Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind

Options
  • 12-02-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

Seems the city and county are being battered at the moment. Reports of Croom school having issues and porta kabins there being destroyed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya working in town here and it's fairly bad. Bins full of rubbish being picked up and thrown down the road by it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think Limerick was given an Orange Warning by Met Éireann this morning. If this is Orange, I'd hate to see the Red Alert conditions that Cork and Kerry are getting! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Jesus ya that's just around the corner from me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My parents house in Kilmalliock is getting battered. 5 trees down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Big tree down outside Cormac Byrnes Photography in Raheen/dooradoyle .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Yet another tree from the peoples park has come crashing down across Mallow street. road blocked be careful people..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I was just on William street. A car had to brake when the wind put me in the middle of the road.
    Took me ten minutes to do a two minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

from twitter
    https://twitter.com/Keoghser/status/433603251985195008/photo/1

BgR33DgIQAAXpf8.jpg
    Limerick Boat Club Roof blown off @limerickcityco pic.twitter.com/Lo7qtseS7Y

Tree behind O'Mara Motors on the Ennis Road is down and has taken out the power in the area.

Light Post near LIT roundabout ready to fall over, half way there already.

Trees down on Hyde Road and the bars around the peoples park starting to come down.

Trees down in Elm Park Castletroy.

• Advertisement

Another picture of the car.

BgR5FZpIMAAFrn1.jpg

Sarsfield Street.

BgR-fxpIcAA8pAQ.jpg

and to think I got abused when I cancelled on people and refused to carry out any work on roofs today glad I used my common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Shannon closed and an airplane on it's side.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Any idea when it will begin to ease off, a tree in my garden just hanging on.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Warning e-mails gone around UL asking everyone to stay indoors until conditions improve

They had said 4pm it would ease but it doesn't look like anytime soon at the moment.

From AA Roadwatch:

Gardai are advising the public to make no unnecessary journeys in West Limerick. There are a lot of fallen trees on secondary roads around Newcastle West, Foynes and Shanagolden.

Along the N21 Limerick /Tralee Rd, there is a truck overturned southbound before Newcastle West. Further along on the N21, is closed by Adare Golf Club due to a fallen tree.

On the stretch of the N69 Limerick /Tralee Rd, there are fallen trees and particular care is needed at Foynes due to fallen debris.

There is a tree down blocking the Ashford/ Broadford Rd (R515).

The Bruff /Kilmallock Rd (R512) is completely blocked due to a fallen tree.

There is a tree down on the N20 Limerick /Cork Rd outside Patrickswell on the Croom side. The fallen tree is at a bad bend and the road is reportedly completely blocked. Very windy conditions along this stretch.

The Newcastle West /O’Rourke Cross Rd (R520) is blocked at Bruff Line due to a fallen tree.

Main St in Hospital is closed due to a fallen tree.

LIMERICK CITY: Gardai are advising the public to stay indoors due to windblown slates and tiles coming off roofs.

There is a tree down on the Dock Rd by the Cement Factory but the road is passable.

There are two trees down on the Old Dublin Rd near Dalys Cross. Take an alternative route.

Condell Rd and Lower Shelbourne Rd are closed until further notice. Ennis Rd and Roses Ave is closed until further notice as is North Circular Rd, at Redgate

A few pics I just took around the peoples park and hyde road areas

#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

• Advertisement

steveon wrote: »
    A few pics I just took around the peoples park and hyde road areas

#

How do I open these pics. ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

marienbad wrote: »
    How do I open these pics. ?

Right click, open in new tab.

An File wrote: »
    Right click, open in new tab.

Tried that, no go, I must have something blocking them

Jofspring wrote: »
    Sarsfield Street.

BgR-fxpIcAA8pAQ.jpg

My friends apartment building. That's his apartment on the top floor. His other half was sitting down watching tv on the otherside of that patio door when it happened. She's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

My friends apartment building. That's his apartment on the top floor. His other half was sitting down watching tv on the otherside of that patio door when it happened. She's ok

Good Cheeses. Is that the brick outer "skin" of the building stripped by the wind?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Tried that, no go, I must have something blocking them
    Try this link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51397227@N08/

jimgoose wrote: »
    Good Cheeses. Is that the brick outer "skin" of the building stripped by the wind?? :eek:

Ya. Once the door gave way it just took the brick with it. Scary to think I was standing at that door smoking a cig last Friday night

Great photos- thanks very much .

Wind seems to be dying off a bit now. Did limerick get an orange or a red warning ?

Looks like the AA website is down. Does anyone know if the bridges into town (Thomond, Sarsfield, Shannon) are closed?

• Advertisement

Great photos- thanks very much .

Wind seems to be dying off a bit now. Did limerick get an orange or a red warning ?

Live95fm said it had been upgraded to red! And that it would be bad until 7pm.

Advertisement