Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Legion - FX

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just like.. Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

bloody knew it was Farouk as soon as we saw him, so will Prof X pop up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

Just finished watching ep 7. Glued right to the end. Fantastic show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Enjoyed the episode, another quality piece of work but it's just a pity that, overall, it's has been a mess. Can't believe that next week is the last episode, had sort of given it hope when I thought there was 3 episodes left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Liamalone wrote: »
    Enjoyed the episode, another quality piece of work but it's just a pity that, overall, it's has been a mess. Can't believe that next week is the last episode, had sort of given it hope when I thought there was 3 episodes left.

Quite interested to know what you think was a mess about it? Personally I'm finding this to be one of the best superhero properties to hit the small/big screen. It's so well thought out, self contained, the visuals and sound editing are so refreshing, and its interpretation of the astral plane and how it uses it to play with the characters has been awesome viewing.

Those scenes with the rational mind were class btw. The blackboard scene in particular piecing together the puzzle was wonderful. This show just does things that no other show seems to do (from my recollection at least) in terms of the way it presents the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

It's definitely a show that's dividing people. I absolutely loved it but as it went on my husband developed a growing impatience and hatred for it!

I think the way they've created something really different and non-linear, using totally different styles and sounds and techniques is fascinating and it's such a welcome and creative change to the "superhero discovers themselves and defeats big bad" plot that usually plays out. It's also quite funny, despite the "mature" themes Fox warns us about and manages not to take itself too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Bacchus wrote: »
    Quite interested to know what you think was a mess about it? Personally I'm finding this to be one of the best superhero properties to hit the small/big screen. It's so well thought out, self contained, the visuals and sound editing are so refreshing, and its interpretation of the astral plane and how it uses it to play with the characters has been awesome viewing.

Those scenes with the rational mind were class btw. The blackboard scene in particular piecing together the puzzle was wonderful. This show just does things that no other show seems to do (from my recollection at least) in terms of the way it presents the story.

Thought it was very clever that they used his actual English accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Birneybau wrote: »
    Thought it was very clever that they used his actual English accent.

Yeah, and then the American David putting on a British accent, and the British self saying "...is that...are you doing a British accent?" :D

Maybe it helps that I never watched any Downton Abbey and don't have the actor associated with any other character really (apart from The Guest). More than one person has said to me that they can't imagine anything but his Downton persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

the blackboard scene,.... amazing..... avoid if you haven´t watched Episode 7 yet....

is it possible to spoiler the youtube clip... anyway... there it is... so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just a head's up for those who stop watching when the credits start. I read there's a scene during and/or after the credits in the finale

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Can't believe we're almost at the finale and I still haven't made up my mind if it's a masterpiece or a piece of s#1t. I suppose its a good sign that I'm watching week by week. I normally save episodes up for a binge watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Legion came close to losing me a couple of times but I'm glad I stuck with it. Looking forward to next season.

Things I liked.

1: Lenny. She is a fantastic villain.
    2: Oliver. He brought a much needed comedic break the the constant mix of reality and insanity
    3: David's rational mind being British
    4: Cary and Kerry's relationship sharing the same body.
    5: Some of the parts inside David's mind were done very well.

Things I didn't like.

Just the one really. It seemed to meander/ repeat itself a bit for me and once or twice I became bored.

Episode 8 available on showbox... Will watch it later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭corkie

Yeah it's been pretty fantastic now. The cast have been great particularly Dan Stevan's and Aubrey Plaza. If it keeps the pace up I wonder will we ever get an appearance from Patrick Stewart.Wishful thinking I suppose.

Both Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart said that "Logan" would be there last time playing there X-Men roles. When they where on Graham Norton.

Can not find the Norton clip, but here they are on another show saying similar. (around 4 minute mark)!

micar wrote: »
    Episode 8 available on ********... Will watch it later

Are people still using that unmentionable app, i gave up on it when it split videos into pieces. There is better available.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    Are people still using that unmentionable app, i gave up on it when it split videos into pieces. There is better available.

I think you should give it another whirl... videos are all single files. Great app.... though not sure we're allowed mention it on boards.ie due to the "cousins" rule ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Did Oliver remind anyone else of Matthew Berry in the IT Crowd?
    d885bd0666eec4158aa0cca9a3af8246.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

ixoy wrote: »
    Did Oliver remind anyone else of Matthew Berry in the IT Crowd?
    d885bd0666eec4158aa0cca9a3af8246.jpg

Totally! I don't watch the 'IT Crowd' but I've seen it. First time that I saw Oliver, I thought on that dude from it. Thought it was the same actor n all.

Oliver is one half of comedy group Flight of the Conchords.

micar wrote: »
    Oliver is one half of comedy group Flight of the Conchords.

:eek:

Cannot be unseen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

That whole series was a master class in TV making.

I loved every minute of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Thoroughly enjoyable first season, down mainly to some great creative flair, and a great cast.

From Dan Stevens, to Aubrey Plaza, and the inspired decision to cast Jemaine Clement as Oliver.

I love how they constantly mess with conventions as well.
    Episode seven ends with a tense cliffhanger
    Episode eight opens with a fresh perspective and even helps us emphatise with the "villainous" group
    And all this just serves to set up one of the funniest (Indiana Jones sword vs Gun) moments of the season.

Plus, the soundtrack & visuals... Brilliant.

Oliver/Jemaine Clement:

They, for me, are the best comedy music guys of all time, talented too. Saw them in the Olympia!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Ending was.. ya know.. grand. Didn't feel like it over-reached or over-promised. Give it a 2nd season and it has a lot of opportunity to build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Thoroughly enjoyable first season, down mainly to some great creative flair, and a great cast.

From Dan Stevens, to Aubrey Plaza, and the inspired decision to cast Jemaine Clement as Oliver.

I love how they constantly mess with conventions as well.
    Episode seven ends with a tense cliffhanger
    Episode eight opens with a fresh perspective and even helps us emphatise with the "villainous" group
    And all this just serves to set up one of the funniest (Indiana Jones sword vs Gun) moments of the season.

Plus, the soundtrack & visuals... Brilliant.

The 2 Pink Floyd tracks fitted in very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thought it was a good ending to a good series. The style was refreshing but it got carried away with itself at times, particularly the whole episode set in the astral hospital. That said I look forward to the next season

Final episode opened brilliantly and settled into a good, but not quite as good as the rest of the season, episode. That opening though, turning the notion of the big bad Section 3 on it's head was very well played. I thought how they portrayed the agent as being in a loving same-sex relationship with adopted child, was just so casually and naturally done. Loved how all that build up though for his revenge was so easily dealt with. After that though the episode just didn't hold up as well as the stellar first 7 episodes. Section 3's reaction holding back and waiting didn't sit right for a start, particularly when they clearly saw David was momentarily weakened. The internal logic of Sydneys powers kinda fell apart too. When she kissed David, why didn't David AND the parasite move to her body? Why just the parasite? Where did Sydney go if David was still in his body? Other than that though, it was still a really enjoyable ending to a fantastic season and I'm really looking forward to season 2. They've managed to keep the Neo problem at bay with that post credits scene but eventually they're going to have a real problem with how to balance a show with a mutant that powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Bacchus wrote: »
    Section 3
    Division 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Mutants 1 - Humans 0

Advertisement