Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night of a Thousand Corsets - Beers, June 20th D2 Harcourt Street *change of venue*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No, I is scared
    irishbird wrote: »
    are you going?
    I'm going.
    am i allowed go to this one?

If you wear a corset.

One of MY choosing.

Then you can go.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

No, I is scared
    jsb wrote: »
    hmmmmm it's a toughie but I think if you being cake for the rest of it we maybe able to overlook the condensed milk. So that woulf be enough cake for around 20 of the main brothers at least
    Maybe I will make a cake that looks like a tin of condensed milk!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

No, I is scared
    I've been meaning to attend one of these, scared sh1tless but i'll def show up......WITH condensed milk in hand :D

No, I is scared
    RedXIV wrote: »
    scared sh1tless
    I'm always afraid of going to these things.

God knows what's going to happen.

Usually good nights though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

No, I is scared
    RedXIV wrote: »
    I've been meaning to attend one of these, scared sh1tless but i'll def show up......WITH condensed milk in hand :D

As long as that's all you have in your hand when you show up, you should be fine:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, I is scared
    DesF wrote: »
    If you wear a corset.

One of MY corsets.

Then you can go.

Too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ah lads theresa Boards Beers the following week I hope this beers doesnt have a affect on theturnout to that one :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

No, I is scared
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Of course you are, pet.

In fact, I insist you go to this one. :p

thanks Tom :D
    I'm going.

If you wear a corset.

One of MY choosing.

Then you can go.

of course dear, you always pick out my clothes anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

If I can make it may I be excused from wearing a corset due to broken rib caused by over indulging in alcohol?

No, I is scared
    I'm always afraid of going to these things.

God knows what's going to happen.

Usually good nights though.

well, lets face it your life changed so much for the better after your first beers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

All seems a bit too far into the South side of the city for my liking...

No, I is scared
    well, lets face it your life changed so much for the better after your first beers :rolleyes:
    Indeed it did.

No, I is scared
    You can share a taxi with me.

If you close my seatbelt for me.

No, I is scared

i was thinking that myself, monkey, the next beers have to be on da nortsoide

No, I is scared
    of course dear, you always pick out my clothes anyway:)

ROFL. :D

Des, Des, Des. What are we going to do with you?
    aoife2k wrote: »
    If I can make it may I be excused from wearing a corset due to broken rib caused by over indulging in alcohol?

Ok, under the circumstances, you are excused. But we will have to find a suitable substitute to a corset.

Like hotpants. :D

No, I is scared
    i was thinking that myself, monkey, the next beers have to be on da nortsoide
    The Blacker ftw.

No, I is scared
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055293256

err....so who picked this pub

The Blacker ftw.

I'll reserve a few tables in the A1.

No, I is scared
    I'll reserve a few tables in the A1.
    lol

Pub-crawl I reckon.

We can incorporate The Sheaf too. And The Concorde.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    ROFL. :D

Des, Des, Des. What are we going to do with you?

Ok, under the circumstances, you are excused. But we will have to find a suitable substitute to a corset.

Like hotpants. :D

Hee hee! Thanks Tom, but I will be able to wear proper undergarments and a low top???!! just not a rib crushing corset....it's the day before my birthday too :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I Guess I must grace this with my Presence once again. Last one in the Bull and castle was great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

No, I is scared
    Hmmm, I've a 21st and a trip to Monaghan on offer that night too, now I've to choose between THREE events? Jaysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

just a warning, the pints are terrible and €6 in the russellcourt. dont know about a friday but on saturday you cannot move in that place, you need a machete get from one side of the beer garder to another. not trying to be a buzz kill and i have only been there on a saturday but if you are of 'festive proportions' and you like your beer then i really couldnt recommend this venue at all./

No, I is scared
    ferdi wrote: »
    just a warning, the pints are terrible and €6 in the russellcourt. dont know about a friday but on saturday you cannot move in that place, you need a machete get from one side of the beer garder to another. not trying to be a buzz kill and i have only been there on a saturday but if you are of 'festive proportions' and you like your beer then i really couldnt recommend this venue at all./

We have an area reserved.

We will therefore take over the whole beer garden. Have you actually met Agent Smith, snyper and smashey? Nobody will mess with us.

I think they probably do have the absolutely worst pints of Guinness I've ever tasted in my life though. And I've had pints in North, South and Central America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

No, I is scared
    I take it Fitzsimons' roof-terrace is too eh, dangerous for the likes of us?

No, I is scared
    I t hink in fairness eveyone knows the place is a dive and the drinks are completely over priced but i guess it's the company that matters and then later on in the night you get to laugh at all the 55 year old wimmin poured in to their grandchildren's "girls aloud" clothes and the girls with be guarantee their arses pinched by the ex junkies

all in all it should be great night, i cant wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

No, I is scared
    I t hink in fairness eveyone knows the place is a dive and the drinks are completely over priced but i guess it's the company that matters and then later on in the night you get to laugh at all the 55 year old wimmin poured in to their grandchildren's "girls aloud" clothes and the girls with be guarantee their arses pinched by the ex junkies

all in all it should be great night, i cant wait :)

Sounds like a BGRH kind of place all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

No, I is scared
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Hmmm, I've a 21st and a trip to Monaghan on offer that night too, now I've to choose between THREE events? Jaysis.

well if you skip Monaghan you can always try and get to the other 2 on the same night

actually can someone make sure I don't end up trying to chat up an older lady (unless she a milf then I'm fine)*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah i was at an event in the reserved section last saturday. horrible lighting and one barman, totally run off his feet and serving some of the mouldiest pints ever. the security is done by a firm called tekken and they are on a serious buzz about their new in-ear walky talky system. i know its all about the company and banter and its not up to me but this would honestly be one of the last places i'd go for a BGRH beers.

Advertisement