Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Has anyone had problems paying their sub by revolut? Got an email saying the payment failed. It was via a virtual card. I updated it with the real card details. No word since.

None for me. I signed up in Jan and they took the 9,99 on Feb 20 from a virtual card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

None for me. I signed up in Jan and they took the 9,99 on Feb 20 from a virtual card.

Same here, got charged for family on 20th Feb 3.61 :rolleyes: for a family membership on Revolut virtual card.
    Revolut changed my card number recently and updated it with no issues on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Sup08 wrote: »
    Same here, got charged for family on 20th Feb 3.61 :rolleyes: for a family membership on Revolut virtual card.
    Revolut changed my card number recently and updated it with no issues on my account.

Does it have.to be a virtual card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Does it have.to be a virtual card?

Not that I'm aware of, just prefer to use the virtual one as it can be disposed of and replaced quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Sup08 wrote: »
    Not that I'm aware of, just prefer to use the virtual one as it can be disposed of and replaced quickly

They emailed me today: Thank you for contacting support at TIDAL.

My name is Andrea and I'd be happy to help any way I can with your account, I have reviewed your request, and it appears that your card has been declined. Please contact your bank or credit card company for more information. As an alternative, try updating your account with a different card.

If you signed up using a Prepaid Credit Card, you will need to update your payment details with a credit/debit card (in your name) associated with a bank or credit card company. While Prepaid Credit Cards have a Visa or MasterCard logo, our system will reject payments as our system does not recognize prepaid credit cards.

Otherwise, to re-establish service, you can update your payment details using an Active PayPal account

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with and I'll be happy to do so. Please remember to check out our support page at https://support.tidal.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

So signed up for the family Tidal acct (and You Tube Premium as per the other BA) ... used revolut and obviously both are in the 1 month trial period so no payments taken but obviously you have to enter in card details which is the Revolut Virtual Card but both payments are €0 as expected but both say ‘Reverted - Card Authorisation Request’ ... I am not sure exactly what that means , is it just because there is no payment to be taken until next month when the trial period ends ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

So signed up for the family Tidal acct (and You Tube Premium as per the other BA) ... used revolut and obviously both are in the 1 month trial period so no payments taken but obviously you have to enter in card details which is the Revolut Virtual Card but both payments are €0 as expected but both say ‘Reverted - Card Authorisation Request’ ... I am not sure exactly what that means , is it just because there is no payment to be taken until next month when the trial period ends ?
    That's normal, just means that YouTube and tidal pinged your card to make sure it's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Thats correct. It's testing your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

For those of us currently'residing' in Turkey the lira is expected to take a nosedive tomorrow as Mr. Erdogan has sacked the head of the Central Bank again.

Thanks lads, I just wasn’t sure...
    No I just have to convince my kids about Tidal, son is complaining that he can’t play it through his PlayStation and daughter is complaining cause she pre booked some bands live stream that you can only do on spotify

• Advertisement

Lira down about 10% so far today.

Lira down about 10% so far today.

a good day to buy some lira for my revolut account

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Can I say hey google, drop me a beat with tidal.
    The kids love the way they can just ask goolge to play whatever song they want through spotify.
    If they can do the same on tidal im in.

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Can I say hey google, drop me a beat with tidal.
    The kids love the way they can just ask goolge to play whatever song they want through spotify.
    If they can do the same on tidal im in.

No. Tidal and Google don't play nice together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Spotify beats Tidal in functionality and compatibility. But thanks to this Tidal wallops Spotify on price. Depends if you are willing to give up the stable app and google/alexa integration.

Spotify beats Tidal in functionality and compatibility. But thanks to this Tidal wallops Spotify on price. Depends if you are willing to give up the stable app and google/alexa integration.

The audio quality on Tidal wins hands down and the algorithm they use for suggesting music seems much better tuned (for me anyway). I've had no issues with the app and I'll get over having to press a few buttons rather than speak to Google.

The audio quality on Tidal wins hands down and the algorithm they use for suggesting music seems much better tuned (for me anyway). I've had no issues with the app and I'll get over having to press a few buttons rather than speak to Google.

Yep totally agree on audio quality. The suggested music doesnt seem as good for me. My main beef is the app crashing. Often if I pause the music and come back a little while later I cant resume, I have to select the playlist again and play. Another issue is searchable user playlists doesnt seem to be a thing on Tidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I could get over that. And honestly i can never hear a difference in audio quality in a room even though friends say there is, so that doesnt bother me.
    But the rest of the family, especially the oldies and the kids, would never give up being able to just ask google to play sopmething.

Another issue is searchable user playlists doesnt seem to be a thing on Tidal.

That's Spotify's biggest selling point for me and the thing I miss most. For pretty much any TV series or film somebody has made a playlist. Some ubergeek even made a playlist of every tune mentioned in a series of books I read! But for €2 a month I'll get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i generally listen to albums, and when they finish there's a "radio" listing that starts automatically that is very good and plays relevant to the album.

my kids are complaining that the playlists are rubbish.

but I'm the one paying the bill (along with netflix, disney, prime etc) so i told them tough ****. they can take the time to figure out the app or they can make their own playlists.

App has never crashed for me, although it does seem to get confused at times if there are multiple speakers on - it might be set to bluetooth on the echo show but then randomly switch to the sonos player in another room. may not be the apps fault though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Yep totally agree on audio quality. The suggested music doesnt seem as good for me. My main beef is the app crashing. Often if I pause the music and come back a little while later I cant resume, I have to select the playlist again and play. Another issue is searchable user playlists doesnt seem to be a thing on Tidal.

This constantly happens me. If I pause a song, it will often play something completely random when I try to resume the song. This is through bluetooth headphones so that could possibly be the reason

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

It's a bit buggy alright but I prefer it to Spotify. Spotify us always changing things for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I had to bail on this - I'd pick a song to play, and it would play something randomly different. Or would play the start of a song and then crash out.

dulpit wrote: »
    I had to bail on this - I'd pick a song to play, and it would play something randomly different. Or would play the start of a song and then crash out.

On android? Haven't had a single issue myself.

Yeah I gave it up as well.. kids didn’t like it as couldn’t play through PS4, it didn’t have live stream events of the bands my daughter liked and the Google thing annoyed my wife as she looks to use google home for music, but I suppose the main reason was my Mam who is 84 and on my Spotify family for all her opera stuff would not have been able to make the change, so bailed out. Absolutely fantastic bargain though if all my family had not gotten used to Spotify first :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Yeah I gave it up as well.. kids didn’t like it as couldn’t play through PS4, it didn’t have live stream events of the bands my daughter liked and the Google thing annoyed my wife as she looks to use google home for music, but I suppose the main reason was my Mam who is 84 and on my Spotify family for all her opera stuff would not have been able to make the change, so bailed out. Absolutely fantastic bargain though if all my family had not gotten used to Spotify first :pac:

Kids and wife would have adapted, or learnt to live with change but I'm 100% with your on your mam. The less change they have at that age, the better.

I like Tidal and have had to adapt, but if I had a choice between Spotify and Tidal at the price I pay for Tidal I'd pick Spotify, purely because every shared playlist comes in Spotify format. This bargain is all about the savings.

jakdublin wrote: »
    Kids and wife would have adapted, or learnt to live with change but I'm 100% with your on your mam. The less change they have at that age, the better.

I like Tidal and have had to adapt, but if I had a choice between Spotify and Tidal at the price I pay for Tidal I'd pick Spotify, purely because every shared playlist comes in Spotify format. This bargain is all about the savings.

Oh 100%, kids and wife would have had a moan for a week or so and then got on with it but no way my Mam would have made the change and I know she would just have told me that ‘it’s working fine’ and then just not bothered to use it.....

For all Tidal's foibles, the price wins for me. No contest really.
    I still have my Spotify account, can find playlists there and import to Tidal anyway. But if Tidal cotton on and its back to full price, Id go back to Spotify without hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

I've been paying Turkish prices but have just been asked to add a new payment method 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Was paying via paypal being asked to add a new payment method no paypal option...did price change or remain same after using a card?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Advertisement