Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Didn't the head of the NRL say they would refuse to register him?

just read that now.... fair dues to NRL for being so definitive !

Needless and incredibly ignorant but the guy seems drunk and is young and stupid which leaves room for an apology and everyone moving on in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

According to The Times, CVC are close to acquiring a controlling stake in the Pro 14. If that happens plans are in place for a grand final match between the winners of the Premiership and Pro 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Man that was embarrassing, I see a lot more zeros in this man's future. The guy who threw the "punch" is hilarious, he kind of pawed the kiwi guy like a cat with a piece of wool, great balls to even try though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Man that was embarrassing, I see a lot more zeros in this man's future. The guy who threw the "punch" is hilarious, he kind of pawed the kiwi guy like a cat with a piece of wool, great balls to even try though.

Yeah the attempt at a punch was incredible, was almost like a closed fist slap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Came across a quote from Steve Jobs (legendary founder of Apple Computers),
    "Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking."
    How true.
    People that won't question their "beliefs" because what they believe in is written in a book; a compendium of contradicting medieval ideologies, written generations ago, having since been translated and edited by unknown parties with unknown objectives. All while we have moved on to the age of information.
    Those people really need to be called out for what they are, delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭deezell

Clegg wrote: »
    According to The Times, CVC are close to acquiring a controlling stake in the Pro 14. If that happens plans are in place for a grand final match between the winners of the Premiership and Pro 14.

So Leinster will get to Play Saracens twice in two different finals. When? June maybe? Or a Charity shield type of distraction? What a load of B. Why not have a compromise rules game against tge gaa while they're at it. The leagues are totally disconnected, and the common ground is the champions/challenge cup. It would be like running a world cup (any code) in two different halves of the planet, split down the middle, with the eventual winners meeting somewhere in between for a 'grand' final. Rubbish. The only thing grand about the idea is the tens thousands of €grands the sponsors can smell. It's as ridiculous as the world club league idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

It’s worrying alright, Ronan o gara was discussing it earlyier. But I’m not sure how you entice more people through turn styles both had potential to be cracking games with 23s packed with internationals. They were huge matches and the apathy from the English especially was a bit scary I mean how many actual saracens fans were there does anyone know?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

It’s worrying alright, Ronan o gara was discussing it earlyier. But I’m not sure how you entice more people through turn styles both had potential to be cracking games with 23s packed with internationals. They were huge matches and the apathy from the English especially was a bit scary I mean how many actual saracens fans were there does anyone know?

The stats I saw doing the rounds were 13k Munster vs 3k Saracens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wonder where this would be played? Seems like a fairly unnecessary extension of season. Pro14 final already on end of May so will be like Top14 extending into June. Dunno would there be much appetite for it in RWC, Lions years and there's summer tours most of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Eod100 wrote: »
    Wonder where this would be played?

Definitely not the Millenium Stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

aloooof wrote: »
    The stats I saw doing the rounds were 13k Munster vs 3k Saracens.

Attendance was 16k

Sarries apparently sold 3.5k

Assume there was 2-3k neutral

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Attendance was 16k

Sarries apparently sold 3.5k

Assume there was 2-3k neutral

On the Rugby Pod they said that Sarries requested 3k and didn't sell them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭deezell

errlloyd wrote: »
    On the Rugby Pod they said that Sarries requested 3k and didn't sell them all.

Shouldn't be a big deal to pick up a ticket for Newcastle so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

deezell wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a big deal to pick up a ticket for Newcastle so.

I'm not so sure how easy it will be. IIRC half of the tickets go to corporate sponsors. There'll be huge demand from Leinster fans, plus the fans of other sides who want to go for a weekend of rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'm not so sure how easy it will be. IIRC half of the tickets go to corporate sponsors. There'll be huge demand from Leinster fans, plus the fans of other sides who want to go for a weekend of rugby.

Think at this stage it's only the 9k for 2 of the finalists up for grabs. 42k sold beforehand apparently. Might be some fans look to offload tickets though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

sydthebeat wrote: »

Considering how hard he hits, his missus must be a tough girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

sydthebeat wrote: »

He’s on fire. Jeweller might call him a knacker but he’s my knacker this season. I don’t approve of what he did but I do approve of giving people a second chance in life and he’s taking it with both hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

swiwi_ wrote: »
    He’s on fire. Jeweller might call him a knacker but he’s my knacker this season. I don’t approve of what he did but I do approve of giving people a second chance in life and he’s taking it with both hands.

Personal issues aside, he's been the breakout player of the season in Super Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Personal issues aside, he's been the breakout player of the season in Super Rugby.

My personal pick for rookie of the season is Braydon Ennor. Looks a really serious prospect IMHO even more so than Will Jordan who has been getting a lot of praise.

I was thinking about Leinster vs Crusaders but it’s hard to judge as the crusaders backs are generally pretty callow. Only Crotty is really long in the tooth now that dagg has retired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

So France are looking to put together a new setup after the world cup... Fabien Galthié as coach, Raphael Ibanez as manager..
    and reports that Shaun Edwards is now being offered a 4 year contract as defence coach with ROG supposedly not interested in taking up a post with the French squad

Erik Shun wrote: »
    So France are looking to put together a new setup after the world cup... Fabien Galthié as coach, Raphael Ibanez as manager..
    and reports that Shaun Edwards is now being offered a 4 year contract as defence coach with ROG supposedly not interested in taking up a post with the French squad

Shaun Edwards just re-committed to Wales, so it doesn’t look like that will happen.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Shaun Edwards just re-committed to Wales, so it doesn’t look like that will happen.

That's what Wigan thought too :)

Erik Shun wrote: »
    That's what Wigan thought too :)

We all know a few rumors around contract renewals never go a miss :)

stephen_n wrote: »
    We all know a few rumors around contract renewals never go a miss :)

Ah it was a bit more than that...he had talks..told them he was taking the job...and then backed out,
    I'm guessing there's legs to the French story alright... whether it happens or not... dunno

Enniscorty win towns cup 10 - 9 against Wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Anyone willing to do build up threads for the Pro14 quarters?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement