Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Brien 'sanctioned' by IRFU for pissing on someone in a pub.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What happened with the victim of SOBs pissing, was it reported that he is not pressing charges?

I was referring to the fan-base. Essentially exhibiting alcoholic tendencies by making a day at a rugby match an excuse for a piss-up.

That’s a load of rubbish. Though I’d expect it given you clearly have a chip on your shoulder against what you perceive to be “the fan base”.

Give me an example of a time when a riot has ever broken out a high level rugby game. I’ll wait.

Why is it that rugby fans are allowed to drink alcohol in the stadium?
    Why are terraces permitted at rugby matches and not soccer matches?

It’s because by and large they’re capable of behaving themselves and not killing each other because someone else likes a different sports team.
    But you’ve no interest in the realities as your prejudiced posts have shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does anyone know how it happened? Was it true that he dipped his mick into someone's pocket? Or swinging it around more openly?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭benjy1000

Does anyone know how it happened? Was it true that he dipped his mick into someone's pocket? Or swinging it around more openly?

He had it in his hand introducing it to people afaik..

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    SOB is 32 and nothing like this has ever happened before

It was his last game for Leinster, his last game for Ireland, his last game in Ireland and maybe his last game ever because of the injury

He made a mistake, the guys life was turned upside down in last few months. He had a few too many and apologised afterward

Get off your high horse

There's plenty of form SOB doing stupid things when drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I was referring to the fan-base. Essentially exhibiting alcoholic tendencies by making a day at a rugby match an excuse for a piss-up.

? No you weren't. And if we were to pretend you were you'd be as wrong as you were in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That’s a load of rubbish. Though I’d expect it given you clearly have a chip on your shoulder against what you perceive to be “the fan base”.

Give me an example of a time when a riot has ever broken out a high level rugby game. I’ll wait.

Why is it that rugby fans are allowed to drink alcohol in the stadium?
    Why are terraces permitted at rugby matches and not soccer matches?

It’s because by and large they’re capable of behaving themselves and not killing each other because someone else likes a different sports team.
    But you’ve no interest in the realities as your prejudiced posts have shown.

Plenty of terraces at football grounds. I’ve also been in grounds where you can bring your beer to your seat although more the exception than the rule. I actually prefer no drinking in the stands...pain in the arse paying to watch a game and constantly moving to let people in and out to bar.

I’ve never killed anyone at a football match yet either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm looking to the reaction in here when they learn about the Cork camogie player who got off with a donation to the poor for smashing the jaw off someone then punching someone else in a bar an hour later

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭benjy1000

I'm looking to the reaction in here when they learn about the Cork camogie player who got off with a donation to the poor for smashing the jaw off someone then punching someone else in a bar an hour later

Now there’s form there for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Sports stars are role models and afforded a different status, due to their own self importance.
    Really a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone who claims there isn't a drink culture within rugby is living in denial.

Sure jaysus, there was such a public outcry at drink companies sponsoring GAA championships that it was eventually outlawed. Yet, rugby re-branded the Autumn Internationals as the Guinness Series to make them sound more prestigious than they actually are. How come an amateur organisation can disassociate itself from alcohol companies while a professional sporting body can continue to get sponsor money from it?

I have often attended local games in an official capacity for the local paper, and there is ALWAYS a wine reception and pre-match pints in the clubhouse hours before kick-off. And I don't know whether it is a widespread custom, or limited to the local club, but there is a post-match tradition too where the two captains down a pint of Guinness in the bar afterwards.

Now I am no prude, love a pint myself. But I can't believe so many people can almost laugh of his actions because he happens to play rugby, and not a common game like GAA or, god forbid, soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Anyone who claims there isn't a drink culture within rugby is living in denial.

Sure jaysus, there was such a public outcry at drink companies sponsoring GAA championships that it was eventually outlawed. Yet, rugby re-branded the Autumn Internationals as the Guinness Series to make them sound more prestigious than they actually are. How come an amateur organisation can disassociate itself from alcohol companies while a professional sporting body can continue to get sponsor money from it?

I have often attended local games in an official capacity for the local paper, and there is ALWAYS a wine reception and pre-match pints in the clubhouse hours before kick-off. And I don't know whether it is a widespread custom, or limited to the local club, but there is a post-match tradition too where the two captains down a pint of Guinness in the bar afterwards.

Now I am no prude, love a pint myself. But I can't believe so many people can almost laugh of his actions because he happens to play rugby, and not a common game like GAA or, god forbid, soccer.

Is it really ‘so many people’? It seems in this thread that really only one person took that stance. Might be one or two more if I went digging. I have seen very few people online or within my group of friends(most of who played rugby) who have made any attempt to try to exonerate him because he was drunk.

Advertisement