Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sunflowers8

There seems to be more posts about fails than usual, sorry to everyone in that boat.

WHY do they leave such a short time between results and the next sitting? There’s literally no reason why the next sitting couldn’t be in April to give people a chance to get rechecks done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Saved.bythelaw

Id say so, i got 44 and going to get it rechecked

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Fe7 wrote: »
    did ANYONE pass company .. and if so, by more than the skin of the teeth?

I got 38 in Company. I thought it was my best, it was the only one I failed!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

FE1Nov20 wrote: »
    How did people find Tort marking??

Well I got 46 in tort and I’m actually raging! With the exam crashing through it all and the stress of the beginning of the whole start time delayed with crashing - it’s absolutely absurd. I’m so raging right now

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

Can you request your scripts if you passed and how do you do this? Is there a charge for looking at your scripts? Also if you request scripts is there a chance your exam grade will be changed, I was expecting a fail for contract law but somehow managed to get 51 so I’m absolutely shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Fe1taker2020

What’s the general consensus regarding constitutional? Do you feel it was harshly marked?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

I thankfully passed the 3 I sat but would also rather more time before the next sitting as I found it hard to get any meaningful study done with results hanging over me. Is it worth a number of us emailing to ask they are pushed out? I know that it takes quite a lot of pressure for them to change but if enough of us emailed/phoned they may consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

FE1Nov20 wrote: »
    How did people find Tort marking??

I thought it was my best exam, like I didnt not stip writing. Now maybe I misidentified the issues but I got 55, I am in now way complaining because all I want is 50 but I was surprised, I got 62 in criminal when I rushed through the last question so noone of it makes sense.

I thought I'd fail eu and company and I passed so my heart goes out to those of you that thought you passed and failed, seems to be no rhyme or reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

The fact so many people seem to have gotten the 30's and are confused with Company instead is astounding. I even threw in the amendments to the Company Law Act with the Covid 2020 amendment in my answers! e.g X should file this before December 2020 to avail of X, after Dec 31st such and such applies.. blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Corplawtrainee

Do you reckon the LS would push back exams if there was enough backlash? Given the amount of people that now need to resit and who were definitely not expecitng to do so, seems ridiculous to have such a short time in between to prepare.

• Advertisement

Law101 wrote: »
    Well I got 46 in tort and I’m actually raging! With the exam crashing through it all and the stress of the beginning of the whole start time delayed with crashing - it’s absolutely absurd. I’m so raging right now

Ya I dont see how they can fail people In tort, some people were given the opportunity to go back and finish the paper after they saw the exam! Others weren't! You should be able to appeal that without a recheck, we literally lost time!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

I passed Criminal and Property but I am absolutely shocked about my Equity mark of 43. Genuinely thought it was my best exam. If I had of failed Property I wouldn't have been surprised. It seems as though a lot of people are the same. Gutted and its really put a black cloud over my mood.

I think it’s really important for us to push for a decent timeline between rechecks and the next sitting.

We should start hounding the Law Society from today and if we don’t get an answer within a week or two take it to TDs, media, whoever we can

It’s a terrible state of affairs where people think it’s easier to study an entire subject again rather than be afforded an accessible recheck/review system.

Like everyone said, we’re in the middle of a global pandemic and we’re being treated worse than ever by a professional body!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

I agree, really think they haven't given us a chance to catch our breaths.

The petition I started regarding the entire approach of the law society only has ~170 supporters: http://chng.it/zZ8gqnMHp6

The previous petition regarding pushing out October exams has over ~600: http://chng.it/2XFRnF4kbV

Unsure if the person who started that one could get another going, or what to do now. But there isn't enough supporters on the former and I feel like I've wasted my time trying to get others on board to repeal their system personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

phildub wrote: »
    Ya I dont see how they can fail people In tort, some people were given the opportunity to go back and finish the paper after they saw the exam! Others weren't! You should be able to appeal that without a recheck, we literally lost time!

Yeah I actually forgot people were even allowed go back in and finish!!! This is farce. Complete joke on their part. I’m raging even more now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SLB19971997

Congrats everyone!

Any advice on getting contract re checked?? I got 41 and I thought I did great in it! It went so well for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dropin

Instead of asking them to push back the next sitting, is there anything to be said for having a 3rd sitting this year to split the March and October exams? Probably wishful thinking but given the year thats been in it with dates being pushed back constantly, results out so close to sittings and even 2 weeks notice of a new format; surely a summer sitting to balance out the disruption should be considered?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ianmc97

Fe179user wrote: »
    Can you request your scripts if you passed and how do you do this? Is there a charge for looking at your scripts? Also if you request scripts is there a chance your exam grade will be changed, I was expecting a fail for contract law but somehow managed to get 51 so I’m absolutely shocked.

ask for it under gdpr they have to provide copies of it I did it for my first sitting where I failed one and got all 4 copies of my exams

Ianmc97 wrote: »
    ask for it under gdpr they have to provide copies of it I did it for my first sitting where I failed kne and got all 4 exams

Did you apply for a re-check and change in marks? In the end did getting your script aid you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

I know the last year has been tough for a lot of us on here and hope that results hasn't pushed anyone over the edge. If anyone needs to talk please don't be afraid to message me if they just simply feel like they need a friend to talk to in similar circumstances.

Samaritans are also available for people to call and have a chat on (01) 671 0071

Please reach out if you need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FE1student560

Anyone else beginning to think the whole thing is complete bull****? I got 38 in company having answered all 5 questions in full with plenty of caselaw. I got 48 in tort last year having left early and leaving 2 questions blank. Is this whole thing a scheme to extract money from young people? Are they marking it harder to account for potential cheating? If so that's hardly fair on people who didn't cheat. Genuinely astounded that I failed that exam hahaha. Not even angry just shocked

Dropin wrote: »
    Instead of asking them to push back the next sitting, is there anything to be said for having a 3rd sitting this year to split the March and October exams? Probably wishful thinking but given the year thats been in it with dates being pushed back constantly, results out so close to sittings and even 2 weeks notice of a new format; surely a summer sitting to balance out the disruption should be considered?

I sent a email off to them yesterday to ask if either of these two options were currently being considered by the law society, as you could of guessed, I have no received a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michaelot97

Anyone else beginning to think the whole thing is complete bull****? I got 38 in company having answered all 5 questions in full with plenty of caselaw. I got 48 in tort last year having left early and leaving 2 questions blank. Is this whole thing a scheme to extract money from young people? Are they marking it harder to account for potential cheating? If so that's hardly fair on people who didn't cheat. Genuinely astounded that I failed that exam hahaha. Not even angry just shocked

There's something not adding up with how people got on in Company and Equity this sitting... It all seems a bit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

How long does it take for them to send your script back?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LawStudent999

I have to agree about something being off about equity this sitting. I have seen 43 as a mark pop up quite a bit in this forum and I got the same. Screams lazy marking.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bkm2020

Well put!

How long does it take for them to send your script back?

Knowing the law society I would imagine forever! I think someone said they’re still waiting on their script from August? I would encourage as many people as possible to email - power in numbers and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

I feel the exact same! I only got 44 in property and thought it went so well, even my family said that I was so confident after it that I should get it rechecked which is what I'll be doing. Judging by the reactions of people here, and the fact that remotely invigilated exams (not even invigilated by an actual person!!) were not reduced in price.. seems like a money scheme. Someone said a few days ago that other exams that were moved to remote sittings were reduced in price for obvious reasons. LS have done nothing to compensate or make the exam process any easier.
    The whole thing seems like a bit of a joke if I'm honest. Feeling really deflated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Philodendron

Just to add to the conversation, I got 57 in Equity and 54 in Company but I failed both 3-4 times and used to get very low scores in previous sittings.

On another note, I finally passed all 8 after feeling like it will never end so I thank this forum for all the support. These exams are brutal and it helped so much knowing I wasn't alone in all of this.

Advertisement