Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvel's Legion - FX

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Watched episode 4 last night. Loving this show. A lot of it is down to the trippy visuals (Oliver in the ice cube was just wonderful) and style but core story is being revealed beautifully IMO. I don't get the complaints about repetition. Ok we're revisiting familiar memories of David's but each time they are revealing a bit more and it's being done expertly IMO. There's great world building at play here too, I'm really looking forward to seeing where they go with Oliver in the diver suit. Also, confirmed now that
    the monsters are part of David... or at least are a parasite that has attached itself to him and is the cause of the memory blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I honestly think this show is brilliant. The Parasite is so damn creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

At least we know what's happening, and i suppose i wasn't too far off my guess, nice to see how powerful he actually is if he could control it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I honestly think this show is brilliant. The Parasite is so damn creepy.

If you mean the yellow eyed version, he didn't look as bad in the light as he does in the bad lighting. Though not saying much.
    I think the kid from the story book is the creepiest persona.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If you mean the yellow eyed version, he didn't look as bad in the light as he does in the bad lighting. Though not saying much.
    I think the kid from the story book is the creepiest persona.

I thought the security camera scene was brilliantly done. I thought they were going to go all Peter and Sylar from Heros on us and not show us anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

OK, I love this show too, but it is only shown on Mondays in my country...
    I enjoy this thread, do I unfollow, or just try to ignore...

Are you all seeing it in Ireland on Thursday nights, or what?

OK, I love this show too, but it is only shown on Mondays in my country...
    I enjoy this thread, do I unfollow, or just try to ignore...

Are you all seeing it in Ireland on Thursday nights, or what?

Thursday nights on Fox. It was episode 5 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Best episode yet, IMO. The different aspects/parasites/personalities of David became clearer, instead of snippets of memory and imagination, and we got to see what he could really do.

Two thoughts:
    We saw how ruthless (or bloodthirsty) David could be in glibly destroying people. Was this all parasite or does David have that potential himself?

And it can't be irrelevant that the parasite demon was wearing the remnants of a suit and tie. This must relate to someone in his past and if it wasn't a superhero story, I'd think there was some sort of abuse involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by the series so far, abuse could still be part of it. Not exactly the usual more upbeat superhero story.

I was getting confused about the mind room though. I mean if the parasite was controlling his body, then it was him that took her to the room, yet it was David that was there when she saw the house through the telescope. Not forgetting when she jumped in front of a bullet, was it, or something and told him to go to the white room. Their whole bodies must've teleported otherwise they would've been hit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

From an X-Men power type,
    Parasite
    is the closest thing to
    Apocalypse
    or
    Jean Grey
    I can remember seeing on a screen so far.

Again a lot of in-head business at the start of the episode. Gotta be eating away at the audience share.

That pay-off showing what happened in the facility was something! Then with the creepiness and power shown in the end especially with the sensory (speaking) deprivation.

• Advertisement

Two thoughts:
    We saw how ruthless (or bloodthirsty) David could be in glibly destroying people. Was this all parasite or does David have that potential himself?

And it can't be irrelevant that the parasite demon was wearing the remnants of a suit and tie. This must relate to someone in his past and if it wasn't a superhero story.

That was all Parasite who had tapped into Davids powers and suppressed David with fear. While they are Davids powers he lacks the knowledge to use them himself atm.

As for the suit, I think it's suit the paper mashe is wearing as they are the same persona, just now it's gone all Hulk and ripped as its power and stature as grown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Does anyone else think the parasite is
    The Shadow King

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Watched episode 5 last night. Probably the best yet. They really stepped up the parasite story and we now have an active war between David and it... with David loosing miserably. The scenes at Section 3 were great. This show really nails the horror elements. Watching the fat man follow Sydney around the room as she scrambles to get away was f'in creepy. The highlight of it all has to be when they got to the house and the sound cut. It was used to great effect. Actually it must be said that while the show gets a lot of praise for the visuals, the sound editing is quality too.

Next episode looks like it'll be suitably trippy with the whole gang trapped in David's mind (I assume that's where they are).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

So I don't like this show, it largely just isn't for me at all. The one thing I'm confused about is whether the audience is supposed to care about the central relationship? In the episodes I saw it felt like it was meant to be a really important emotional centre to the whole thing but they didn't really do a thing to warrant it, to the the point where I'm just doubting whether I read that correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The previous episode was the best yet; the last, where they're in somebodys head in the mental episode, was an hour of self-indulgent twaddle. An utter waste. Skip this episode and I bet you've missed nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That was suitably crazy. Another fantastic, if not confusing, episode. I'd say this will be more than worth the rewatch at the end knowing how it all pans out, and picking out the "oh yeah!" moments. And that leads me to my next point. This show will be made or broke by how they end the season. They need to make some cohesiveness about the whole season, while still leaving enough to have another season out of it at least. It's either going to be an amazing show, or a lot of build up to nothing.

But true as said above, it's not only visually amazing, the sound is perfect also. Excellent use of music and effects, something I rarely pick up on as a stand out feature.

Heavily interested in where it's going. Easily gone into my top 5 shows, and I follow 29 programmes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

You could watch all the episodes in any order and it would make as much sense as it currently does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Just watched the most recent episode. As said above, skip this episode and you'll miss absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I'm out! First couple of episodes had me mildly interested. It got progressively worse and I've just struggled through the latest instalment. What a load of rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Really enjoyed that episode finally getting to see the power and aim of the parasite aka yellow man. The fight back from the others. I'm liking having to question what I'm seeing as i pay attention more to what's going on. Still missing tonnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yeah I'm finally done with this. Its like every episode is that awful Sopranos episode when Tony was dreaming

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That dance number was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Heh I quite like this version of Amy.

Another brilliant episode. I can see how this would not be appealing to some but I just love the style of the whole thing and the freedom it has to take the entire cast into the astral plane represented as a mental hospital. I love how the characters real world powers are represented as various mental illnesses and how the parasite is manipulating them... and all this happening while the gun shot is still making it's way to Sydney and David. Looking forward to seeing how Oliver can help with the situation. He's already shown some ability in the astral plane to keep the parasite out of David's head. And finally, seeing the parasite unleash was brilliant and the nod to David's father (wonder will they ever go there... maybe in future seasons). The actress playing it is great, actually all the casting is spot on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Bacchus wrote: »
    Another brilliant episode. I can see how this would not be appealing to some but I just love the style of the whole thing and the freedom it has to take the entire cast into the astral plane represented as a mental hospital. I love how the characters real world powers are represented as various mental illnesses and how the parasite is manipulating them... and all this happening while the gun shot is still making it's way to Sydney and David. Looking forward to seeing how Oliver can help with the situation. He's already shown some ability in the astral plane to keep the parasite out of David's head. And finally, seeing the parasite unleash was brilliant and the nod to David's father (wonder will they ever go there... maybe in future seasons). The actress playing it is great, actually all the casting is spot on here.

Yeah I think most of the acting is spot on but Aubrey Plaza (Lenny/parasite) is a highlight for me.

It must be a bit of a marmite show but I think it's fantastic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just watched the most recent episode, man, this show is about a million times more visually interesting than almost every other show out there.

I find it very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The latest episode was very good. The music is great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yeah it's been pretty fantastic now. The cast have been great particularly Dan Stevan's and Aubrey Plaza. If it keeps the pace up I wonder will we ever get an appearance from Patrick Stewart.Wishful thinking I suppose.

Advertisement