Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Having a coffee here ,with two little apple song things with fresh cream . Didn't eat any dessert at all over Christmas!
    There's four left if anyone would like one :)

I'll have one Mam and a Vaccine if you have that too.:D Finishing the Thorntons chocolates here and then the chinese leftovers from last night. I'm soooo classy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Chilling out, watching Dr Who having last nights Chinese leftovers, bottle of wine open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,955 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'll have one Mam and a Vaccine if you have that too.:D Finishing the Thorntons chocolates here and then the chinese leftovers from last night. I'm soooo classy.:D

Lol I can deliver one but not the other G , sadly !
    Also had last night's Chinese leftovers earlier, waste not want not !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feck the lot of ye i'd love a takeaway now!

Had to make my own tae *stares daggers at Seph*

I was ignored as well Grem :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Is this thing unglitched yet :D It’s getting rather annoying now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Autosport wrote: »
    Is this thing unglitched yet :D It’s getting rather annoying now

Feckin traffic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭global23214124

Watching Raw on the RTE player. Have today and the weekend off so will be watching ****e TV for a couple of days :rolleyes:

My couch will have separation anxiety on Monday.☺️

The glitch is a total pain Auto.

One of the things that I really hate about lockdown is the silence outside at night , I like to hear traffic when I go outside but its eerily quiet , it just doesn't seem right. I have to say the covid numbers are very worrying now, I'd stopped listening to them recently but it was very serious tonight, I just make sure myself, my kids and my parents stay safe but even at that I'd be concerned now if anyone needs to go to a hospital. I'd say they're going to announce stricter rules, not sure what they might be tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My couch will have separation anxiety on Monday.☺️

The glitch is a total pain Auto.

One of the things that I really hate about lockdown is the silence outside at night , I like to hear traffic when I go outside but its eerily quiet , it just doesn't seem right. I have to say the covid numbers are very worrying now, I'd stopped listening to them recently but it was very serious tonight, I just make sure myself, my kids and my parents stay safe but even at that I'd be concerned now if anyone needs to go to a hospital. I'd say they're going to announce stricter rules, not sure what they might be tbh.

That was my fear back in March, what happens if you needed A&E etc.

I'm dubious schools will be back on the 11th. I feel for exam years. I remember 6th year and everyone was knackered, so this extra stress is far from helpful, especially as 5th year was a write off.

I also feel for 1st year college, all the parties they are missing etc. It really is a balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

kinda concerned with the high numbers of covid cases in the last few days, I'd say stricter measures will be put in place as one poster said, and when I go back to work next week, I'll be asked to wear masks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had to make my own tae *stares daggers at Seph*

Sorry gremlin 😸😸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

kinda concerned with the high numbers of covid cases in the last few days, I'd say stricter measures will be put in place as one poster said, and when I go back to work next week, I'll be asked to wear masks

We have had to wear masks in work since mid November. Never thought I would get used to it but you do. Something lovely about getting into the car in the evening and just whipping it off!!!

Sorry gremlin 😸😸

And where is my apology?? :p

Samsgirl wrote: »
    We have had to wear masks in work since mid November. Never thought I would get used to it but you do. Something lovely about getting into the car in the evening and just whipping it off!!!

Ahh ok, it is a lovely feeling taking it off after being in a shop, will see what happens next week. Only my *co-workers wear masks at the moment

*details changed slightly, as I want to keep myself more anonymous this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I decided tonight to take a hot water bottle to bed for the first time in years. Can barely handle this cold weather.

Anyway, decided to be clever and wrapped my pjs in it to warm them too. Put it in the bed and headed to the bathroom. Cleaned my teeth and face and came back into my bedroom. Put on my pjs and pulled back the duvet to discover first pair of pjs wrapped around the hot water bottle.

Yes, I think I am officially old and doddery.

But hey, I also got proposed to today. Had to turn him down though coz he wants kids and I don't want any more oh and he's a strict Muslim who doesn't like me drinking. It's why we broke up almost 4 years ago and are just friends. Still, was
    nice to start the year off with a hot, Turkish Pep Guardiola look a like declaring his love.

A proposal?? Happy new year eh?. ;) Good to hear from you Witchie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hey Witchie, great to see you back in here, take are of yourself and stay away from strange men :)

12 days go so fast, Nespresso then off to the airport and back to work. No idea how long this rotation shall be, best estimates 48 days ish. But as we will be vaccinated on the 15th, this may change.

Mutt has gone for a walk, he won’t be impressed to find me gone when he gets back.

You're sneaking out on mutt?? That time did seem to go awful fast though..

• Advertisement

A proposal?? Happy new year eh?. ;) Good to hear from you Witchie

Starting off as I mean to go on by refusing half measures in love. He only wants me for my irresistible charm coz he is lonely. :D

Call me a cynic in my old age, but be aware of strangers seeking passports :):)

smurfjed wrote: »

The cynic in me says the last four words aren't even needed!.

smurfjed wrote: »

It's actually me that needs his. He has a Malaysian permanent resident visa and offered to marry me before so I could stay. He has the option of moving to Ireland already thanks to his business but it's too cold here for him. But he did say he would move here for me.

I am very wary of passport seekers. But if I can get the visa I want, I am a bit more amenable to the notion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Grandeeod wrote: »

You can have my vaccine... Too dangerous as my immune system died the death.

Feeling very lonely when I post here, but very very glad to be safe out here . Although c has got nearer even here. nasty creeping evil

Actually have a weekend off, but nothing to do with it!
    So, will take it easy I guess, get the shopping in for the new healthy eating regime, starts Monday.

Skating around, glad I brought my studs for the stomp later.

Morning all :) Mutt won’t be happy when he gets home Smurf, I hope you left him loads of treats ;)

Good to see you Witche :)

It’s a cool one here so far and I must venture out in it to do some shopping, food just seems to disappear :D

I had a proposal once...

I suppose I should get up :p

• Advertisement

Mutt won’t be happy when he gets home Smurf, I hope you left him loads of treats
    he was back before I left so was able to give me dirty looks. Wife has banned him from human made treats, she now only gives him frozen chicken feet, gotta admit that he looks healthier and lighter these days.

I suppose I should get up :p

But baby it's cold outside..😛

I feel beyond virtuous, I went for my first proper walk in about 3 weeks and it was lovely but omg the rubbish. I went through a lovely off road route by a stream, it's a bit secluded so I only do it if I see others ahead of me, the stream is packed with cans, bottles etc. It's a shame and its regularly cleaned by the locals but there must be some serious partying going on there atm. There are bunches of daffodils on one side , all fully grown and will be gorgeous when they eventually bloom .
    My Fitbit which probably presumed I was comatose recently is back in full fitness mode and might be f*ed out the window soon I did just under 10k steps and it's poking (ooh matron) me since , I will walk to the shop now just to shut it up, annoying little git of a thing.

Tonight feels like my last real holiday night, will have to set alarm again tomorrow night and for the week so I'm intending on indulging later in food / drink and staying up late , I'll be like a serpent again tomorrow night and I'm already worried about the icy roads next week...wherefore art thou lotto God and why have you forsaken Duvet. 😂

Graces7 wrote: »
    You can have my vaccine... Too dangerous as my immune system died the death.

Feeling very lonely when I post here, but very very glad to be safe out here . Although c has got nearer even here. nasty creeping evil

Sorry. said that wrong.. I di dnto mean lonely but that as I don't get here often any more I feel an outside..

Sorry. said that wrong.. I di dnto mean lonely but that as I don't get here often any more I feel an outside..

I feel that way too sometimes on this thread Grace. I didn't used to but a lot of the people I used to have the craic with have stopped posting. If you have a different view point or don't take part in some of the common discourse then its easy to feel left out. That's why I don't post here as much any more.

Couchside, am not up very long myself :o

Gonna do some admin for the afternoon, I recently changed email providers (from Hotmail and Gmail) so I'm forwarding all my old emails to my Gmail address

Nice to see you back Witche:)

I’m still the same as ever :D Which can be a blessing or a Torment :D

My local forest car park was and still is full, cars parked everywhere, wouldn’t think there was a lockdown happening :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal on the couch, reading a good book and planning to get started building a Lego set my OH got me as part of my Christmas presents. :)

I had a proposal once...

It was hilarious! roflol!!!!!!!!!! Now I cannot stop laughing! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

too tired to tell now.

am delighted that casualty is back on TV tonight, after being off-air for months due to covid, that's my TV tonight sorted :D

• Advertisement

Just back from the shop, decided to put my money where my mouth is and bought a quickpick with plus for tonight, 6e!! I never do the Irish one always the euromillions which is 3.50 , if I don't win big there will be trouble. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,955 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting in the car watching the changing colours in the sky as the sun starts to set , beautiful .
    Cry Me A River on the radio , homeward bound in a minute :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

There’s some amazing pink clouds over Wales!
    I’m clearing up after an early dinner and going to have a drink with some pals over Zoom.
    Call is at 7, but I'm a bit thirsty now, so might have a pre-drinks drink!

I'm doing a make up cull. Got some new stuff for christmas and I just have too much. Sure where would I be wearing it to anyway, with the way things are?? So...goodbye old friends!

Listening to spotify, my most listened to music of 2020. It's very random. One minute it's playing Norah Jones, the next Rage Against the Machine. I don't know what mood to be in!

Up and ready to trundle. Did I miss much?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm doing a make up cull. Got some new stuff for christmas and I just have too much. Sure where would I be wearing it to anyway, with the way things are?? So...goodbye old friends!
    Supposedly women should do that frequently because make up harbours bacteria. Especially mascara they say.
    It's a good habit to get into regularly washing your brushes and sponges too, and tanning mitts.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Supposedly women should do that frequently because make up harbours bacteria. Especially mascara they say.
    It's a good habit to get into regularly washing your brushes and sponges too, and tanning mitts.

Yup very true PM! I'm very particular about mascaras and lip stuff and replace them really regulary. I'm bad with eye shadow palettes though. They're just so expensive!! But I do clean my brushes all the time. I actually quite like doing it. It's really satisfying. So I'm always applying my eyeshadow with a clean brush and keep the palette itself clean and always closed, never lying open. In saying that I'm after throwing out two insanely expensive palettes cause I just don't wear them and I've had them a good while. And truthfully I'm just not that bothered with that level of make up these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Yup very true PM! I'm very particular about mascaras and lip stuff and replace them really regulary. I'm bad with eye shadow palettes though. They're just so expensive!! But I do clean my brushes all the time. I actually quite like doing it. It's really satisfying. So I'm always applying my eyeshadow with a clean brush and keep the palette itself clean and always closed, never lying open. In saying that I'm after throwing out two insanely expensive palettes cause I just don't wear them and I've had them a good while. And truthfully I'm just not that bothered with that level of make up these days.
    I'd say there are very little buying lipsticks these days with mask wearing.
    I haven't worn any at all since mask wearing.
    I love cleaning make up brushes too, it's calming or something. Gosh, I realise how boring I am!

To thine own self be true

I'd say there are very little buying lipsticks these days with mask wearing.
    I haven't worn any at all since mask wearing.
    I love waking make up brushes too, it's calming or something. Gosh, I realise how boring I am!

Heeeeyy!!! You're calling me boring too! :D:D
    Yeah lipstick manufacturing must be hit hard. I'm not much for lipstick anyway. But I love a good lip butter. I'm using one at the mo from lush called honey trap. I recommend! it's unreal and my lips have never been softer and it smells so good! And bonus - cruelty free!

Lip balm is as far as i go, ever.. Do wipe the top off it every so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Well ladies, I'm on a Nivea for men buzz!:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement