https://www.saucony.com/UK/en_GB/men%27s-endorphin-speed/44573M.html?dwvar_44573M_color=S20597-10&icid=search_suggested_products

I had ordered from them a few weeks ago but then got an email the next day saying sorry they were not in stock but worth a try if they have your size.
    After failing ordering directly I bought from Runnerswarehouse in the US and used AddressPal, took two weeks for delivery but zero duties!

As for the runners, absolutely class, coming from years of various Adios and Bostons it's a big change (felt fairly unstable at first given i've never had anything but low stack heights) but once you get dialed in they're great.

Saucony uk is saying sold out for the Speeds.
    Runningwarehouse USA says it will dispatch in October !!
    I'll just hang on..
    I managed a slow 26.2 miler last week in the Peg 35's...

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Brooks best on the market. Got a pair of Ravennas half price down from €120 on sportshoesuk.com

ASICS don’t even come close, last much longer for running

I wore Ravenna 5 and 7's, they were lovely..Didn't like the 9's, used them as everyday shoes..all of them last for ages !
    I have had 2 pairs of different Asics, didn't enjoy either..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I ordered one of the Indestructible Shoes...

Pure chance from an online ad, but anyone have any luck with them?

I really liked the Merrell shoes I got back in 2018, but they are breaking now after lots of wear.

Quality shoes though.

• Advertisement

I have my eye on a Saucony pair, but they're at £98 now, seeing if they come down in price.

It was a friend that recommended the brand to me recently.

Do you all find them good?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I have my eye on a Saucony pair, but they're at £98 now, seeing if they come down in price.

It was a friend that recommended the brand to me recently.

Do you all find them good?

I have only had the Kinvara 11's..love them..I bought a second pair, hiding in a box..bought them off deporvillage...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Adidas Adizero pro available on startfitness.co.uk. Carbon plate in them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Elverys has the hyperion tempos in stock for 150. Cheaper than some places online

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

fennor72 wrote: »
    Could I ask you, with addresspal you just pay an post 15 euros for a US address, get the runners shipped to the fake address and get free US shipping.
    I was going to buy the endorphin pro but its additional 30 dollars for shipping and probably customs on top of that

Yup, I paid 155 dollars for the Endorphin Speeds, no delivery charge to the New Jersey AddressPal address and then 15 euros for AddressPal. I ordered on the 11th July and delivered on the 24th. Got lucky with no duty but even if I got charged duty would have worked out around the same total price all in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭freddie_

The new range seems to be back on sale in the UK Saucony site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

freddie_ wrote:

Still not convinced they're worth the price.

freddie_ wrote: »

I'm getting a message saying they will notify me when available (probably my size that's unavailable)

4Ad wrote: »
    I'm getting a message saying they will notify me when available (probably my size that's unavailable)

Ordered at last !!
    Got them through forrunnersby runners.com.
    Never heard of that company before, Northern Ireland address..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ordered at last !!
    Got them through forrunnersby runners.com.
    Never heard of that company before, Northern Ireland address..

2.3/5 stars from 63 reviews on Google...

rizzee wrote: »
    2.3/5 stars from 63 reviews on Google...

Yikes...fingers crossed...

I just got an email from them saying back in stock but never actually checked what sizes they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,997 ✭✭✭✭event

event wrote: »
    MIne are landing from Nike tomorrow, got them in the sale for €70

For speed workouts, I have the Saucony fastwich (SP), love them

So have ran a bit in the Nike Milers and I now have an ingrown toenail. Not sure if these have caused it but only thing that has changed for me running wise. I thought the toe box seems a big tight on the top but not to either side. Heading to a podiatrist next week anyway, will see what they reckon for the toe

Yikes...fingers crossed...

Arrived already !! The excitement !!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Arrived already !! The excitement !!

Did you order your normal sizing, I am tempted to get these to replace my Hoka Carbon X. I usually take a size 8 (42.5) in Nike and 8.5 (42.66) in Hoka.

• Advertisement

boydkev wrote: »
    Did you order your normal sizing, I am tempted to get these to replace my Hoka Carbon X. I usually take a size 8 (42.5) in Nike and 8.5 (42.66) in Hoka.

Yeah..to tell the truth I didn't even consider sizing..i always wear a 9 ( in Nikes also) but could possibly of got away with an 8.5..i haven't ran in these yet but feel roomy, which I like..seem to lock down ok also..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Adidas Adizero pro
    I've them in navy, I was given them as a gift. I haven't worn them yet. Lots of mixed reviews on them. It will be interesting to see how they compared to Sacouny Endorphin Speed

What's the best top range fast marathon shoe at the moment?

Vapourfly next % and flyknit 4% are like gold dust, same with Adios pros.

Then there are the Adizero Pros and Hyperion Tempos too, I haven't kept up with Asics /Saucony / NB so don't have a clue.

Switching between 2 pairs of Epic React 2s at the moment for training but I'd really like a race day shoe if anyone has any recommendations to try out. I like the look of the Adizero and decent reviews, I'd prefer to stick with the Nikes above but can't get any of the above in my size (uk11) (I also love their return policy if sizing is wrong). Any other recommendations?

rizzee wrote: »
    What's the best top range fast marathon shoe at the moment?

Vapourfly next % and flyknit 4% are like gold dust, same with Adios pros.

Then there are the Adizero Pros and Hyperion Tempos too, I haven't kept up with Asics /Saucony / NB so don't have a clue.

Switching between 2 pairs of Epic React 2s at the moment for training but I'd really like a race day shoe if anyone has any recommendations to try out. I like the look of the Adizero and decent reviews, I'd prefer to stick with the Nikes above but can't get any of the above in my size (uk11) (I also love their return policy if sizing is wrong). Any other recommendations?

I have both the next% and Saucony Pro and I much prefer the saucony to run in. All reviews when comparing the two place them as very little between them.
    I found the next% fast but not near as comfortable to run in, they don’t feel as stable and I found over a marathon they are a lot harder on your calf muscles, haven’t ran a marathon in the saucony pro yet but over a half distance I love them.
    The adizero are not a direct like for like against the next% or Pro, that’s the Adios Pro which isn’t out yet.
    If you go on YouTube you get reviews comparing all the brands together and all seem to put the next and Saucony very close together but way ahead of the rest.

freddie_ wrote: »
    I have both the next% and Saucony Pro and I much prefer the saucony to run in. All reviews when comparing the two place them as very little between them.
    I found the next% fast but not near as comfortable to run in, they don’t feel as stable and I found over a marathon they are a lot harder on your calf muscles, haven’t ran a marathon in the saucony pro yet but over a half distance I love them.
    The adizero are not a direct like for like against the next% or Pro, that’s the Adios Pro which isn’t out yet.
    If you go on YouTube you get reviews comparing all the brands together and all seem to put the next and Saucony very close together but way ahead of the rest.

Thanks Freddie. I'll check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Picked up a pair of Saucony Endorphin Shift from UK and wore them for the first time today. Really comfortable but also responsive. Tired legs today but comfortable from the getgo

Ended up grabbing a pair of Nike Zoom Fly Flyknits from the Edge Sport Shop, Cork. Waiting on delivery

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Best runners for stability? Want a change form kayano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

Mizuno Waveriders. They’re pretty stiff and should keep your foot stable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,997 ✭✭✭✭event

I am looking to sell my Nike Miler react, Size 9. Only ran 14 miles in them, just not for me

If anyone was looking for a pair

Advertisement