Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And so to the Overall Winner.

This category had 50 points each credited to those who submitted votes, and will reflect the voting accordingly as is only fair.

So in 5th Place of this year's Draft...

JP Liv V1 - 82 points!!!

And in 4th Place....

Mr. Guappa - 93 points!!!

In 3rd....

Bounty Hunter - 100 points!!!

And in 2nd....

Necro - 102 points!!!

Congrats to all (and thanks for voting for me :) )

AlienatedQuerulousKittiwake-size_restricted.gif

But, of course - there can only be - ONE winner...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Winner of the 2019 PW Boards Draft...

giphy.gif

And STILLLLLLLLLLLLL Champion....

6c4626aaa05c85b6574268cbdb06ffd4.gif

MR. NICE GUY - 115 POINTS!!!

giphy.gif

Congrats MNG, what's that now, 6 wins? Truly you are The Beast of the Draft :D

Thanks for playing all. I had fun running this, if the ending is a little bit sore given the lack of votes received. But we can discuss the future later. Now is time to celebrate the Champ Champ of Boards PW Draft - Mr. Nice Guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not the 6 wins. I'm the 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time WCW PW Draft Champion.

1432163230446.jpg

Many thanks to those who voted for me. I had fun writing the PPV, especially the Big Daddy Brexit and the Bray/Abigail Kim storylines. I think the other written submissions would have been just as worthy of the win as I enjoyed reading them all.

It seemed a year ago the newer format had contributed to an increase in participation, but this year shows that's not the case.

Time to return to the former format for future instalments of the Draft? Reviving the weekly build up shows before the PPV? I think yes.

Final thanks to Necro for organising the game and the slammy process. Thought you did a very good job and hope you are involved again (assuming you want to be, that is!)

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Congrats Mr.Nice Guy and thank you Necro

It seemed a year ago the newer format had contributed to an increase in participation, but this year shows that's not the case.

Time to return to the former format for future instalments of the Draft? Reviving the weekly build up shows before the PPV? I think yes.

Final thanks to Necro for organising the game and the slammy process. Thought you did a very good job and hope you are involved again (assuming you want to be, that is!)

Well, hopefully you'll still have me :D

I'd be happy with returning to the longer format as well next year if I'm honest.
    I think if we do we might have to make the write-ups optional though, possibly separate out the roster competition entirely.

Open to suggestions but I'm definitely leaning on returning the write-ups to the old way next year.

Also quite happy if anyone has any rule change suggestions. What worked, what didn't, what might in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Necro wrote: »
    Best Roster 2019:

As I said, there can only be one.

And the winner of the Best Roster for the 2019 PW Draft is....

paulie21 on 30pts!!!

giphy.gif

Congrats Paulie!!! A fantastic win.

Just for clarity:

Best Roster:
    1st - paulie21 - 30pts
    Joint 2nd - MNG & ABMG - 29pts
    4th - DM7 - 27 points
    Joint 5th - Slick & BH - 25pts

Next up - the Write Ups!

Wasn’t expecting that, wish had the time to write shows but wasn’t to be, congrats to MNG on the overall win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm thrilled to have polled so well and to have picked up a share in a couple of Slammy's, as well as a few nods in some other categories. Seeing how well the Mayweather/Savage stuff was received makes me regret not fleshing it out more, but I'm very happy with the recognition I did get.

MNG is a thoroughly deserving winner once again. I always find your stuff has a great blend of fun, surprises and just all round good booking.

Thanks also to Necro for running the show, and for also putting together a great PPV of his own. I had you neck and neck with MNG.

It was disappointing to see interest drop across all aspects of the game this year. From the amount of players initially, to the lack of write-ups, and then finally lack of votes. I've no issue with removing any restrictions on the number of posts allowed in the write-up phase if the more regular players want that. Putting a limit on the number of posts didn't translate to a greater return this year, so we may as well cater for those with the greatest interest going forward.

It was particularly disappointing to see such a poor response in the voting section, as there wasn't too much stuff to read and a lot of it truly is great quality which deserves an audience. As MNG pointed out, the lack of votes will have skewed results in certain categories also, which is frustrating for those who did actually vote.

I do get the sense that a lot of the lack of interest is a side-effect of general frustration with the WWE product at the moment, and there's not much we can do about that. For next year, I think it may be a decent idea to set up a thread in December to gauge interest, thoughts, ideas etc at that time before the game launches. I did also wonder if it would be a good idea to skip the game for a year, but that could lead to it dying out altogether, so I then wondered about a change in the time of year, with the next game starting, say, September 2020.

Advertisement