Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Anyone go to the pub on good Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea it has.

Funny the difference, we had a strange van creeping down our lane at 5am few years ago, Mrs rang local station and we had a car out in 10 minutes, and were five minutes from town.

I don’t think the guards want to confront serious criminals any more, chances of some idiot with a gun has gotten too high, can’t blame them either. New guards start at something like €23k, older guards never leave the station. Who’s going to risk their life for €23k a year, that’s less than €12/hr, they’d get more stacking shelves in Aldi.

No Garda is on that. The poor mouth speil by the rank and file gardai was orchestrated by the union. Gardai get a multitude of expenses on top of their basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

whelan2 wrote: »

Yep, in a place in Athlone called Bounty Bar and grill.
    Savage deep fried cod and chips with salad.
    Few scoops as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Was planning on getting some licking done today, long story short spent the time rewiring it. I'm no master with electrics but a new fuse should have me away in the morning.

Was looking earlier, mix rate for gallup 360 for a licker says 1 to 1 humid weather or 1 to 2 warm dry weather. Isn't that crazy strong? What do others mix at? Think ill chance the rate for a knapsack of 400-500ml per 20liters of water.

Would ye lick a field with stock in it? Have a bit to do thats clear of stock but a whole lot to do with sheep and lambs on it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Base price

No and I noticed a lot of pubs closed today on my travels.

I remember my Granny putting aside the eggs (both hen and duck eggs) that were laid on Good Friday and they were boiled for Easter Sunday breakfast. I used to have mine chopped up in a cup with lots of fresh butter and salt and cuts of fresh soda bread with sweet tea :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Base price wrote: »
    I remember my Granny putting aside the eggs (both hen and duck eggs) that were laid on Good Friday and they were boiled for Easter Sunday breakfast. I used to have mine chopped up in a cup with lots of fresh butter and salt and cuts of fresh soda bread with sweet tea :)

I remember marking good Friday eggs with soot. We'd put a cross on them .
    I never heard about the shaving or getting a haircut though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Well fcuk with all this talk of boiled eggs I’m off down to have a couple now.
    Cheat mode two into a cup microwave for 30/40 seconds depending and add sweet chili sauce. Devine

I says wrote: »
    Well fcuk with all this talk of boiled eggs I’m off down to have a couple now.
    Cheat mode two into a cup microwave for 30/40 seconds depending and add sweet chili sauce. Devine
    And here is me thinking that you'd throw a couple of sods of turf on the dying embers to get the fire going :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

And here is me thinking that you'd throw a couple of sods of turf on the dying embers to get the fire going :D

Ah stuffed and no fire tonight :):)

Not many years after that time I quit taking sugar in tea for good although I do remember the pure pleasure of having the first sweet cuppa tae on Easter Sunday morning after the Lenten fast - that was 40 odd years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I always remember been told that pancakes were eaten on Shrove Tuesday so that eggs would be used up before lent. But then I never heard that eggs couldnt be eaten during lent - So anyone know which was it?

Tbh if eggs were not allowed - it would have an awful waste of good eggs when hens and ducks had started laying properly, especially when there were few other foods in sich plentiful supply at that time of the year.

Anyway you can't beat your own free range eggs. My own favourite are duck eggs .Theres nothing like them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭emaherx

Went for a few last night. There was an average Friday night sort of crowd out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

mycro2013 wrote: »
    No Garda is on that. The poor mouth speil by the rank and file gardai was orchestrated by the union. Gardai get a multitude of expenses on top of their basic.

I wouldn’t do their job for all the tea in China.
    My brother is one. We are both working the same length of time in our jobs. His weekly gross pay is €2 less than my net pay.

emaherx wrote: »
    Went for a few last night. There was an average Friday night sort of crowd out.

Drove by local on way back from football, same as that seemed to be the normal Friday crowd. Was surprised training was on last night tbh

Drove by local on way back from football, same as that seemed to be the normal Friday crowd. Was surprised training was on last night tbh

Probably less alcohol consumed in Ireland now on good Friday than any time during the past, no longer a need to rush out and stock up for the one day ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Heading off with the rake shortly to start silage 2019

Reggie. wrote: »
    Heading off with the rake shortly to start silage 2019

I've just about started growing grass

emaherx wrote: »
    I've just about started growing grass

Got the grass in the garden cut yesterday for the first time. Kids had it well down anyway playing football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

What are ye using on docks this year? My crop of them is pretty good again despite spraying a fair bit last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Bullocks wrote: »
    What are ye using on docks this year? My crop of them is pretty good again despite spraying a fair bit last year

Used mortox 50 and minstrel here as recommended by local rep. One of silage fields was covered in docks and general weeds. Seems to have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Bullocks wrote: »

Hurler worked Well last year compared to dockstar and its
    equivalent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

My Odd-Ear is due to TVR today. I'm like a child before Christmas! :D

I must be thick what is tvr?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I must be thick what is tvr?

A limousin bull that is well known for being hard calved but brings very good calves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Used mortox 50 and minstrel here as recommended by local rep. One of silage fields was covered in docks and general weeds. Seems to have worked.

Who is the local rep? Is joyces open on the bank Holiday Mondays think?

A limousin bull that is well known for being hard calved but brings very good calves :)

Sound was trying to work out what it stood for

Easter bunny was in our house while we were away this evening. 15 year old daughter was worse than the younger lad going round the house looking for eggs. They will end up making buns out of the chocolate in a day or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Your a brave women, mind you I had one by him when he first came out, initially they were saying he was easy calved:D what’s he now - 17%?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement