Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sean O'Brien 'sanctioned' by IRFU for pissing on someone in a pub.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I guess his advert for Supermacs won't be shown again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭facehugger99

What a scummy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    SOB is 32 and nothing like this has ever happened before

It was his last game for Leinster, his last game for Ireland, his last game in Ireland and maybe his last game ever because of the injury

He made a mistake, the guys life was turned upside down in last few months. He had a few too many and apologised afterward

Get off your high horse

He has previous form in this regard ,not pissing on someone in a pub but not far from it.

No need to be making excuses for him ,it was a disgusting act .Because hes leaving his job/moving away isnt a valid reason to do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That’s what the press keep telling us but then again this was been tweeted to everyone by the press as it happened....by the same person in the press that tells everyone that the rugby players get away with everything.....

That particular journalist is the sports equivalent of Gemma O’Doherty. I wouldn’t use him as a rule of thumb for Irish sports journalists in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

KaneToad wrote: »
    Jackson doesn't believe she was a 'victim.' It would appear the court didn't either. Whether you/I like it or not.

It appears you’re clueless as to how our judicial system works. The courts determined nothing one way or the other about the victim. I was talking about their behaviour, and the reason they were disciplined by the IRFU, and the difference between their actions following their behaviour, and that of Sean O Brien following his behaviour. The outcomes were different because the circumstances were different, and that’s why I said to the OP it was a disingenuous comparison to make in the first place - Sean O Brien apologised to his victim, Paddy Jackson didn’t.

That’s the difference between them and why the IRFU treated them differently. Whether or not you accept that has no bearing on either the facts, nor the outcomes in either case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Did he intentionally piss on the guy or was he that out of his mind on beer, that he just took a piss and some poor unfortunate got in the firing line? That's the real question here. I can understand the former but the latter would be taking the piss (pun intended).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Collie D wrote: »
    That particular journalist is the sports equivalent of Gemma O’Doherty. I wouldn’t use him as a rule of thumb for Irish sports journalists in general.

Exactly, but he is the journalist telling everyone the rugby players are up to all sorts and nobody reports it

Did he intentionally piss on the guy or was he that out of his mind on beer, that he just took a piss and some poor unfortunate got in the firing line? That's the real question here. I can understand the former but the latter would be taking the piss (pun intended).

He was out if his mind on drink, potentially half or nearly fully naked

He had no idea what he was doing.....I would question the other lads for not stepping in and getting him out of there

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Don't think he can play the alcohol card here, if he was that bad he would have pissed himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

It's not uncommon here I'm the west to have a bunch of knobs dressed like they should be on a golf course on a night out.

They arrive and they act out the way they wouldn't on their own front door.

Sipping out of bottles on the wall in Doolin, then throwing them behind their head...
    Then proceed to piss over the wall in front of tourists.

If I was down there flyfishing I wouldn't be responsible for what I catch when I cast a fly behind me.

So in effect if his langers in the way the poor unfortunate would get caught in the firing line....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭This is it

I've heard, before reading this thread, that he has previous for things like this. The article says "sanctioned", what was the sanction!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Why do RTE and Newstalk continue to say "a Leinster player or the player in question" when it known by anybody interested that it is Sean O'Brien ?They were still reporting it this way on Radio this evening long after I read and saw photos of who it was posted online by other media sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

How did this actually happen?

Did he just zip his pants down and start pissing on a stranger at the bar? Drunk or not that's just mind boggling behaviour from a grown man.

Never heard anything like it in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why do RTE and Newstalk continue to say "a Leinster player or the player in question" when it known by anybody interested that it is Sean O'Brien ?They were still reporting it this way on Radio this evening long after I read and saw photos of who it was posted online by other media sources.

Erring very much on the side of caution when it comes to legal advice I'd imagine.

He was out if his mind on drink, potentially half or nearly fully naked

He had no idea what he was doing.....I would question the other lads for not stepping in and getting him out of there

They might have been well on it too?

Don't think he can play the alcohol card here, if he was that bad he would have pissed himself.

It happened to a lad in my local a while back. I wasn't there myself to see it but he just started randomly pissing in the middle of the bar one night. There wasn't any malicious in it, nor was he barred - the lad was just on a different planet with drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Some mad pubs you drink in :)

O’Brien was naked in the pics I saw. Surprised he wasn’t ****ed out before the call of nature came upon him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

There's a major blind eye turned to the antics of rugby players in Ireland.

Imagine this was James McClean or Jon Walters. It'd be front page news for days.

John Terry had previous in the pub/nightclub watersports games but I think he kept it to relieving himself on the carpet rather than humans.

Theres always being a thing with rugby lads on a night out of who is going to be the best "maddest basta*d" and it still has its place since professionalism but the PR guys are just better at trading stuff with the lads in the press for it.

I know its bad enough if he done it on one of his friends in the pub but to do it on a stranger in a public place is really really low and is something that I would have a serious problem with if done to me or any of my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They might have been well on it too?

It happened to a lad in my local a while back. I wasn't there myself to see it but he just started randomly pissing in the middle of the bar one night. There wasn't any malicious in it, nor was he barred - the lad was just on a different planet with drink.
    I'd have heard of lads pissing on furniture and the like when off their heads but never on another human being.

Shouldn't be in that kind of state in a public house.

I'd have heard of lads pissing on furniture and the like when off their heads but never on another human being.

Shouldn't be in that kind of state in a public house.

I don't think anyone can disagree. He's a scumbag if meant to do it and a daft **** if he didn't know where he was. Either way, not a good look for someone with his profile.

Collie D wrote: »
    O’Brien was naked in the pics I saw. Surprised he wasn’t ****ed out before the call of nature came upon him.

I know they started drinking in the pub they own, not sure if they were still in that pub when it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Should have relieved himself into a pint glass or potted plant if he knew he wasn’t going to be able to make it to the trough in time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Diageo dropped London Irish and SOB will not play for Ireland again as he is overseas

Sean O'Brien is getting paid by the IRFU who are sponsored by Diageo. Diageo are hypocrites if they don't cancel their sponsorship.

Sean O'Brien is getting paid by the IRFU who are sponsored by Diageo. Diageo are hypocrites if they don't cancel their sponsorship.

:P:P:P:P

because?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

This is it wrote: »
    I've heard, before reading this thread, that he has previous for things like this. The article says "sanctioned", what was the sanction!?

Sanctioned = suspended from training.

Except he's injured. That's exactly what I bet it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

SOB is 32 and nothing like this has ever happened before

It was his last game for Leinster, his last game for Ireland, his last game in Ireland and maybe his last game ever because of the injury

He made a mistake, the guys life was turned upside down in last few months. He had a few too many and apologised afterward

Get off your high horse

Get off my high horse, right, I’ve had some fairly challenging times myself recently but never thought about urinating on anyone. I suppose how ever many number of people have some sort of ‘ending’ to their chosen career must be entitled to assault someone in a disgusting fashion and anyone who might be critical of said behavior is on a ‘high horse’.

He has my sympathy and good luck to him going forward...it’s worthy of criticism but neither should a mistake define a person, hopefully he can learn from it and onwards and upwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Anyone know where Sean went on his holliers? It wasn't Berlin by any chance?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48731431

I'm not quite sure how to word this but I'd think very long and hard about changing my local if that's a risk upon entering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

SOB is 32 and nothing like this has ever happened been reported before

It was his last game for Leinster B]no it wasn't! - he was injured so couldn't play in the Pro 14 Final[/B, his last game for Ireland B]no - the incident took place after a Leinster game![/B, his last game in Ireland B]no - his last game in Ireland was against Toulouse a month earlier![/B
    and maybe his last game ever because of the injury B]I'll give you that one, although hopefully he'll make a full recovery and play again[/B.

He made a mistake, the guys life was turned upside down in last few months. He had a few too many and apologised afterwards .

Get off your high horse - [One doesn't need to be on a high horse, a rocking horse or even a donkey to criticise a 32 year old adult for such boorish carry-on.

Strumms wrote: »
    Get off my high horse, right, I’ve had some fairly challenging times myself recently but never thought about urinating on anyone. I suppose how ever many number of people have some sort of ‘ending’ to their chosen career must be entitled to assault someone in a disgusting fashion and anyone who might be critical of said behavior is on a ‘high horse’.

Maybe we need a poll in this thread: 'Have you ever thought of urinating on another human being?' There seems to be an entire subculture of oddballs on this website for whom this is acceptable behaviour and anybody who doesn't share their twisted view is on a "high horse".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dickangel

I heard he put his micky in the lads pocket and then pissed.

Advertisement