Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-02-2020, 08:48   #106
JohnnyChimpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minime2.5 View Post
I saw the following in waterford which would suit me as a sole buyer.

https://touch.daft.ie/new-home-for-s...erford/1393198

Im just wondering how in total after the 16500k deposit id need for solicitor fees and furnature
Stamp Duty will be 1,650. Solicitors Fees somewhere between 2-3k incl. various fees. Survey+valuation will be 5-600. So a little over 5k there.

I don't think you can honestly expect people to tell you how much you're going to pay for furniture...
Advertisement
14-02-2020, 11:48   #107
Cuddlesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo View Post
I don't think you can honestly expect people to tell you how much you're going to pay for furniture...
If you have free access to a van and some time, you can kit out a house for the cost of the fuel usually.
14-02-2020, 22:19   #108
beggars_bush

Offer accepted
Thanks from:
14-02-2020, 22:26   #109
road_high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minime2.5 View Post
I saw the following in waterford which would suit me as a sole buyer.

https://touch.daft.ie/new-home-for-s...erford/1393198

Im just wondering how in total after the 16500k deposit id need for solicitor fees and furnature
Property in Waterford is great value. If you were Dublin based and could work from home with some office days it’s an ideal relocation spot for people caught in the Dublin rental trap
15-02-2020, 14:13   #110
beggars_bush

Has anyone every gone sale agreed on a house and then the vendor had removed the furniture and other fittings and not included them as part of the sale?
Advertisement
15-02-2020, 14:16   #111
ZX7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by beggars_bush View Post
Has anyone every gone sale agreed on a house and then the vendor had removed the furniture and other fittings and not included them as part of the sale?
It should have been specified if the house was for sale as fully furnished.
15-02-2020, 14:30   #112
Wildly Boaring

Quote:
Yeah
We sold our house last year
We took all the furniture with us to the new house.
It's our furniture.
Took most curtains, lampshades, white goods etc.
15-02-2020, 18:50   #113
beggars_bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX7R View Post
It should have been specified if the house was for sale as fully furnished.
It was
Twice by the estate agents
15-02-2020, 18:58   #114
ZX7R

Quote:
It was
Twice by the estate agents
Inform your solicitor, you may get some money off the price,
But it might not be worth the hassle.
Advertisement
15-02-2020, 19:00   #115
TheSheriff

Few viewings today around Dublin, fairly quiet - probably due to the storm.
15-02-2020, 19:07   #116
TinyChancer

My parents are selling my grandmother's house in a prime area close to UCC and town. My mom wanted to try and hang onto it after she passed away, for sentimental reasons, and so my dad maintained it and rented it out to students for about a decade (he was an amazing landlord, he really went above and beyond). He described it as like having a part-time job that didn't actually cover the overheads when you consider the amount of tax owing on a second property.

One time the tenants called him at 7am on Sunday to change a lightbulb.

They have reached sale agreed, but the buyer is now refusing to pay the price they settled on. They presume he's holding out for them to get desperate and go lower, but they aren't under any pressure, so they're not going to go lower. I'd imagine many people meet at this impasse in this climate. I kind of said 'would you not just do it, you're not stuck for the money' but I can see why they'd stick to their guns too.
15-02-2020, 20:38   #117
Woshy

We’ve gone sale agreed on the property discussed above! We’re pleased that in the end the sellers were willing to negotiate even though at first they said they wouldn’t.

We went back to view it again as it had been a while since we originally viewed it. We’re really glad now that we did offer the extra to go sale agreed because we really like the house. Apparently they want a quick sale so fingers crossed it all goes well and doesn’t fall through!
15-02-2020, 20:57   #118
beggars_bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX7R View Post
Inform your solicitor, you may get some money off the price,
But it might not be worth the hassle.
You may well be right.
Thanks from:
16-02-2020, 08:07   #119
Bullocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyChancer View Post
My parents are selling my grandmother's house in a prime area close to UCC and town. My mom wanted to try and hang onto it after she passed away, for sentimental reasons, and so my dad maintained it and rented it out to students for about a decade (he was an amazing landlord, he really went above and beyond). He described it as like having a part-time job that didn't actually cover the overheads when you consider the amount of tax owing on a second property.

One time the tenants called him at 7am on Sunday to change a lightbulb.

They have reached sale agreed, but the buyer is now refusing to pay the price they settled on. They presume he's holding out for them to get desperate and go lower, but they aren't under any pressure, so they're not going to go lower. I'd imagine many people meet at this impasse in this climate. I kind of said 'would you not just do it, you're not stuck for the money' but I can see why they'd stick to their guns too.
That would drive me mad, definitely wouldn't go bargaining at this stage. I would keep it on the market in case he doesn't have the money he offered either

Last edited by Bullocks; 16-02-2020 at 14:08.
Thanks from:
16-02-2020, 09:43   #120
Cushtie

Will be selling in Limerick County in the coming months. Selling current house to finance build of another. Will need to Rent in between. The selling part I am definitely not looking forward to. Got a few valuations last year. Big variance between lowest and highest between a few estate agents. Interesting times ahead.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion