Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marvel's Legion - FX

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm lost! That was great! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'm confused and disturbed

I must have watched an episode of Legion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Another visually mad as pish episode. A bit less confused after it right enough. Poor Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I honestly think it's one of the best shows in years, so entertaining. And such a visual feast.

It was great.

The scene where
    Farouk grows in size and swaps Cary and Kerry during the attack on Division 3 felt a better way of showing an Apocalypse level power
    than any of X-Men: Apocalypse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That clacking teeth noise was really ****ing my **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Completely forgot this started on Fox tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Hilarious interview with Aubrey Plaza on the late show...

WHAT!!! NOOOO!!!
    You can't end like that!!
    Cow!

Good episode.

Would also accept
    the small few minutes of voice acting by the Monk
    as a better adaption of Apocalypse than all of X-Men: Apocalypse

The end though. I was
    all starting to guess.. 'oooh, where does Sid feel safe or in a fantasy.. oooh cool and igloo and then
    they just end it like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

It's interesting to me how I watch this show. I really have to be in the humour for it.
    I flick through Plex for something to watch and it kind of jumps out and shouts at me "Watch Me. Watch me"
    But I find myself ignoring the voices and watching something else in the hope of "saving" it for later / tomorrow / next week.

Then I watch an episode, and if my brain isn't suitably switched I get frustrated with the constant rewinding I have to do, so that I can try to make sense of the scene I just watched. One episode was so confusing for me that it took 95 minutes to watch. Then there was the later episode that took a week to watch - although I have to put that down to the trip to the hospital halfway through to have the blood vessels in my wrists repaired.

The wife asked me last week "Is Legion any good?"
    I started to cry.

Episode 3 of Season 2 is calling to me right now, as I write this, but I have to watch Peter Rabbit with the kids first, and a couple of episodes of utterly boring TV after that. I'm thinking a couple of those 51 episodes of The Wire I've yet to watch, or catch up on the last season of Breaking Bad, but I'm not sure I can handle the monotony and mundaneness I feel when watching lesser shows.

My son's name is David. His brother asked me "Where's David" the other day so I locked him in the attic. I still don't know where David is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’m only on episode 2 but I’m a bit confused.
    I thought that at end of season 1 Lenny was our villian and she abducted Oliver. So now it’s a case that it was actually this guy Farouk (whom I have no idea where he came from or was introduced) getting Lenny to do it all? What power has Oliver got that’s so helpful? Also , why is David so willing to believe future syd , couldn’t it be a manipulated image of Syd by the baddy?

WOW! What a trip!

That was freakin awesome!

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’m only on episode 2 but I’m a bit confused.
    I thought that at end of season 1 Lenny was our villian and she abducted Oliver. So now it’s a case that it was actually this guy Farouk (whom I have no idea where he came from or was introduced) getting Lenny to do it all? What power has Oliver got that’s so helpful? Also , why is David so willing to believe future syd , couldn’t it be a manipulated image of Syd by the baddy?

Oh jeez, eh... that's a big bit of season 1 ya missed with
    Farouk. He's been there the whole time inside Davids head.. like since he was a baby or toddler maybe. Both him and David are like UBER level mind-power mutants.

As for this season, keep watching.. it's clearer in your next episode .. if it's not..
    it's cos they are just Pets for Farouk, that's how powerful he is. Oliver is the new head that Farouk is living in.. except Oliver ain't no UBER level mind-mutant.. so downgrade to Pet for him

Slydice wrote: »
    Oh jeez, eh... that's a big bit of season 1 ya missed with
    Farouk. He's been there the whole time inside Davids head.. like since he was a baby or toddler maybe. Both him and David are like UBER level mind-power mutants.

As for this season, keep watching.. it's clearer in your next episode .. if it's not..
    it's cos they are just Pets for Farouk, that's how powerful he is. Oliver is the new head that Farouk is living in.. except Oliver ain't no UBER level mind-mutant.. so downgrade to Pet for him

Jaesus, I don’t remember Farouk from season 1 and I still enjoyed it :)
    So Oliver and Lenny are puppets. Lenny was manipulating David with Farouk using her? Farouk and David ( I knew David was strong) are super strong mutants. Got it.

So the story is Farouk is using Oliver and Lenny to find his physical body and if he finds it he will be super powerful? (As per weird three birds with moustach)

Eh something like that I think. The next episode has
    Lenny looking to me like she is nothing to Farouk and so my guess is Oliver is similar. Farouks attitude makes it seem like they are there for him.. to .. just be there or something. That's a bit confusing.

Then in the latest
    Lenny shows up.. so maybe that it is her being used or maybe she did something to Farouk.

Damn! That was messed up! :eek:

With the recap showing
    Farouk change the gun to fire bubbles
    "apparently" :) and then seeing
    the turn people to dust power that Farouk has
    again, it reminded me of ...

.. Avengers Infinity War Spoiler ..
    how Thanos used bubbles and then at the end, the same special effect used to turn people to dust

except like.. Legion did it first? :eek:

A quick google for "kevin feige" "Legion" finds these two articles:

X-Men Producer Excited to Work With Kevin Feige
    https://screenrant.com/x-men-kevin-feige-lauren-donner/
    X-Men franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner expresses excitement to work alongside Kevin Feige once again by bringing the mutant superhero team into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She and her husband and Superman: The Movie director Richard Donner both own The Donner Company, under which she has developed and produced every installment in 20th Century Fox’s X-Men franchise – including the TV shows Legion and The Gifted – since Bryan Singer’s 2000 X-Men film. And now, she’ll be bringing her expertise to the MCU.

The One X-Men Scene Kevin Feige Can’t Wait To Bring To The Big Screen
    http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/kevin-feige-x-men-scene-wants-bring-big-screen/
    In amongst the heady excitement and speculation arising from Disney seeking to acquire 20th Century Fox, it’s easy to forget that Marvel Studios figurehead Kevin Feige was once a part of Fox’s X-Men franchise – in his capacity as staff member to legendary producer Lauren Shuler Donner.

Hrmmm.. maybe it was just that they knew the same special effects folks. David sure would be some introduction of the X-Men to the MCU though!

That was the Best Episode Ever!

Alright, wow... I dunno.

Like the whole
    alternative/parallel universes
    was really cool. I dunno, it was like the showrunners going
    yeah, this guy could be any of these
    but this is the one we're going with.

Felt almost like they were saying it might just be
    predicable to go the billionaire route

It was just like.. that scene in
    the underpass
    where his
    powers manifest
    and he just
    wipes out those guys who were beating him up
    :eek: Jaw dropped there.

Then, showing him
    being sliced in two by Kerry
    !

Then the end giving time to
    think on it all
    :)

Aside: The song which
    the mouse
    was singing was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I think it was more to show that even in every other parallel universe, whether things were good or bad for him. His sister was still in his life. All that in those few moments of the last episode. F**k it, what a an Amazing show. Legion tops Westworld this week anyway for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A most Awesome soundtrack with the series as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I presume everyone is talking about the next episode on Fox, because I just watched the one in Syd's head and was bored senseless.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it was more to show that even in every other parallel universe, whether things were good or bad for him. His sister was still in his life. All that in those few moments of the last episode. F**k it, what a an Amazing show. Legion tops Westworld this week anyway for me.

It's the best thing on TV imo.
    I presume everyone is talking about the next episode on Fox, because I just watched the one in Syd's head and was bored senseless.

That's the last one I watched too, though it was great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Regarding all the questions about 10 posts back... Am I missing something? I thought it was clear that Farouk and Lenny are the one person. Lenny is just the current mask Farouk uses.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bacchus wrote: »
    Regarding all the questions about 10 posts back... Am I missing something? I thought it was clear that Farouk and Lenny are the one person. Lenny is just the current mask Farouk uses.

I don't think that's the case, I thought
    Lenny is a junkie Farouc latched on to and used to his own ends like he tried to do with David. Lenny is now stuck with Farouc as her body has died. I think Farouc uses Lenny as a mask alright or at least as a puppet but I still think Lenny is also their own person, hence them begging to be let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think that's the case, I thought
    Lenny is a junkie Farouc latched on to and used to his own ends like he tried to do with David. Lenny is now stuck with Farouc as her body has died. I think Farouc uses Lenny as a mask alright or at least as a puppet but I still think Lenny is also their own person, hence them begging to be let go.

I'll spoiler too though I think this is all season 1 related anyway (I'm only up to episode 2 of season 2)....
    I had always just thought 'junkie Lenny' was a manifestation of Farouc to control David, as opposed to a real person. Shots of her were always done in a way that emphasised to the audience that only David could see her (so... not a real person). Also, Farouc was latched on to David since he was an infant, so how would he have also latched on to another person (i.e. Lenny)?

I can see how what you're saying could make sense... I just can't remember if it was ever said that Lenny was a real person manipulated by Farouc or not, and my recollection of season 1 is that Lenny was in David's head.

You're right there actually, I would have thought that too before the last couple of episodes.

I was under the impression she was real person. David accidentally killed Lenny in the first season when he did the switch with Syd. She was the one stuck inside the wall. Forget whether it was the first or second episode. She was just stuck inside David head from then on I presumed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

AFAIK David was a junkie with his friend Benny (his girlfriend & psychiatrist confirmed this), then David met Lenny at Clockworks, and after her death thanks to Syd in Davids body, Farouk then borrowed her body (when he wasn't in his obese form) and retconned Benny into Lenny to increase his influence in Lenny's form. He also seemed to superimpose Lenny into other additional memories.

This show is complicated haha

pjohnson wrote: »
    AFAIK David was a junkie with his friend Benny (his girlfriend & psychiatrist confirmed this), then David met Lenny at Clockworks, and after her death thanks to Syd in Davids body, Farouk then borrowed her body (when he wasn't in his obese form) and retconned Benny into Lenny to increase his influence in Lenny's form. He also seemed to superimpose Lenny into other additional memories.

He didn't take her body though. He was in David's head up until the last episode of the first season. It was Lenny's body that Farouk (Oliver) dug up in the desert to get her DNA so he could fuse her to Davids sisters body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He didn't take her body though. He was in David's head up until the last episode of the first season. It was Lenny's body that Farouk (Oliver) dug up in the desert to get her DNA so he could fuse her to Davids sisters body.

Well her skin I guess. I just mean manifested as her body when I said body. Her real body was spliced with the wall!

This show!

That was a damn fine episode.
    I dunno.. how do I even put into words..
    Ok, ehm, Point taken. Point well made.

I don't know. It feels thought provoking. This episode felt peaceful at the end.
    All on a tv show budget.

Haven't seen any mention of renewal yet.
    The viewership is down :(
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(TV_series)

The ratings still so high though:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone else here that like me thinks the second season is rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I'm struggling to stay tuned to the second series

I’m following this on sky so only on episode 6. Just a suggestion but if people are firing ahead maybe just mention which episode you are referring to as I am aware people can get access to the America release ones!!

Episode 6 was very enjoyable. Still can’t say I fully get the message if I am honest I just enjoy the ride... I mean was the whole episode just about multi verses and we were just getting different versions that culminated in us seeing kind of a back story to our David?

I enjoyed it anyways...

That was excellent.
    It's all coming to a head now. Mad to see David put the plan together and watch it just play out during the episode. Then for Farouk / Oliver to be pushing some interference.

Did David telelport, it looked like he teleported, that's cool, this guys powers!!

Damn fine visual representation of the Allegory of the Cave.

The poem Oliver said was America (text) by Allen Ginsbery. The very next line in it is "Go **** yourself with your atom bomb".

The monastery moving about both in space and time is really cool. It'll be cool to see how they've grounded it.

• Advertisement

Thanks slydice. I would of accidentally read it!!!

So like, an episode about
    Melanie, Lenny & Amy and Cary & Kerry

Felt like it
    was getting the pieces of Davids plan into place.
    Lenny & Amy look like they'll be coming to a head and that maybe Amy can get the bodie back or a body/share. Otherwise it'll probably be that one of them goes. Amy had kinda Famke Janssen level of Jean Grey vibes.

For the overall story
    I'm guessing it's down to whether Davids plan will work out or if Farouk has sucessfully interfered. To make it dramatic, I'd say he has
    :)

The quote they dropped came from Søren Kierkegaard
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/S%C3%B8ren_Kierkegaard
    It is perfectly true, as the philosophers say, that life must be understood backwards. But they forget the other proposition, that it must be lived forwards.
    select wiki:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%B8ren_Kierkegaard
    His psychological work explored the emotions and feelings of individuals when faced with life choices.
    Much of his work deals with Christian love. He was extremely critical of the practice of Christianity as a state religion, primarily that of the Church of Denmark. His psychological work explored the emotions and feelings of individuals when faced with life choices.
    Notably, he wrote: "Science and scholarship want to teach that becoming objective is the way. Christianity teaches that the way is to become subjective, to become a subject." While scientists can learn about the world by observation, Kierkegaard emphatically denied that observation could reveal the inner workings of the world of the spirit.

Wooohoooo!

RENEWED!
    Legion Renewed for Season 3 at FX
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legion-renewed-season-3-at-fx-1116481

Right, everyone is in place! Next week is the big one (season finale)! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm not sure I have any idea what is going on in this show any more... lol

• Advertisement

Well. Roll on Season 3!
    That plan that David set up ages back seemed to go mostly as he intended. Syd may have been the only variable?

I don't even know how they're gonna do the third season if it's gonna be David going off the rails. Maybe Farouk involved in going after him will allow it to stick to mind based stuff. Otherwise I'd imagine they'll need budget.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Right, watched the Season 2 finale. I enjoyed the two series, but I still haven't a clue what's going on. But it is kind of strangely compelling. Hypnotizing almost. I certainly couldn't explain the show to anybody.

I wonder if the actors even know what's going on. Like Director says - "stand in front of this green-screen and lip sync to Behind Blue Eyes, just, like, because ...."

I missed having English David around this series though. That last episodes with his other selves egging him on, I wished one of them turned out to be English David. I love seeing Dan doing American doing bad English, or doing English doing bad American. Whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

The Head of FX Teases the Dark Path Ahead in Legion Season 3
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-head-of-fx-teases-the-dark-path-ahead-in-legion-sea-1828108430

Picking this news apart but I guess start with a "hold on a sec"
    As for the progress on season 3 in particular? According to Landgraf, creator Noah Hawley has four scripts written. “He hasn’t shown them to me yet,” Landgraf added.

so.. this guy hasn't seen the scripts but:
    He continued, saying, “It’s not just that David Haller turned evil. It’s that David Haller always struggled with his grip on reality because of the immense world spanning powers that he had and because of the fact that he’d been locked in a mental institution and he’d been left raised by a different family, the very fact that he had a parasite in his brain.”
    and:
    “If you go back to the original conception of the show, all the way back to Legion, the character as created before Noah got his hands on Legion, he was a very dark character,” Landgraf said. “He was not explicitly a hero within that universe. But I think that Noah’s felt an enormous amount of compassion for that character and for his troubled and complicated backstory. He felt like he has a lot of compassion for people with mental illness and he wanted to tell a story about that.”

then into the slashfilm article:
    https://www.slashfilm.com/noah-hawley-is-already-working-on-legion-season-3-and-things-are-getting-darker-tca-2018-exclusive/#more-500675
    The Road to Hell

X-Men comics rarely have black and white good guys and bad guys. Magneto is all about doing the wrong thing for the right reasons. Likewise, Legion has struggled with how to use David’s powers. The mutant still might turn around eventually, but season three is going to be about exploring his dark path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Harry Lloyd (Viserys Targaryen in Game of Thrones and Peter Quayle in Counterpart) to play
    David's father, Charles Xavier (Professor X)

Stephanie Corneliussen (Joanna Wellick in Mr. Robot) will play
    David’s mother Gabriel

https://tvline.com/2019/02/04/legion-professor-x-harry-lloyd-season-3-fx/

Harry Lloyd (Viserys Targaryen in Game of Thrones and Peter Quayle in Counterpart) to play
    David's father, Charles Xavier (Professor X)

Stephanie Corneliussen (Joanna Wellick in Mr. Robot) will play
    David’s mother Gabriel

https://tvline.com/2019/02/04/legion-professor-x-harry-lloyd-season-3-fx/

I only realised now that was Viserys and I'm watching Counterpart for the last two years.

I only realised now that was Viserys and I'm watching Counterpart for the last two years.

Same! :eek:

Slydice wrote: »
    Same! :eek:

Me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 trailer.

Returns on June 24th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement