Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Lovely film ^Flight of the Navigator^ pure Disney fantasy, but not to be confused with reality!

Today, it has just been announced that the US Government will release unclassified details of all UAP encounters and sightings within 180 days, which should take us up to early July.....

That really will be fascinating to finally have some meat put on the UAP bones, so to speak :)

Link:
    http://news.sky.com/story/ufo-report-set-to-be-released-as-a-result-of-us-emergency-relief-bill-12179740

Hopefully some detailed pics and solid proof of UAPs finally in the pipeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Elizondo, Mellon and Justice have left To The Stars Academy with the aim of putting their efforts into "second gear". Many would argue that their association with Delonge had them in reverse but it cannot be denied that their work over the last couple of years have made the topic less ridiculous to speak out about.

Star Academy people, most of them are former CIA. Very likely, the CIA sanctioning this move. I have a strong feeling; the CIA wants some military/congress budget money? It not cheap, it actually, very expensive to operate UFO projects secretly and privately, and hide this knowledge from the public. Plus, the US military is unsure if it’s a threat to the world. American fighters pilots are reporting to the chain of command, they see flying machines; the object are going across the sky, at Mach 6 and 7 ( beyond supersonic) The G- forces would kill a human being. There always a possibility some craft are probes, and nobody's flying them at all..

CIA/ UFO disclosure i very much doubt we be told Roswell UFO crash real, but I love to be wrong! Revelation may not be a good and pleasant story. We may learn the universe is just as troubled as earth, with bad and good guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

More news coming tomorrow in the form of a UFO case featuring a video and trace materials, according to Lt. Tim McMillan. Hopefully it's a decent quality video.
    https://twitter.com/LtTimMcMillan/status/1346503153190105090?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭COVID

More news coming tomorrow in the form of a UFO case featuring a video and trace materials, according to Lt. Tim McMillan. Hopefully it's a decent quality video.
    https://twitter.com/LtTimMcMillan/status/1346503153190105090?s=20

I believe the video is to include an exclusive interview with a real-life Martian who mumbles: 'We come in peace'', but with a slight Texan twang.
    Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,163 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Problem with the UFO theories is that any advanced civilisation would be so far ahead of us that they would surely have the technology to make themselves invisible. We think of aliens in too lateral terms and as if they would have the same levels of intelligence as us : if they could travel across galaxies at speed (or send remote controlled vehicles here), they would be way ahead of humans in intelligence.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Strazdas wrote: »
    Problem with the UFO theories is that any advanced civilisation would be so far ahead of us that they would surely have the technology to make themselves invisible. We think of aliens in too lateral terms and as if they would have the same levels of intelligence as us : if they could travel across galaxies at speed (or send remote controlled vehicles here), they would be way ahead of humans in intelligence.

i doubt anyone thinks that in fairness, for them to travel here they are thousands, even millions of years ahead of us in development, we are not even a type 1 civilization yet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale#:~:text=The%20scale%20has%20three%20designated,scale%20of%20its%20planetary%20system.

that is a class video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

Yes, I have seen a UFO, or maybe more an unidentified object/light, was out sailing,
    turned out it was Mars, in fairness wasn't looking for a UFO, thought it was a light on a ship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,163 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

bangkok wrote: »
    i doubt anyone thinks that in fairness, for them to travel here they are thousands, even millions of years ahead of us in development, we are not even a type 1 civilization yet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale#:~:text=The%20scale%20has%20three%20designated,scale%20of%20its%20planetary%20system.

But in that case, we wouldn't even be able to see them (unless they wanted us to see them). They presumably would have the technology to make themselves invisible to the human eye. They could even be here among us and we wouldn't have a clue.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    But in that case, we wouldn't even be able to see them (unless they wanted us to see them). They presumably would have the technology to make themselves invisible to the human eye. They could even be here among us and we wouldn't have a clue.

to be honest, i doubt they even care about us are are only interested in their own interests.

Ants are smart, the last the you walked over an ant hole did you explain to Ants about quantum physics or why it gets dark at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭COVID

to be honest, i doubt they even care about us are are only interested in their own interests.

Ants are smart, the last the you walked over an ant hole did you explain to Ants about quantum physics or why it gets dark at night?

I have indeed tried to communicate with both the Lizard people and Ant people.
    After a couple of sherries you'll oft see me standing over an ant hole exclaiming:
    'Well, I'm standing here looking at you, what do I see?
    I'm looking straight through.
    It's so sad when you're young to be told you're having fun.
    So unplug the jukebox and do us all a favour, that music's lost its taste so try another flavour.''

They never respond.

https://youtu.be/5f-IdvlMvpI
    New Robert Bigelow interview
    "Bigelow: "We were involved in...a crash retrieval incident & to our satisfaction we verified that that did occur. Stanton Friedman, another crash retrieval incident, we verified that that occurred & both of these were in New Mexico. And the 1st one wasn't the Roswell incident".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

One of my favourite UFO stories told by a very believable and sane English women. Hard not to believe....

Thought I would share

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jmlad2020 wrote: »

One of my favourite UFO stories told by a very believable and sane English women. Hard not to believe....

Thought I would share

:confused:

don't know about that "a mexican hat flown by beautiful people with golden hair"

think she may had a few too many sherries that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭maccored

anyone who believes they have had a UFO experience in Ireland should look at this thread - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058154769

While I believe life to be somewhat common in our galaxy, I think intelligent life is exceedingly rare and fragile. Because of this, plus the significant time and space barriers, I consider it unlikely that we have been visited by any intelligent aliens, UFOs.

Just my hunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

It's amazing how these UFO sitings frequently happen right next to military R&D facilities where they might have been testing experimental aviation technology for aircraft, drones, missiles etc etc.

There were clusters of UFO sitings in the US that turned out to be tests of stealth aircraft or prototypes and components of it. You can also be sure that in several countries, particularly anywhere with a big aviation sector like the US but also several European countries, that there are inevitably tests of technologies for various projects both military and civilian.

If you consider that we have consumer drones now, they likely had military drones of sorts decades ago.

All of those devices would have the phones hopping to UFO podcasts and radio shows and the forums lighting up.

I believe that there is other life out there in space as it's just too vast for us to even comprehend. We exist so why shouldn't they? We'd be the aliens to them. Now i don't think we'll be sitting down and having chats over cups of teas anytime soon but they're out there certainly.

Maybe there's planets out there that have mega fauna just roaming about doing their thing? Bacteria? It doesn't have to have them all zooming about in spaceships.

It's amazing how these UFO sitings frequently happen right next to military R&D facilities where they might have been testing experimental aviation technology for aircraft, drones, missiles etc etc.

There were clusters of UFO sitings in the US that turned out to be tests of stealth aircraft or prototypes and components of it. You can also be sure that in several countries, particularly anywhere with a big aviation sector like the US but also several European countries, that there are inevitably tests of technologies for various projects both military and civilian.

If you consider that we have consumer drones now, they likely had military drones of sorts decades ago.

All of those devices would have the phones hopping to UFO podcasts and radio shows and the forums lighting up.

Just a thought but if anyone knows anything about "UFOs" it's the military.

If you chose to believe everything they say and not question things ok. But that is the definition of a simpleton. They have secrets they don't want the public to know of all kinds and have been proven to feed the public with bull**** time and time again.

"It was a military test balloon folks" ok I'm sure that's what it was buddy because you don't want people knowing there may be Alien/Russian/Chinese craft out there somewhere that they cannot match nor defend against.

There is a lot we don't know and no one can definitely say what is really going on.

• Advertisement

It's a bit depressing to think that if we do eventually detect another civilisation, for example if SETI picks up some kind of signal or just noise that is unequivocally from an alien intelligence, it's very likely that it will be so far away that we will simply never be able to return it.

It could well end up that we know there's something out there somewhere, but that all we ever see is some radio or other EM wave transmission or noise from some artificial process from perhaps hundreds of thousands or even millions of years ago. It could even be a civilisation that long since disappeared.

I would suspect there's a strong possibility we'll find life in the solar system too, but it'll be something like pond scum on one of Jupiter's moons. It would still be an enormously big break through that would mean that we could at least know that perhaps life is a lot more common a phenomenon than just some freak accident on Earth, but it isn't likely that it will lead to any chats.

The whole Star Trek type idea of alien civilisations that all just have slightly different foreheads is entertaining, but that's all it is. It has more in common with our own history of earthly exploration and discover, odysseys into unknown parts of our own planet, than it has with any kind of possible reality.

If we were to ever encounter any kind of life from elsewhere it could be completely unrecognisable to us or at least extremely unlikely to be able to interact with us.

It could also be tiny or huge depending on how scale works. It might be entirely artificial intelligence.

Then you also have to consider that we exist as part of an extremely interconnected planetary scale biological system that has co-evolved with us. So, there's no reason to assume that either our microorganisms like bacteria, fungi and similar, or alien equivalents wouldn't simply just see "yum yum raw materials!" and destroy the biology from the other system. It's quite likely that we'd have no defenses in the form of evolved immune systems against some alien microbes deciding that your building blocks were dinner and the same could well happen the other way around too.

I mean imagine we go visit the Klingon homeworld and they're all turned to sludge by something as innocuous as the mould from a cheese sandwich.

Then if you take something 'simple' like food. We eat plants and animals and have complex systems that are evolved to process them down to sources of raw materials and energy.

If you had to eat something that had evolved somewhere else, it could be as useful to you as eating plastic as there wouldn't necessarily be any recognisable or useful proteins or amino-acids or any of those things.

Before all of that, you also have to get past the seeming impossibility of going faster than the speed of light, which, certainly with our current understanding of physics, is impossible if it behaves as predicted in Einstein's Theories of Relativity.

So, all in all it seems highly unlikely that sitting down and having chats with aliens is very likely anytime soon.

Just a thought but if anyone knows anything about "UFOs" it's the military.

If you chose to believe everything they say and not question things ok. But that is the definition of a simpleton. They have secrets they don't want the public to know of all kinds and have been proven to feed the public with bull**** time and time again.

"It was a military test balloon folks" ok I'm sure that's what it was buddy because you don't want people knowing there may be Alien/Russian/Chinese craft out there somewhere that they cannot match nor defend against.

There is a lot we don't know and no one can definitely say what is really going on.

Sure they allegedly flew the original Stealth Bomber and similar aircraft in test flights over cities in the US, specifically to see if there would be UFO reports or similar as it was important to know how they would be seen in a real situation where they had to fly over an urban area or how they might be detected by civilian radar etc etc.

The reason the US and other militaries were always keen to record UFO reports is quite simply that people will spot interesting stuff and it may well be that something they report is highly useful either in terms of some programme they were running, or actually spotting enemy aircraft, drones etc etc

They were never really intended to be some grand conspiracy theory or anything about aliens. It's just day-to-day stuff.

A UFO to the military is just that - an unidentified flying object. They don't mean aliens, just possibly something they might what to check out.

You could also speculate that it was probably more useful, especially during the Cold War days, to have all the paranoid types chasing little green men in flying saucers than taking and publishing photographs of actually sensitive equipment that they may not have wanted the USSR getting sight of.

Put up a few weather balloons and keep them focused elsewhere :)

Most of this stuff is probably quite mundane defence technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

While I believe life to be somewhat common in our galaxy, I think intelligent life is exceedingly rare and fragile. Because of this, plus the significant time and space barriers, I consider it unlikely that we have been visited by any intelligent aliens, UFOs.

Just my hunch.

I'm inclined to agree with this.

The maths of it says, there absolutely is other intelligent in the Universe, probably this galaxy. The maths of it also says there is basically zero chance of any of them having visited Earth.

Outside of the maths, typical human arrogance kicks in. Only we assume that anyone else would have the slightest interest in us or what we're doing.

On the flip side, we spend our scientific resources looking for Earth like worlds in distant places, seeking carbon based lifeforms that breathe oxygen and nitrogen. Our counterparts could be silicon based worms that live in a sulphurous ooze, but we'll never find out....

https://youtu.be/YNmsEb52rw0

Interesting phenomena in Texas and New Mexico the last few days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Balcurris

I havent read most of the thread but what do people think of travis Walton, they made a film on his "abduction" fire in the sky I believe it was called. He was on JRE podcast recently and I wasnt impressed by his testimony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Was that a shadow?

It's a bit depressing to think that if we do eventually detect another civilisation, for example if SETI picks up some kind of signal or just noise that is unequivocally from an alien intelligence, it's very likely that it will be so far away that we will simply never be able to return it.

It could well end up that we know there's something out there somewhere, but that all we ever see is some radio or other EM wave transmission or noise from some artificial process from perhaps hundreds of thousands or even millions of years ago. It could even be a civilisation that long since disappeared.

I would suspect there's a strong possibility we'll find life in the solar system too, but it'll be something like pond scum on one of Jupiter's moons. It would still be an enormously big break through that would mean that we could at least know that perhaps life is a lot more common a phenomenon than just some freak accident on Earth, but it isn't likely that it will lead to any chats.

The whole Star Trek type idea of alien civilisations that all just have slightly different foreheads is entertaining, but that's all it is. It has more in common with our own history of earthly exploration and discover, odysseys into unknown parts of our own planet, than it has with any kind of possible reality.

If we were to ever encounter any kind of life from elsewhere it could be completely unrecognisable to us or at least extremely unlikely to be able to interact with us.

It could also be tiny or huge depending on how scale works. It might be entirely artificial intelligence.

Then you also have to consider that we exist as part of an extremely interconnected planetary scale biological system that has co-evolved with us. So, there's no reason to assume that either our microorganisms like bacteria, fungi and similar, or alien equivalents wouldn't simply just see "yum yum raw materials!" and destroy the biology from the other system. It's quite likely that we'd have no defenses in the form of evolved immune systems against some alien microbes deciding that your building blocks were dinner and the same could well happen the other way around too.

I mean imagine we go visit the Klingon homeworld and they're all turned to sludge by something as innocuous as the mould from a cheese sandwich.

Then if you take something 'simple' like food. We eat plants and animals and have complex systems that are evolved to process them down to sources of raw materials and energy.

If you had to eat something that had evolved somewhere else, it could be as useful to you as eating plastic as there wouldn't necessarily be any recognisable or useful proteins or amino-acids or any of those things.

Before all of that, you also have to get past the seeming impossibility of going faster than the speed of light, which, certainly with our current understanding of physics, is impossible if it behaves as predicted in Einstein's Theories of Relativity.

So, all in all it seems highly unlikely that sitting down and having chats with aliens is very likely anytime soon.

id say its more likely they have the ability to bend space and time and just "pop" into wherever they need to go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Balcurris wrote: »
    I havent read most of the thread but what do people think of travis Walton, they made a film on his "abduction" fire in the sky I believe it was called. He was on JRE podcast recently and I wasnt impressed by his testimony.

They were behind on clearing that patch of wood and it was coming up to the winter so they weren't going to be paid until the following spring. So the guys made up that story faked the disappearance and got their money. It was a scam and Walton has made a ton of money out of it every since. It's a great story and fair play but it was obviously a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭maccored

If aliens figured out and refined quantum entanglement they might well overcome the issue of distance

Amazing footage if real. Can't authenticate this though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The Aliens are a very timid bunch. How come they never say hello? They always seem to be seen by nobodies with bad cameras?

How come with all the archeologists digging around the planet, we haven't found any artifacts from Alien's yet? Like I would imagine the Titanium used to keep those UFO's intact, when buzzing around the Galaxy at the speed of light, would need to be fairly strong Titanium? I would have thought that we would have found some pretty serious UFO scrap at this stage, especially considering the amount of sightings.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The Aliens are a very timid bunch. How come they never say hello? They always seem to be seen by nobodies with bad cameras?

How come with all the archeologists digging around the planet, we haven't found any artifacts from Alien's yet? Like I would imagine the Titanium used to keep those UFO's intact, when buzzing around the Galaxy at the speed of light, would need to be fairly strong Titanium? I would have thought that we would have found some pretty serious UFO scrap at this stage, especially considering the amount of sightings.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pentagon-ufo-alloys-program-recover-material-unidentified-flying-objects-not-recognise-us-government-a8117801.html

'US government recovered materials from unidentified flying object it 'does not recognise'

Now they want to get rid of my Adblocker... and they want a euro?

Why can't they just fly over the Aviva on Saturday before the match and beep their Titanium horn like every other UFO does?

De de de de duh duuuuuuuuh.

They need to stop phucking around with all those poor loners with bad cameras, everyone just thinks they are spoofers crying wolf, it's not fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

I would find this hard to believe, the whole idea of novel metal or materials. Any material is going to be formed of different combinations of protons and neutrons, even if materials dont exist for us here, they can speculatively be formed or imagined just by changing the number of protons and neutrons on paper. Now possibly some Alien creature somewhere may live in conditions or know of industrial methods and processes or conditions that can let them form or create novel alloys or materials, but we would most likely be able to recognise what is in them.

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/cDQa40B9Lxo

Were you as uncomfortable as Elon when you wrote that? ;-)

https://youtu.be/cDQa40B9Lxo

Were you as uncomfortable as Elon when you wrote that? ;-)

Great minds think alike.

Now they want to get rid of my Adblocker... and they want a euro?

Why can't they just fly over the Aviva on Saturday before the match and beep their Titanium horn like every other UFO does?

De de de de duh duuuuuuuuh.

They need to stop phucking around with all those poor loners with bad cameras, everyone just thinks they are spoofers crying wolf, it's not fair.

next time a plane fly's over your house, go out with our camera and see what way it looks

next time a plane fly's over your house, go out with our camera and see what way it looks

Can you recommend a good camera for taking pictures of planes with?

Is it possible I could focus a motion device on the roof of my gaff that would initiate the camera to take pickies of any objects flying around high in the sky?

I just think that if we reach out to the Aliens more they might generate the balls to actually try to communicate with us.

I mean isn't anybody becoming a little bit frustrated with all these abductions? Let's be straight here, if I abducted someone and carried out medical experiments on them and then left them roaming alone in the desert somewhere I could probably get arrested?

How come they never return their abductees in full view of everyone else, I mean it is the least they could do after conducting all those experiments on them? Especially the way that they manage to heal all the entry scars and use special telepathic surgery. Why don't they drop them in the middle of Time Square or Nelson's Pillar?

De De duh duh duuuuuuuuuh.

Can you recommend a good camera for taking pictures of planes with?

Is it possible I could focus a motion device on the roof of my gaff that would initiate the camera to take pickies of any objects flying around high in the sky?

I just think that if we reach out to the Aliens more they might generate the balls to actually try to communicate with us.

I mean isn't anybody becoming a little bit frustrated with all these abductions? Let's be straight here, if I abducted someone and carried out medical experiments on them and then left them roaming alone in the desert somewhere I could probably get arrested?

How come they never return their abductees in full view of everyone else, I mean it is the least they could do after conducting all those experiments on them? Especially the way that they manage to heal all the entry scars and use special telepathic surgery. Why don't they drop them in the middle of Time Square or Nelson's Pillar?

De De duh duh duuuuuuuuuh.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29342407

the day ufos stopped football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I don't know. Seems pretty lucky to be just filming out the window, and a UFO appears. The "Oh Shít" comment from that lady is also off, she's started saying it before it ever appears.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Can there be some kind of analysis to see if it's fake?

But yeah,very tic tac.

If Flying saucers were the best way to get around the planet.... how come we don't fly any aircraft in similar fashion?

What makes the Flying saucer so dynamic and durable?

Don't tell me, they are using nifty solar inductive tech... that transfers to kinetic energy to help propel the saucer? Probably the same tech they use to energize their abductees to and from the middle of the desert... as opposed to returning their abductees safely to their bedroom... Donnie Darko Style.

Spinning plates like a Greek Circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

If Flying saucers were the best way to get around the planet.... how come we don't fly any aircraft in similar fashion?

Don't tell me, they are using nifty solar inductive tech... that transfers to kinetic energy to help propel the saucer? Probably the same tech they use to energize their abductees to and from the middle of the desert... as opposed to returning their abductees safely to their bedroom... Donnie Darko Style.

The fact that you are on this thread asking all these questions makes me wonder if there isn't just a little bit of doubt niggling away at you ;)

we are not near advanced enough yet to even understand how they work, we only started flying ourselves just over 100 years ago, they could be 1000, 10,000 or even a million years ahead of us in technology

we are not near advanced enough yet to even understand how they work, we only started flying ourselves just over 100 years ago, they could be 1000, 10,000 or even a million years ahead of us in technology

Is that why they won't talk or communicate with us also?

It is interesting how they have managed to master intergalactic flight.... and yet still act like the Tooth Fairy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It is interesting how they have managed to master intergalactic flight.... and yet still act like the Tooth Fairy?

Why would they talk to us if they're here to observe? They don't need to talk to us. Odds are, we wouldn't be able to understand them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

If I was them I wouldn’t talk to us either

why would they? they have nothing to gain from talking to us, for all we know they put us here and just come and observe

• Advertisement
Advertisement