Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Sunday Times, B&A
    Taken 3rd-15th Sep

Sinn Féin 32% (+2)
    Fine Gael 30% (+1)
    Fianna Fáil 19% (-1)
    Greens 5% (-1)
    Labour 3% (-)
    Soc Dem 1% (-)
    Sol/PBP/Rise 1% (-)
    Ind/Others 9% (-)

margin of error +/-3.3
    900+ surveyed

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I wonder why the PSNI had to release the info that they had sent letters out to those they wanted to interview over Bobby Storey's funeral.
    What other investigation have you seen that they felt the need to do that? Would the norm not be they just get on with the investigation?

Was some 'distraction' from a certain television documentary required one wonders?

Not a normal police force yet?

The silence on that documentary is stunning really when you think about it and a bit frightening too. Just imagine the coverage given in follow up discussion if it was a 'shinner or 'RA exposé, from low level ranting on Liveline to discussion on prime time political programmes and news papers.

Sinn Fein are always the victims, aren’t they. The PSNI come knocking on the door asking legitimate questions about legitimate enquiries into potentially criminal behaviour and somehow Sinn Fein are the victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,862 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein are always the victims, aren’t they. The PSNI come knocking on the door asking legitimate questions about legitimate enquiries into potentially criminal behaviour and somehow Sinn Fein are the victims.

Can you point to another instance where they issued a press release saying they had sent out letters? Seemed an odd thing to do.

Any comment on this bit? I'll add that the silence from those on here who would be breaking their necks to get to a keyboard if it were a Shinner exposé is particularly deafening,
    The silence on that documentary is stunning really when you think about it and a bit frightening too. Just imagine the coverage given in follow up discussion if it was a 'shinner or 'RA exposé, from low level ranting on Liveline to discussion on prime time political programmes and news papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Sunday Times, B&A
    Taken 3rd-15th Sep

Sinn Féin 32% (+2)
    Fine Gael 30% (+1)
    Fianna Fáil 19% (-1)
    Greens 5% (-1)
    Labour 3% (-)
    Soc Dem 1% (-)
    Sol/PBP/Rise 1% (-)
    Ind/Others 9% (-)

margin of error +/-3.3
    900+ surveyed

Not for the first time SF have topped a poll in recent times, but how, and why? Half of them have prison records, and the other half seem to be "revolutionary" rebels without a cause clue.

It's not that long ago thst most if not all high ranking Sinn Feiners were ordered to attend an IRA funeral and most if not all attended. This alone should be enough to send shivers up the spines of most normal people, but not anymore it seems.

Just watching & Iistening to them on TV & radio should make it obvious that they would not make a reliable or trustworthy government, and yet the polls say different (scratches head) :confused:

Mary Lou as our Taoiseach, Dessie Ellis as minister of defence, with Martina Anderson in education & Louise O'Reilly in health!

The mind boggles.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Mary Lou as our Taoiseach, Dessie Ellis as minister of defence, with Martina Anderson in education & Louise O'Reilly in health!

Unfortunately it is only a matter of time before SF are a partner in a coalition government. I work in the pharmaceutical sector, when this topic has come up in the office many of my colleagues have made it clear that they will leave the country. These people will have no issue landing a good job elsewhere and would far rather live in Ireland but they are terrified of what an SF government would do to the economy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

2011 wrote: »
    I work in the pharmaceutical sector, when this topic has come up in the office many of my colleagues have made it clear that they will leave the country.

You find that the majority of those who said they would leave the country actually won't. Talk in the office is cheap. I'd guess a tiny percentage would leave.

And I am guessing the pharma industry would be not much different than say IT or many of the big multinationals? So you think a lot of those workers will leave too?

The thing you have to remember about politics is that a lot of the guff oppositions say they never actually do when they get to power, and SF would probably not be much different. Once in office they will find out a lot of their promises or plans aren't doable or practical, and they would change their minds.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Once in office they will find out a lot of their promises or plans aren't doable or practical, and they would change their minds.

But once in Government they've done it, they've actually managed to get into office while retaining their affinity with and to the Provisional IRA. David Cullinane & Mary Lou have recently told us this to our faces!

They openly justify the "Armed struggle" and they don't shy away from their past with the armalite in one hand and the ballot box in the other, indeed they're proud of the IRA and it's exploits which goes contrary to everything this state stands for.

So many issues relating to their allegiance to this state and our official history of the Troubles (the IRA where our enemy but their friends), yet they have somehow managed to hypnotise or hoodwink large swathes of the population into voting for them :cool:

But once in Government they've done it, they've actually managed to get into office while retaining their affinity with and to the Provisional IRA. David Cullinane & Mary Lou have recently told us this to our faces!

They openly justify the "Armed struggle" and they don't shy away from their past with the armalite in one hand and the ballot box in the other, indeed they're proud of the IRA and it's exploits which goes contrary to everything this state stands for.

So many issues relating to their allegiance to this state and our official history of the Troubles (the IRA where our enemy but their friends), yet they have somehow managed to hypnotise or hoodwink large swathes of the population into voting for them :cool:

You cannot invite people or parties into the democratic fold and set a ceiling.

Or, there is little point having a huff if they turn out to be more popular than your chosen party.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

2011 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is only a matter of time before SF are a partner in a coalition government. I work in the pharmaceutical sector, when this topic has come up in the office many of my colleagues have made it clear that they will leave the country. These people will have no issue landing a good job elsewhere and would far rather live in Ireland but they are terrified of what an SF government would do to the economy.

Remember Ray Darcy saying something similar about Enda Kenny and FG.

Personally speaking, I'd say your colleagues are like Ray, and talking nonsense, next time they say it just laugh at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The main thing that’s apparent from seeing SF in government is just how ineffectual and useless they are up North. They don’t attract a high calibre of individual to their ranks. For every Finnucane there’s 3 Gerry Kelly’s or Martina Anderson’s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

You cannot invite people or parties into the democratic fold and set a ceiling.

Or, there is little point having a huff if they turn out to be more popular than your chosen party.

Everyone was always "invited" into the demcratic fold. Some only reluctantly participated after a 30 year murder campaign and some still run criminal side operations and are controlled by criminals. No ceiling ;just a natural inclination of decent people to steer clear. Its the age of Boris and Trump though and it looks as if the rag tag army of thugs and retards in Sinn Fein will be voted in sooner or later. I expect the results will be predictable given the character and quality of their membership.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

NIMAN wrote: »
    You find that the majority of those who said they would leave the country actually won't.

Knowing the individuals, considering the fact that most of us have already worked abroad and as most of the work we do is for projects based outside of Ireland, I respectfully disagree. Once my kids have finished college I will do the same.
    And I am guessing the pharma industry would be not much different than say IT or many of the big multinationals? So you think a lot of those workers will leave too?

Yes I do. Especially if SF carry out their threat of increased corporate tax rates.
    The thing you have to remember about politics is that a lot of the guff oppositions say they never actually do when they get to power, and SF would probably not be much different.

I hope you are right.
    Once in office they will find out a lot of their promises or plans aren't doable or practical, and they would change their minds.

Indeed. The only upside is that when in office if SF do ½ of what they say they will do they will not be returned to office for another generation.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Everyone was always "invited" into the demcratic fold. Some only reluctantly participated after a 30 year murder campaign and some still run criminal side operations and are controlled by criminals. No ceiling ;just a natural inclination of decent people to steer clear. Its the age of Boris and Trump though and it looks as if the rag tag army of thugs and retards in Sinn Fein will be voted in sooner or later. I expect the results will be predictable given the character and quality of their membership.

Sinn Fein members were shot and killed, censored and villified and you pretend they were always invited into the democratic fold.
    What rubbish talk is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

It's not that long ago thst most if not all high ranking Sinn Feiners were ordered to attend an IRA funeral

you live in some fantasy world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

maccored wrote: »
    you live in some fantasy world

Storey was a very senior member of the army council of the IRA.

Sinn Fein members were shot and killed, censored and villified and you pretend they were always invited into the democratic fold.
    What rubbish talk is this?

Indeed - what rubbish talk is this?

Storey was a very senior member of the army council of the IRA.

so what if he was? The claims people were ordered to go is just stupid

Indeed - what rubbish talk is this?

gives an good insight alright. you are pretending sf werent vilified, censored or targeted. shows how reality doesnt seem to matter

gives an good insight alright. you are pretending sf werent vilified, censored or targeted. shows how reality doesnt seem to matter

Condemnation of the murder, mutilation and maiming of random people is not normally seen as "vilification" by decent people while in the same circumstances censorship might be "understandable" - to use a word so beloved of Gerry Adams. And finally criminals often complain of being targeted, seemingly oblivious to the consequences of their own behaviour

Condemnation of the murder, mutilation and maiming of random people is not normally seen as "vilification" by decent people while in the same circumstances censorship might be "understandable" - to use a word so beloved of Gerry Adams. And finally criminals often complain of being targeted, seemingly oblivious to the consequences of their own behaviour

so, as i said, you are pretending sf werent vilified, censored or targeted. shows how reality doesnt seem to matter. you waffling on there doesnt seem to change that. outside of showing your hatred that is

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The Opinion Poll result has this thread busy again, wonder why

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

so, as i said, you are pretending sf werent vilified, censored or targeted. shows how reality doesnt seem to matter. you waffling on there doesnt seem to change that. outside of showing your hatred that is

were they not blowing up large parts of their own city and small parts of other city's at the time

seems like a good reason to target a group

dd

Hatred is a bit strong. Dont have anything like the hatred it would take to mutilate a teenager crying in terror as two or three men hold him down or to make a bomb not caring who will be burnt to death or maimed. Couldn't even summon that level of hatred for Sinn Fein IRA members.

dd

Hatred is a bit strong. Dont have anything like the hatred it would take to mutilate a teenager crying in terror as two or three men hold him down or to make a bomb not caring who will be burnt to death or maimed. Couldn't even summon that level of hatred for Sinn Fein IRA members.

You just glossed over shoot to kill and collusion as if it were throwing custard pies. I would say you would stand anything as long as it wasn't your own getting hurt or killed.

dd

yet again, you havent addressed the post you quoted - you are pretending sf werent vilified, censored or targeted. shows how reality doesnt seem to matter

You just glossed over shoot to kill and collusion as if it were throwing custard pies. I would say you would stand anything as long as it wasn't your own getting hurt or killed.
    Dont assume that eveyones mind is like your own

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I wonder why the PSNI had to release the info that they had sent letters out to those they wanted to interview over Bobby Storey's funeral.

Why are you trying to undermine the police Francie?
    I guess things were simpler when the PIRA dished out justice with the odd beating and knee-capping.

The Opinion Poll result has this thread busy again, wonder why.

See previous page, post #518 for one (obvious) answer.

markodaly wrote: »
    Why are you trying to undermine the police Francie?
    I guess things were simpler when the PIRA dished out justice with the odd beating and knee-capping.

The previous police force (RUC) made a good job of undermining itself Mark, did you miss Unquiet Graves and all the other stuff they were involved in.
    It would be extremely prudent to keep them under constant review, we wouldn't want to stand accused of again ignoring what is going on.

Same question for you as blanch, have you ever seen them do this in another investigation. What's the benefit of releasing this information and is it normal policing?

• Advertisement

Dont assume that eveyones mind is like your own

You are typical of the partitionist 'mind' Truth...every single one of the noted partitionists on here had to have comment on the Unquiet Graves programme dragged out of them and it is of the expected simpering apologetic 'der was a few bad apples' variety.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement