Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

They put a charge of 0 TL on my card and later reverted it.
    Same

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Russ Hanneman

Any solution for this problem? I've tried Tunnelbear via Argentina & Hola via Turkey. I used my 2 revolut cards, plus the virtual card & finally my AIB card, all to no avail.

Right I'm giving up & admitting defeat! I need to move on with my life & get some real work done.....its been driving me cuckoo.

Have tried 4 of my email addresses, contemplated setting up new email addresses aswell as asking for my sisters email address.

Tried all my cards, my mothers card on my laptop, PC and phone....Tunnellbear, HolaVPN & expressVPN mobile app and spent close to 2 hours yesterday interacting with a Revolut agent AND STILL no bueno!

If anyone would like to sell me a Family HiFi slot & help me out I'd be ecstatic at this stage.
    Please get in touch with a DM.

Yours
    Drained Emotionally, Russ.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

If you get the free trial and then buy the 4 for 4 deal will it give you the 5 months for 4 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Right I'm giving up & admitting defeat! I need to move on with my life & get some real work done.....its been driving me cuckoo.

Have tried 4 of my email addresses, contemplated setting up new email addresses aswell as asking for my sisters email address.

Tried all my cards, my mothers card on my laptop, PC and phone....Tunnellbear, HolaVPN & expressVPN mobile app and spent close to 2 hours yesterday interacting with a Revolut agent AND STILL no bueno!

If anyone would like to sell me a Family HiFi slot & help me out I'd be ecstatic at this stage.

Yours

same..I've gotten netflix working no bother and many others but Tidal just refuses to work.
    different laptops, different vpns, my mobile nada...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You can set up an alias email on gmail and microsoft so you don't have to set up a new email address from scratch which is a pain.

• Advertisement

oh i've plenty of email addresses :) it sees it as a new account but just won't process the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Signed up. Nice bargain cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Strange tried to sign up with getsolids VPN unlimited and I get a 403 error both on mobile and laptop any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Cancelled YouTube music for Tidal HiFi. Have this playing on Apple TV 4K through Denon amp.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

Yours

I feel your pain, I gave up yesterday too, can't figure out for the life of me why it discriminates in this way, equality dang it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boosabum

Had the same issue as other as in not been able to complete the transaction process as getting gateway error when using VPN.
    Switched it off and allowed me to complete transaction.
    Received email but say 9.99 only, doesn't say euro or Try so not sure what plan I'm on.
    Anyone confirm how the currency is shown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Installed Hola Free,
    Set it to turkey
    opened Tidal and installed app, choose free month> Choose hifi single pack > used my irish card.
    Done.
    One question, can I upgrade to family at any point if I choose to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yours

What exactly is happening for you? At which point of the signing up procuedue does it fail.

I have found in the past that when it comes to card payments online using an alternative browser would fix the issue.

edit: One with no addons or extensions, so I'd use Microsoft Edge which I don't normally use.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

vectra wrote: »
    Installed Hola Free,
    Set it to turkey
    opened Tidal and installed app, choose free month> Choose hifi single pack > used my irish card.
    Done.
    One question, can I upgrade to family at any point if I choose to?

Yes you can upgrade to a family account at any time. I upgraded myself without any issues.

AllForIt wrote: »
    What exactly is happening for you? At which point of the signing up procuedue does it fail.

I have found in the past that when it comes to card payments online using an alternative browser would fix the issue.

edit: One with no addons or extensions, so I'd use Microsoft Edge which I don't normally use.

used different notebooks, used different browsers, used different vpns, used different virtual cards for revolut, used irish card.....nada. exact same error for all.

How exactly do you create a digital wallet in revolut. I just created another account with turkish lira , transferred money from the euro account but do I mean to set it as default for the card or is that done automatically?
    because that didn't work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Blazer wrote: »
    used different notebooks, used different browsers, used different vpns, used different virtual cards for revolut, used irish card.....nada. exact same error for all.

How exactly do you create a digital wallet in revolut. I just created another account with turkish lira , transferred money from the euro account but do I mean to set it as default for the card or is that done automatically?

I used my phone, regular chrome browser and used VPN Unlimited. I used Revolut to pay, and I don't have a lira wallet set up (even though I also am Turkish in the eyes of Netflix).

One thing I have seen people have issues with for Netflix is the type of card that Revolut creates. I have 2 physical cards, 1 seems to scan as a pre-paid card, the other as a visa debit (this is the newer of the 2). I have better luck with the visa debit than the first card...

I ended up installing the Hola extension on Chrome and that allowed me to go through the payment process with my virtual Revolut card, I don't have a turkish lira wallet set up and it still went through fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm getting slightly concerned at this stage. I used Hola to sign-up but used my regular Irish debit card to pay the subscription. Is that going to be something I'll regret?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Are you by chance on VF network for BB and using their router?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm getting slightly concerned at this stage. I used Hola to sign-up but used my regular Irish debit card to pay the subscription. Is that going to be something I'll regret?

No, but using revolut gives you more favourable forex rates. At the cost we're talking about here, it's not going to be more than a euro or two of a difference though.

• Advertisement

Sup08 wrote: »
    Are you by chance on VF network for BB and using their router?

eir network and using my own router...I also have nordvpn sub etc for my nas.
    I suspect maybe because my revolut card only works for online, I've never done an atm withdrawal etc to unlock its full access.
    Only thing I can think of at this point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Russ Hanneman

AllForIt wrote: »

The following message pops up just as I'm about to confirm payment.

"Your transaction could not be completed. This could be due to incorrect credit card details,
    expired credit card, or restrictions from your bank. Please try again or use a different credit
    card. If you still have problems, please contact the bank that issued your card".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I ended up installing the Hola extension on Chrome and that allowed me to go through the payment process with my virtual Revolut card, I don't have a turkish lira wallet set up and it still went through fine.

did exactly this and also went through fine.

Download Hola app (android) > Open Chrome from within Hola > select Turkey > go to Tidal.com > sign up as normal with new email > used (Irish) Revolut card > account active > uninstalled Hola > still working fine

I presume they'll cop on to this sooner rather than later (just like Deezer did) but it'll be good while it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Download Hola app (android) > Open Chrome from within Hola > select Turkey > go to Tidal.com > sign up as normal with new email > used (Irish) Revolut card > account active > uninstalled Hola > still working fine

I presume they'll cop on to this sooner rather than later (just like Deezer did) but it'll be good while it lasts.

That is exactly the process I followed and I had no issues as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

eir network and using my own router...I also have nordvpn sub etc for my nas.
    I suspect maybe because my revolut card only works for online, I've never done an atm withdrawal etc to unlock its full access.
    Only thing I can think of at this point in time.

Do you have the geo block on your card transactions in revolut?

Sup08 wrote: »
    Do you have the geo block on your card transactions in revolut?

nope...as in location based security is disabled.

They might have copped onto the IP range of the VPN Unlimited server and blocked it.

tried everything now at this stage.
    Anyone with spare family slot willing to share one? revolut payment of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You can get 6 months for free now (with a UK VPN):

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058154666

• Advertisement

You can get 6 months for free now (with a UK VPN):

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058154666

It’s only premium though. Same quality as Spotify,

Advertisement