Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The competition is flying a clapped out 757 so the config on GEY is way better and bear in mind it is better than the former EI business offering of a few years ago.

There is amazingly a global shortage of business class seats which is actually delaying aircraft from factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

The competition is flying a clapped out 757 so the config on GEY is way better and bear in mind it is better than the former EI business offering of a few years ago.

There is amazingly a global shortage of business class seats which is actually delaying aircraft from factory.

Yeah, good point about the competition. Is EI-Gey owned by EI? Or is it leased from QR?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

It’s on a five year lease from Castlelake, an aircraft lessor. The aircraft was a former QR bird but nothing to do with them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

GEY positioning home tonight as EI993 from Bordeaux. EIS tomorrow for EI119.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

Ei-LRA to delivered in June 2019
    EI-LRB to delivered in July 2019
    Ei-LBC to delivered in September 2019

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

EI-LRC to be the new setting for pilot disputes to be resolved?

marno21 wrote: »
    EI-LRC to be the new setting for pilot disputes to be resolved?

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

Just a question on EI getting the XLR based on pictures yesterday,I attached from airbus website tonight and it’s saying that the XLR is currently been developed and it’s launch date has not been confirmed,I personally wud love if the picture yesterday was of XLR because of its extra range on top of the LR would give EI opportunity for even more routes and if I’m not mistaken when TAP received it’s new A321 recently it was advertised as LR and not XLR

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Karl8415 wrote: »
    Just a question on EI getting the XLR based on pictures yesterday,I attached from airbus website tonight and it’s saying that the XLR is currently been developed and it’s launch as date has not been confirmed,I personally wud love if the picture yesterday was of XLR because of its extra range on top of the LR would give EI opportunity for even more routes and if I’m not mistaken when TAP received it’s new A321 recently it was advertised as LR and not XLR
    The aircraft pictured is an A321LR, NO A321XLR have been built yet. The design has yet to even be finalised.
    Aer Lingus I believe are using the term A321NEO-LR in their press releases.

The numerical codes used by manufacturers are indicators of customers specs or variants, EG B737-8Q8
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Boeing_customer_codes
    To be pedantic
    Its a A321-253NX-LR

'2' 200 series
    '5' Leap engine
    '3' version three
    'N' is for NEO
    'X' is the ACF cabin, the new doors
    'LR' for the 3 ACT option

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Rumours have another month or so delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

liiga wrote: »
    Ei-LRA to delivered in June 2019
    EI-LRB to delivered in July 2019
    Ei-LBC to delivered in September 2019

That was the schedule before YUL was pulled? First due July now as far as I know.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    That was the schedule before YUL was pulled? First due July now as far as I know.

I heard August a few days ago but Airbus world CDIS confirms it's still July

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Bussywussy wrote: »
    I heard August a few days ago but Airbus world CDIS confirms it's still July

I did say about further delays when they announced YUL cancellation. It could get very messy if they don't have it by 1st August.

Can I just ask if these delays are accurate then would it be fair to say EI would require compensation from airbus and if so does anybody have any idea at what level would it be at because if customers have already booked for travel on the new jets and they get moved then they will start looking for compensation

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

You don't get compensated as a passenger for change of aircraft.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    You don't get compensated as a passenger for change of aircraft.

Thank you for your reply.
    My apologies I worded second half of my text incorrectly what I meant to ask was if customers have booked on routes already listed for the new jets but have to be canceled due to late delivery, so I was asking would EI receive compensation from airbus Incase these selected routes must be deferred as a result and customers who do not choose alternative dates offered would seek compensation

Thank you for your reply.
    My apologies I worded second half of my text incorrectly what I meant to ask was if customers have booked on routes already listed for the new jets but have to be canceled due to late delivery, so I was asking would EI receive compensation from airbus Incase these selected routes must be deferred as a result and customers who do not choose alternative dates offered would seek compensation

Doubt it - if there is comp it will be to EI for loss of use of the aircraft. EI will offer refund or re routing, as long as it’s not cancelled close in to departure, that’s all they are on the hook for.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭sherology

I get what you're saying.

EI would likely receive incurred-costs compensation from the the lessor as they haven't provided the aircraft at the time they stated, and EI have to rebook and reroute etc.

Airbus would likely provide compo to the lessor etc. All depends on lease/sale contracts between EI/LESSOR/AIRBUS. That info would be quite private, but EI would be unlikely to take-the-hit cost-wise if it's not their fault.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for that update, Separately just wondering now that GEY is back in service has anyone seen if it has had its cabin refitted to EI and if so has it maintained the same configuration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

We are travelling on GEY to Orlando shortly. We are on a rare business class treat and when booking had selected the 'throne' seats on the 330. Now that Aer Lingus have changed the flight to GEY, we are getting an inferior product in my opinion to that advertised and I have a complaint in with them from weeks ago on that basis. I know some people have said it's fine, but it isn't as advertised on their website, so I do intend to follow up for some form of acknowledgement given that the offering is inferior.

We are travelling on GEY to Orlando shortly. We are on a rare business class treat and when booking had selected the 'throne' seats on the 330. Now that Aer Lingus have changed the flight to GEY, we are getting an inferior product in my opinion to that advertised and I have a complaint in with them from weeks ago on that basis. I know some people have said it's fine, but it isn't as advertised on their website, so I do intend to follow up for some form of acknowledgement given that the offering is inferior.

Are you sure? EI is scheduled for IAD all summer I thought?

Although ironically it came back from maintenance and did one IAD run and nothing for the last few days.

***ignore me, I see it’s on its way to Toronto.

Thank you for that update, Separately just wondering now that GEY is back in service has anyone seen if it has had its cabin refitted to EI and if so has it maintained the same configuration

It was mentioned weeks ago this wasnt happening

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Are you sure? EI is scheduled for IAD all summer I thought?

Although ironically it came back from maintenance and did one IAD run and nothing for the last few days.

***ignore me, I see it’s on its way to Toronto.

seems to have those GEY seats anyway...!

CVB will position SNN for a paint job this evening

CVB will position SNN for a paint job this evening

Was wondering about the paint schedule. Appreciate they are being done as per regular requirements but if they have 40 odd to be done before end of 2021, that’s about one every 3 weeks.

seems to have those GEY seats anyway...!

So, after originally booking the 'throne' seats on the 330, and then having that messed up when they changed the flight to 'GEY', was checking in and it showed different seats again. A call to the website help desk originally confirmed that no, I was mistaken, I definitely had 1A, 1C on that aircraft layout, but I told them that checking in online I was being shown 4H.

5 mins later he comes back and says, does not understand it, but the booking system is still stuck on the other seats, but he can tell from looking into it that the plane has reverted and we have 4H, 4K. So, months after asking for 3K, 5K throne seats, those now gone to other passengers! They can't figure out themselves why their booking system contradicts the actual seats!

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Was wondering about the paint schedule. Appreciate they are being done as per regular requirements but if they have 40 odd to be done before end of 2021, that’s about one every 3 weeks.

I think this is the last because the proper summer schedule kicks in soon

• Advertisement

I think this is the last because the proper summer schedule kicks in soon

Yeah, guess loads will be done this winter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement