Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

astrofool wrote: »
    You said the DNC were investigating fraudulent votes in 2016, they weren't you were wrong.

donald trump did investigate for fraud in 2016 and found nothing, he was wrong.
    donald trump in 2020 again investigated and pretended to sue for fraud (in court it was made clear they were not alleging fraud) and was proven wrong over and over, mostly by judges that donny himself had appointed.

You know this, it was explained to you many times before, and yet you keep bringing up alternate facts (i.e. lies) that kalala macalooney would be proud of.

Please point to the laws that should be overhauled, stop veering randomly all over the place again, stick to your point and follow it through for once.

The post above yours answered my question. You mean voter fraud or interference?

Like I said both voter fraud ie voting multiple times and election interference both taint democratic elections

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

robinph wrote: »
    But the differences do enable the likes of Trump to spout nonsense, confuse people and incite an insurrection after confusing and lying to loads of people.

He is able to do that anyhow. Making changes to prevent him lying about stuff is a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,898 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

All of them. Total overhaul of the system required

Still waiting on your, incredibly likely to be wrong, answer.

Did the Democrats not launch investigations into Russian interference. I don't know how it concluded

Except you were responding to a post that was referencing fraudulent votes and asking if that could have happened in 2016. So your points are all over the place.... Do you think large scale fraud occurred in either 2016 or 2020? Most posters here do not as no evidence exists for it...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did the Democrats not launch investigations into Russian interference. I don't know how it concluded

I think that investigation was started by Trump as well in an attempt to prove that there wasn't any interference. Except it proved there was Russian interference so he got his attorney general to release dodgy statements about the result of the investigation a day before the full report came out and saying the opposite to what the report actually said so that it would confuse people.

Russia did interfere in the election, they couldn't prove Trump was directing the interference (doubt anyone ever thought it was trumps idea anyway, he's just been the useful idiot all along). This has nothing to do with voter fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

robinph wrote: »
    I think that investigation was started by Trump as well in an attempt to prove that there wasn't any interference. Except it proved there was Russian interference so he got his attorney general to release dodgy statements about the result of the investigation a day before the full report came out and saying the opposite to what the report actually said so that it would confuse people.

Russia did interfere in the election, they couldn't prove Trump was directing the interference (doubt anyone ever thought it was trumps idea anyway, he's just been the useful idiot all along). This has nothing to do with voter fraud.

It doesn't matter how many times that is said, or how clearly that is explained you will still get people making the false equivalence between Trump's nonsense about stolen elections and the FBI investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, which did happen.

As shown by the FBI investigation.

Pure bad faith argument, no one is that stupid not to be able to tell the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Is this possibly what happened in the 2016 election also?

Is it plausible

Well no, if it had happened then it would be known by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,128 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1362860358789197829?s=19

Oath keepers -> Stone -> individual one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

joe40 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how many times that is said, or how clearly that is explained you will still get people making the false equivalence between Trump's nonsense about stolen elections and the FBI investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, which did happen.

As shown by the FBI investigation.

Pure bad faith argument, no one is that stupid not to be able to tell the difference.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad faith argument. One thing I've noticed in the last year or two is a lot of people have no critical thinking or logical reasoning skills at all. Combine that with fervent political beliefs and you end up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad faith argument. One thing I've noticed in the last year or two is a lot of people have no critical thinking or logical reasoning skills at all. Combine that with fervent political beliefs and you end up here.

No. It just lying, and lying simply to keep hold to a narrative that's been built up in someone's head. It's lying to oneself and to others in an effort to keep a scenario alive. It's "bad faith" arguing at its most base level at this point.

We've been round the bloody houses time and time again over these silly touchstones and they've been smashed to bits each and every time. At this stage, anyone with a genuine interest knows about the investigation post 2016 and its outcome, and they should know what occurred over the last few months with regards to Trump's baseless claims of a wide scale voter fraud conspiracy.

There is no reason, whatsoever, to be in the dark about these things, other than wilfully doing so for a specific purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Tony EH wrote: »
    No. It just lying, and lying simply to keep hold to a narrative that's been built up in someone's head. It's lying to oneself and to others in an effort to keep a scenario alive. It's "bad faith" arguing at its most base level at this point.

We've been round the bloody houses time and time again over these silly touchstones and they've been smashed to bits each and every time. At this stage, anyone with a genuine interest knows about the investigation post 2016 and its outcome, and they should know what occurred over the last few months with regards to Trump's baseless claims of a wide scale voter fraud conspiracy.

There is no reason, whatsoever, to be in the dark about these things, other than wilfully doing so for a specific purpose.

This should be stickied with the OP of the thread at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Im already seen lots of regret online from Biden voters, he is turning out to be a swamp creature that is in hiding most of the time, Kamala is the one out in public while Biden the puppet breaks promise after promise, at this rate i expect Trumps popularity to grow month by month.
    I expect Biden will step aside sooner rather than later and Harris will officially take over, thats not what the public vote for, this will good for Trump as a legitimate president, not a pig in a poke like Harris.

I see only upside for Trump in the coming Biden/Harris administration and Trumps approval rating will skyrocket once we have a Harris/Buttigieg Whitehouse.
    The Dems are snookered one way or the other, Trump will be returned in a landslide next election, be as a republican or his own party.
    I expect more of the following to be common in the coming months
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nhm6VAIc90

Im already seen lots of regret online from Biden voters, he is turning out to be a swamp creature that is in hiding most of the time, Kamala is the one out in public while Biden the puppet breaks promise after promise, at this rate i expect Trumps popularity to grow month by month.
    I expect Biden will step aside sooner rather than later and Harris will officially take over, thats not what the public vote for, this will good for Trump as a legitimate president, not a pig in a poke like Harris.

I see only upside for Trump in the coming Biden/Harris administration and Trumps approval rating will skyrocket once we have a Harris/Buttigieg Whitehouse.
    The Dems are snookered one way or the other, Trump will be returned in a landslide next election, be as a republican or his own party.

Eh.... You're linking to Sky News Australia that was pushing pro Trump propaganda all of last year... So they're not the most credible of media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,827 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I'll see you a fact-free assertion and raise you 1. I'm seeing lots of love for Biden and what he's done, and I know he's polled better already in terms of satisfaction than the #IMPOTUS *ever* did. After barely more than a month.

And the 'he'll step aside' is proof by blatant assertion, you've not facts to back it up so I call bullsh1t. So, get over it, elections have consequences, Trump was the worst POTUS in history and the damage he did will take years to undo. Only one of 10 incumbents to lose reelection. Funny how the recent ones were all GOP.

We won't have him darkening the WH door again in any of our lifetimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh look, another "new" poster shìtting out the same buzz words and bullshìte as the last few "new" posters, even links to the same shìte sky Australia "news" items, Sure you might as well have thrown in an auld Tucker Carlson "news" story as well :pac:

You come across as a Trump supporter in every sense.

Poor spelling and grammar. Fake news about Biden supporters. Completely baseless nonsense about Trumps popularity. Veiled insult at the Vice President. Misunderstanding about election terminology. And pushing a propaganda news source.

Keep posting here. You're painting a very clear picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

Morto for ya

Im already seen lots of regret online from Biden voters...

And yet Biden's current approval rating is greater than Trump's ever was.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari/watch/joe-biden-reaches-higher-approval-rating-than-trump-ever-had-101120581661

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

What funny is how Biden's disapproval rating is perfectly in line with the floor of Trumps cultists that kept approving no matter what, be it child separation at the border, mocking dead soldiers, vetoing bipartisan arms embargoes to the saudis, having the economy cave in under him, epic failures in handling covid leading to the US accounting for about 20% of the global death total to which his attitude was "it is what it is", and finally trying to undo American democracy.

This same crowd would write off all the above with "orange man bad" and "Trump Derangement Syndrome" yet here they are all disapproving of Biden and pretending to be offended about things like a speech impediment.

It's equal parts pathetic and hilarious, and it applies to about a third of the US voting public:
    - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
    - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh look, another "new" poster shìtting out the same buzz words and bullshìte as the last few "new" posters, even links to the same shìte sky Australia "news" items, Sure you might as well have thrown in an auld Tucker Carlson "news" story as well :pac:

Mod:

Threadbanned when you come back from your holiday as you seem to be incapable of civil posting

Same Kellie Ann Conway nonsense.

When will the media learn?

https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/status/1363499967793553408?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What funny is how Biden's disapproval rating is perfectly in line with the floor of Trumps cultists that kept approving no matter what, be it child separation at the border, mocking dead soldiers, vetoing bipartisan arms embargoes to the saudis, having the economy cave in under him, epic failures in handling covid leading to the US accounting for about 20% of the global death total to which his attitude was "it is what it is", and finally trying to undo American democracy.

This same crowd would write off all the above with "orange man bad" and "Trump Derangement Syndrome" yet here they are all disapproving of Biden and pretending to be offended about things like a speech impediment.

It's equal parts pathetic and hilarious, and it applies to about a third of the US voting public:
    - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
    - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

I've been saying it for a while - the US needs to seriously look at its education system. You'll also have the crazy element anywhere, but the fact that such a high percentage of the US population is happy to buy into Trump's nonsense is very worrying indeed.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I've been saying it for a while - the US needs to seriously look at its education system. You'll also have the crazy element anywhere, but the fact that such a high percentage of the US population is happy to buy into Trump's nonsense is very worrying indeed.

Some people are just gullible though and easily manipulated. Can education completely solve this? I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

everlast75 wrote: »

What is with those types having to do pieces to camera in front of their guns, I saw Lauren Boebert doing it the other day, is it a need to compensate for something? It's like they can't rely on the conviction of their words and need to show how 'strong' they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

duploelabs wrote: »
    What is with those types having to do pieces to camera in front of their guns, I saw Lauren Boebert doing it the other day, is it a need to compensate for something? It's like they can't rely on the conviction of their words and need to show how 'strong' they are

It's probably to appeal to other gun owners. There are real fears in the US that Biden is going to try to implement gun law changes so it is probably a way to show that they are against such changes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's not just that - Look at the change in the Don Jr. image over the last few years.

Before Dad went into Politics he looked like an extra from American Psycho - Slicked back hair , expensive suit etc.

Steadily though his image has evolved , Open neck plaid shirts , beard , talking about "Huntin', Shootin', Fishin'" etc.

So hiding his true self (Classic "Entitled Douche" American Corporate look) and projecting this "I'm a regular "middle American" guy.

Incredibly transparent , but it would appear to work on a large number of people.

And they all do it , the ability for people in the US to utterly reinvent themselves to chase the money and or Votes seemingly without consequence is amazing to me.

See - Kayleigh McEnany , Candace Owens et al for other examples of total persona 180's that they see to have gotten free passes on.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It's not just that - Look at the change in the Don Jr. image over the last few years.

Before Dad went into Politics he looked like an extra from American Psycho - Slicked back hair , expensive suit etc.

Steadily though his image has evolved , Open neck plaid shirts , beard , talking about "Huntin', Shootin', Fishin'" etc.

So hiding his true self (Classic "Entitled Douche" American Corporate look) and projecting this "I'm a regular "middle American" guy.

Incredibly transparent , but it would appear to work on a large number of people.

And they all do it , the ability for people in the US to utterly reinvent themselves to chase the money and or Votes seemingly without consequence is amazing to me.

See - Kayleigh McEnany , Candace Owens et al for other examples of total persona 180's that they see to have gotten free passes on.
    You forgot about the metamorphosis of Tucker Carlson to that list

• Advertisement

He made it through a whole 46 second clips without a single loud sniffle, though by the looks of it the damage has already been done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,515 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Don't do drugs kids.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1363861445818142720?s=19

He is f***ed. No doubt there'll be a leak. Looking forward to it.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1363861445818142720?s=19

He is f***ed. No doubt there'll be a leak. Looking forward to it.

This is the part of that Simpson 'the joy of sect' episode when the escape ufo craft disintegrates showing what's actually there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't think anyone should be declaring Trump's f*ckedness ahead of time, because it's one law for the powerful and another law for the rest of us.

briany wrote: »
    I don't think anyone should be declaring Trump's f*ckedness ahead of time, because it's one law for the powerful and another law for the rest of us.

Indeed but it will at least destroy his image as a successful businessman and we know that's all he cares about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭briany

Indeed but it will at least destroy his image as a successful businessman and we know that's all he cares about.

Destroy it in who's eyes? Those critical of Trump are already aware he's filed for bankruptcy a number of times and deliberately inflates his assets so to make the Forbes rich list and so on. So that's preaching to the choir. Those who support Trump just shrug off everything that would make the man look bad. If it even makes their news feeds, it would probably be to say the story is fake news.

Therefore, the situation will make almost no difference to the shape of the ideological battle lines. Now, if this process could prevent him from running for office again, that's a lot more interesting, but I have the feeling it'll get bogged down even if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Boebert is an absolute parody for gun nuts in the US. She owns a restaurant called 'Shooters' in a town called 'Rifle', Colorado where her and all her waitresses walk around open carrying weapons as they serve tables. Check out the menu where you can order such dishes as the 'M-16 Burrito' and 'Ballistic Chicken'
    https://shootersgrill.com/pages/our-menus
    Its like something straight out of South Park

Anyway this Sunday sees the return of Trump with his first public speech since the Janruary 6th riots. He is due to address the main conservative conference CPAC where he will talk about the future of the Republican Party. Mike Pompeo is also due to speak. Mike Pence was invited to speak but declined the invitation, likely afraid that the Trump crowd would shout him down as a traitor. Reports say he plans to keep a very low profile for at least the next six months.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Boebert is an absolute parody for gun nuts in the US. She owns a restaurant called 'Shooters' in a town called 'Rifle', Colorado where her and all her waitresses walk around open carrying weapons as they serve tables. Check out the menu where you can order such dishes as the 'M-16 Burrito' and 'Ballistic Chicken'
    https://shootersgrill.com/pages/our-menus
    Its like something straight out of South Park

Anyway this Sunday sees the return of Trump with his first public speech since the Janruary 6th riots. He is due to address the main conservative conference CPAC where he will talk about the future of the Republican Party. Mike Pompeo is also due to speak. Mike Pence was invited to speak but declined the invitation, likely afraid that the Trump crowd would shout him down as a traitor. Reports say he plans to keep a very low profile for at least the next six months.

you mean shoot?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

briany wrote: »

Of that there is no doubt , but I think the fact that New York have brought in Mark Pomerantz as a "Special Attroney" is extremely telling.

That guy is the absolute expert on RICO laws both as a DA and as a defence attorney. As a DA he prosecuted John Gotti and then went in to the Private sector where he defended Mafiso's against RICO charges

He has been brought in to harden up a RICO case against Trump et al . His experience on both sides of the bench in this area is unsurpassed - There's no other reason to add him.

If the plan is to go after him using RICO , then the "one rule for the rich/powerful" probably no longer applies.

• Advertisement

whiney little SOB isn't he?

Always was, always will be.
    The statement reads like a series of tweets he previously would have written.

Mueller, Cuomo, the Tea Party, the Supreme Court, the state attorneys, Democrats, the IRS, they're all against him.

He says the investigations are an attempt to stop the nearly 75M who voted for him. Stop them from what Donald? They're not being investigated, you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

He really is. He's a spoiled brat and yet people look up to that.

You're too kind actually....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Field east

Is the last paragraph the beginning of a CALL to ARMS ? -ACT 2. It sounds like very familiar to the kind of rhetoric that leas d to the storming of The Capitol on Jan 6th last

The levels of projection about prosecutors and AGs considering he basically described William Barrs role in the White House to a tee, is absolutely glorious. :pac:

Field east wrote: »
    Is the last paragraph the beginning of a CALL to ARMS ? -ACT 2. It sounds like very familiar to the kind of rhetoric that leas d to the storming of The Capitol on Jan 6th last

It's a mess of a paragraph.

'I will fight on, just as I have, for the last 5 years (and even before I was successfully elected) despite all of the election crimes that were committed against me. We will win.'

The comma after the word 'have' is redundant and breaks the tone of what he was trying to say. The end of that sentence from the word 'despite' onwards should have either been included within the brackets or have been the sole part of the text in brackets.

The reference to election crimes in this paragraph shows just how distracted his mind is and aside from the last sentence being false, used within a paragraph where there were 3 references to him in the singular first person, this is once again jagged and out of place.

There's no doubt he wrote or narrated this statement to someone who did zero clean up of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I get the feeling he posted that just after he got out of a meeting with his cabinet where he was told the exact opposite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement