Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Macy Gray playing Cyprus Avenue on 17 June: https://twitter.com/CyprusAveCork/status/1222444458031177728?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lucy Dacus plays Button Factory May 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭fafy

Damn. Same day as the Hella Mega Tour. He's awesome. Very big venue for him though.

Seems to be very well known now though, big crowd at EP for him.
    Might be an option for a Cork - Marquee gig, or Cork Opera House at least

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Tickets have just gone on sale for a Richard Hawley acoustic gig in St Canices Cathedral, Kilkenny on 23rd May..

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

laros wrote: »
    Tickets have just gone on sale for a Richard Hawley acoustic gig in St Canices Cathedral, Kilkenny on 23rd May..

thank you, just got a couple

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im kinda raging that Tom Jones isnt playing in Dublin ha

Tom Jones gigs in Cork and Belfast are sold out, so fingers crossed they add a Iveagh Gardens date :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Really wish Van halen would play here

Seems doubtful with Eddie's health problems

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Really wish Van halen would play here

Seems doubtful with Eddie's health problems

random ……………… :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

DMA's the Academy Friday 8th May tickets on sale on the 7th they are very good saw them up with Noel at Malahide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

A Thursday - boooooo!

I've already taken a heap of holidays to travel to Dublin for gigs this year, not sure I can justify another one.

Wonder what an outdoor gig would be like for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »

I caught a bit at EP in like 2010/11 and thought he was good. V bass heavy.

My main concern at a James Blake gig would be the chatting crowd. Can be an issue anywhere but at his show, it could really ruin some of the slower numbers.

But thems the breaks with any act, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Eod100 wrote: »

Terrible. Same as any other gig of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I caught a bit at EP in like 2010/11 and thought he was good. V bass heavy.

My main concern at a James Blake gig would be the chatting crowd. Can be an issue anywhere but at his show, it could really ruin some of the slower numbers.

But thems the breaks with any act, I guess.

I don't think he will attract that many of those types of people though thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ngunners

I don't think he will attract that many of those types of people though thankfully

Iveagh gardens in the summer might though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ekano

He had a bit of a go at the crowd in the Olympia who were all there to see him.

Im Surprised they didnt put up another date for MCR considering it sold out in under 5 minutes I managed to get a ticket but it seems by the demand there that they could easily have played a bigger venue dont think Aiken took into account that a lot of foreign fans were willimg to come over. RDS would hve been perfect for them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Im Surprised they didnt put up another date for MCR considering it sold out in under 5 minutes I managed to get a ticket but it seems by the demand there that they could easily have played a bigger venue dont think Aiken took into account that a lot of foreign fans were willimg to come over. RDS would hve been perfect for them

The German promoter had said their was only 6 european dates planned, with 3 already gone for Mk

Imagine they’ll be back once an album drops

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The German promoter had said their was only 6 european dates planned, with 3 already gone for Mk

Imagine they’ll be back once an album drops

Is the UK still part of Europe ? Ha

Very surprising but feel they may be talked into adding more dates and possibly 1 more here. The demand is there

Is the UK still part of Europe ? Ha

Very surprising but feel they may be talked into adding more dates and possibly 1 more here. The demand is there
    I know ya have you seen theyve added 3 extra L.A shows and all have sold out the amount of money they are going to make is obscene. I thought it would be harder to get a ticket yesterday than it ended up to be i literally got a ticket as soon as I clicked to find it shame that it wasnt in a bigger venue big opportunity missed there theres a day or two free up in Belsonic as well i think so who knows i thought now tbh theyd do the usual as soon as it went on sale theyd throw up another one "due to phenomenal demand" rubbish thank god theres no dynamic pricing here yet cause theyd go up to the hundered's otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The Nal wrote: »
    Terrible. Same as any other gig of his.

Eh, they said James Blake, not James Blunt...

I know ya have you seen theyve added 3 extra L.A shows and all have sold out the amount of money they are going to make is obscene. I thought it would be harder to get a ticket yesterday than it ended up to be i literally got a ticket as soon as I clicked to find it shame that it wasnt in a bigger venue big opportunity missed there theres a day or two free up in Belsonic as well i think so who knows i thought now tbh theyd do the usual as soon as it went on sale theyd throw up another one "due to phenomenal demand" rubbish thank god theres no dynamic pricing here yet cause theyd go up to the hundered's otherwise

I got pretty lucky too , I fell back asleep and woke up at 10.11 and tried a few times using the app and mobile browser version and got 1 ticket.

Theres a user on the MCR thread who is talking of paying over the odds for one. Madness hope they dont and wait it out as they could be spares going on Toutless etc

I got pretty lucky too , I fell back asleep and woke up at 10.11 and tried a few times using the app and mobile browser version and got 1 ticket.

Theres a user on the MCR thread who is talking of paying over the odds for one. Madness hope they dont and wait it out as they could be spares going on Toutless etc
    I was tempted to buy 2 and sell one to offset the cost only got the one but its just lousy on fans cause this is a one off but yeah theyll come up in twickets theyll be on sale again closer to the dste cause people cant go it always happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I was tempted to buy 2 and sell one to offset the cost only got the one but its just lousy on fans cause this is a one off but yeah theyll come up in twickets theyll be on sale again closer to the dste cause people cant go it always happens.

People that do that are the reason ticket prices are so high and we have a big problem with touts. Hate them

People that do that are the reason ticket prices are so high and we have a big problem with touts. Hate them

'Anyone buying or selling tickets'

anytime they see a big group 'ye selling or buying any tickets'

they always seem to stay quite when the guards are around

'Anyone buying or selling tickets'

anytime they see a big group 'ye selling or buying any tickets'

they always seem to stay quite when the guards are around
    Same group of old middle aged guys outside every gig in the 3arena and the Olympia they annoy the **** out of ya and follow you around if your on your own. The gardai are fully aware of um but it would take up too much time dealing with them and the three should have secutity dealing with them anyway you must have a sad life sitting outside venues begging for tickets to flip on in fairness. Actual companies like Stubhub and viagogo just use bots and automated systems to buy the tickets for them thats ticketmasters problem and the fact that they are working with these companies and they use **** software and code/practices that make the site exploitable to it. Its a ****ty practice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Same group of old middle aged guys outside every gig in the 3arena and the Olympia they annoy the **** out of ya and follow you around if your on your own. The gardai are fully aware of um but it would take up too much time dealing with them and the three should have secutity dealing with them anyway you must have a sad life sitting outside venues begging for tickets to flip on in fairness. Actual companies like Stubhub and viagogo just use bots and automated systems to buy the tickets for them thats ticketmasters problem and the fact that they are working with these companies and they use **** software and code/practices that make the site exploitable to it. Its a ****ty practice

It's pretty rich of you to be saying this when you said above that you were tempted to buy two and sell one of them above cost price to offset the cost.

• Advertisement

OhHiMark wrote: »
    It's pretty rich of you to be saying this when you said above that you were tempted to buy two and sell one of them above cost price to offset the cost.
    Yeah but I didnt only bought the one. Of course the temptation was there they go for loads but its not right considering its been 9 years im just saying thats what some people do doesnt mean I did it like. I was only making a point of how automated systems buy the majority of tickets and how Ticketmaster dont upgrade/patch their systems to prevent it cause they work with these companies

Advertisement