Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to shoot clays?

Options
  • 07-04-2019 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hello! I was wondering if anyone in Limerick/Clare/Tipp knows of any landowners/farmers who let people shoot clays on their land? I don't mind using my local range, but I have a clay trap and I like to shoot a lot so figured this might be a more cost effective option.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Unless someone that owns land replies the only way is to go out and ask.

Clay pigeon shooting is not classed as target shooting so it can be done on private property/outside of a range and i've found, with landowners around me, that as long as you leave the place as clean as you found it they generally don't mind.

Hope you get somewhere.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Hello! I was wondering if anyone in Limerick/Clare/Tipp knows of any landowners/farmers who let people shoot clays on their land? I don't mind using my local range, but I have a clay trap and I like to shoot a lot so figured this might be a more cost effective option.

Any bogs around? Or forestry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭rugerfanatic

Hard to get permissions now compared to years ago.

All the places we used use we don't anymore as too many urbanite neighbours who moved to "the sticks" whinging to the landowners about "the noise" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Where abouts are ya?? If you shoot as much as you reckon you do might be worth your while renting an acre.. ****ty scrub land no use to anyone and give the farmer a few pound a year??

Pick somewhere that suits you and go about it.. long as you are away from any folks just rock on and keep it to yourself

'Hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭J.R.

Any bogs around? Or forestry

or disused quarry - ideal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭JohnFitz2332

Thanks for the responses lads. Is shooting on forest land legal? Do you need Coillte's permission? Similarly, can you shoot on a disused quarry without fear of AGS

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Wherever you shoot you only need the permission of the land owner to shoot on it.

AGS (An Gardaí) won't bother you if you have land permission and are not acting the maggot.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bluezulu49

Thanks for the responses lads. Is shooting on forest land legal? Do you need Coillte's permission? Similarly, can you shoot on a disused quarry without fear of AGS

Last time I had a Coillte lease clay pigeon shooting was specifically prohibited in the woods.

Advertisement