Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Took these outside the mother in laws house. Just off the old cratloe road.

1891121_10201959169595083_1370185041_n.jpg

1604615_10201959168515056_155818101_n.jpg

1509648_10201959167635034_1692014673_n.jpg

1902758_10201959167155022_1800823636_n.jpg

Mrs was driving to a parent teacher meeting yesterday, about 1:30 near the cement factory. Tree was down in front, so she moved to avoid it. Another tree started to fall as she passed it. Tree branches actually hit her car as she swerved to avoid that. Road was closed for a while after that. She was in shock after that.

Parent teacher meeting went fine though! :D

School closed today and tomorrow though. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

We're out Ballyneety/Fedamore direction and are without power, lost trampolines and have some minor roof damage but the amount of trees down by us is scary.

Hope everyone managed to stay safe

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My gate was ripped off the wall and fence of the house, satellite dish is down and I eventually found the wheelie bin.

Bear in mind this is a housing estate in Newport and nobody else had any issues other than me.

Ned Flanders moment where only his house is attacked by a storm, anyone?

Just so folks know Sky want €100 for Engineer calls to fix sky issues. I bargained them to Zero but just so you know in advance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Is there any update on the power in Westbury? My daughter is living there but I have no way of getting in contact with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Is there any update on the power in Westbury? My daughter is living there but I have no way of getting in contact with her.

Local Area: Corbally
    Customers Affected: 1127
    Started: 12/02/2014 13:53
    Interruption Type: Fault
    Estimated Restore: 13/02/2014 21:45
    Message: We apologise for the loss of supply. We are currently working to repair a fault affecting your premises and will restore power as quickly as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

just passed westbury, no power still, tesco centre etc in darkness thus closed, further in corbally also out, mill rd has power though so must be different feed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Parts of Clareview, Landsdowne Park, Ashbrook and the North Circular Road still without electricity and my brother was telling me it said on the radio it probably wouldn't be restored until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Anyone on here got a mobile home in Kilkee ?
    Wondering if they survived ok ..... hoping mine is where I left it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

eircom phone line, broadband gone in the last 20 minutes. My meteor phone just crashed and is receiving no signal whatsoever. In the corbally area. Anyone else having the same problem? We seem to be one of a very few who retained power throughout the night. Home is still powered its just the phone and mobile phone now

ps I borrowed an O2 dongle to connect to the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beer Baron wrote: »
    My gate was ripped off the wall and fence of the house, satellite dish is down and I eventually found the wheelie bin.

Bear in mind this is a housing estate in Newport and nobody else had any issues other than me.

Ned Flanders moment where only his house is attacked by a storm, anyone?

Just so folks know Sky want €100 for Engineer calls to fix sky issues. I bargained them to Zero but just so you know in advance.

Kind of went the other way for me. My house etc are all fine and not one of the trees on my land came down. But my two closest neighbours both had damage to their homes and had trees etc flattened.

Fingers crossed the damage at your place is not bad, and that what you got is as bad as it gets for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

Anyone on here got a mobile home in Kilkee ?
    Wondering if they survived ok ..... hoping mine is where I left it ...

Thinking the same, hope everything is ok down there!

Kess73 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed the damage at your place is not bad, and that what you got is as bad as it gets for you.

Turns out the original developer was on the estate today with a carpenter so he will look at the gate later, chuck him some quid of course.

I'm waiting on my neighbour to come home(has ladder) so I can patch up the sky. It will be a week before they get here so I have glue and duct tape ready to tie the satellite receiver back onto the dish arm. :rolleyes:

Turns out the Gate flew about 15 feet.

RE: KILKEE

I know that the place on the right as you go on, adjacent to the GAA(can't remember name) called all the owners and said they are all okay. My friends family has one in there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm waiting on my neighbour to come home(has ladder) so I can patch up the sky. It will be a week before they get here so I have glue and duct tape ready to tie the satellite receiver back onto the dish arm. :rolleyes:

Get a Sat Finder App on your phone to give you an idea on where the satellite should be pointed to (put the phone up then get a point to aim it at), also, if you don't have a meter leave the sky box plugged in an the volume up so you can hear it if you manage to get it tuned it, be careful though there will be power going through the lines so be careful not to hurt yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

We have a mobile in ballybunion went down today ours is okay thank god! But a lot of damage to loads roofs everything I would advise people to go and check on them the roads were grand going down just took it handy.

Clareman wrote: »
    Get a Sat Finder App on your phone to give you an idea on where the satellite should be pointed to (put the phone up then get a point to aim it at), also, if you don't have a meter leave the sky box plugged in an the volume up so you can hear it if you manage to get it tuned it, be careful though there will be power going through the lines so be careful not to hurt yourself.

App! :rolleyes:

Ladder +
    1ml of Super Glue +
    1/5 Roll of Duct Tape

Having TV back after 20 hours - Priceless

#firstworldproblems

Relation of mine in Westbury has had her power restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Clareman wrote: »

Can you recommend an app?
    My dish has done roughly a 180, so no idea what exact way it should be pointing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

App! :rolleyes:

Ladder +
    1ml of Super Glue +
    1/5 Roll of Duct Tape

Having TV back after 20 hours - Priceless

#firstworldproblems

If the dish had come off fully it can be a pain in the @rse to get it back pointing at the right satellite

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Can you recommend an app?
    My dish has done roughly a 180, so no idea what exact way it should be pointing.

I've used Sat Finder in the past, it's a grand handy little app, a friend of mine got 1 of these meters and they are very handy http://www.tvtrade.ie/uhf-meter-and-satellite-finder.html

My parents plastic/Perspex lean-to is gone from the back garden. Basically it's their coal shed. I spent a whole day building that back in 2008.

I WILL REBUILD!

*sheds tear*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Currently 26 hours without power, ESB app says it will be back tonight (not holding my breath).

Hoarding at the side of the house destroyed and back gate blown in, thank jeebus the dog was in or she'd be well and truly gone.

All the pins on my side of town have now changed to say estimated time Tommorrow 23:15.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Jofspring wrote: »
    All the pins on my side of town have now changed to say estimated time Tommorrow 23:15.

Just checked there and it's the same for us, absolute joke, I've an 8 month old child in the house, bottles to sterilise and no heating. Looks like it's a family night camping in front of the fire.

Bet all the ESB crews were gone home by 5pm, certainly none working up our way this afternoon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Just got power back! Out for 28hrs!! Thankfully seems to be stable - out Ballyneety/Fedamore direction.
    Initially told it wouldn't be sorted till late tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,957 ✭✭✭✭phog

We've power back since early afternoon, however, our local councillor Cathal Crowe sent out a text message about power outage in the Parteen, Meelick & Cratloe area, it seems a fault in the high tension network is the cause, ESB crew going to work on it until 21:00 hrs tonight then return to it in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

source wrote: »
    Just checked there and it's the same for us, absolute joke, I've an 8 month old child in the house, bottles to sterilise and no heating. Looks like it's a family night camping in front of the fire.

Bet all the ESB crews were gone home by 5pm, certainly none working up our way this afternoon.

Don't be stupid...

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

In fairness the ESB are out all over the place and up against terrible conditions I think they are doing all they reasonably can!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Still no electricity here.
    1 line down, ESB were out looking at it last night and again this evening but apparently none of the 3 ESB lads today were allowed climb poles?!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Gryzor wrote: »
    Someone at work said the Toll was free today as the canopy blew off in the high winds!! Anyone else hear that or is it April 1st??

Looks like they fixed it. Passed through the toll this evening on the Ennis side, roof was where it was meant to be. That was with a tag express lane though and not a toll booth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

rok wrote: »
    Still no electricity here.
    1 line down, ESB were out looking at it last night and again this evening but apparently none of the 3 ESB lads today were allowed climb poles?!!

I heard on the radio that they are aiming at fixing the pylons that supply the high voltage before attempting the lower voltage ones. Perhaps it's the weather..

Advertisement