Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends Reunion [HBO Max]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://tvline.com/2021/05/13/friends-reunion-premiere-date-video-hbo-max/

The guests listed, for whatever reason, really don't sell it to me.

Airs May 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Guests will include: David Beckham, Justin Bieber, BTS, James Corden, Cindy Crawford, Cara Delevingne, Lady Gaga, Elliott Gould, Kit Harington, Larry Hankin, Mindy Kaling, Thomas Lennon, Christina Pickles, Tom Selleck, James Michael Tyler, Maggie Wheeler, Reese Witherspoon and Malala Yousafzai

No Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Giovanni Ribisi, Danny DeVito or Adam Goldberg, some of the best guest stars

Well at least some of them were in the series, but Bieber? BTS?

Seems it's going to be a mix of sit down chats and skits.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well at least some of them were in the series, but Bieber? BTS?

Seems it's going to be a mix of sit down chats and skits.

To sing the theme tune or songs featured on the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,281 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The series is now so(!) old that that main cast are nearing retirement age and the children of the main characters could have their own Friends-like series.

Name Actor Born Age in 1994 Age in 2004 Age in 2021
    Phoebe Lisa Kudrow 1963 31 41 58
    Monica Courteney Cox 1964 30 40 57
    Ross David Schwimmer 1966 28 38 55
    Joey Matt LeBlanc 1967 27 37 54
    Chandler Matthew Perry 1969 25 35 52
    Rachel Jennifer Aniston 1969 25 35 52

Ben Cole Sprouse 1992 2 12 29
    Ben Charles Thomas Allen 1994 0 10 27
    Ben John Christopher Allen 1994 0 10 27

Emma Cali Sheldon 2002 - 2 19
    Emma Noelle Sheldon 2002 - 2 19
    Emma Elizabeth Davidson 2002 - 2 19

Leslie Buffay Allisyn Snyder 1996 - 8 25
    Frank Buffay Jr. Jr. Dante Pastula 1997 - 7 24
    Chandler Buffay Sierra Marcoux 1998 - 6 23

Erica - - - 0 17
    Jack - - - 0 17

• Advertisement

What did Monica and Chandler name their twins? I think one after the birth mother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What did Monica and Chandler name their twins? I think one after the birth mother

The twins were called Erica and Jack. After the birth Morther and Monica’s dad

I remember Anna Faris as Erica now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

I wish they'd kept the guests to people who actually starred in the show or were involved in the production. I mean I'm fine with Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga performing or whatever, but David Beckham, Cara Delevigne, Kit Harrington....James Cordon?

Sounds like it's more of a chat show featuring the cast of friends rather than a proper reunion. It's kinda putting me off it.

I'm unsure what it is. Seems to be a mix of James Corden interviewing them (Bring back Gaby Roslin!), just them talking among themselves, reading scenes and then random other stuff

• Advertisement

Will it air anywhere over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭FinnC

Monica has got more work done on her face than I have on my house over the last few years....

Importantly how is the duck and chick?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

why is James cordon asking questions ? Just let the cast talk about the show and have a few people who were cast members outside of the six get on the nostalgia train. We don’t need this lad ruining it.

FinnC wrote: »
    Monica has got more work done on her face than I have on my house over the last few years....

Ah she looks better now than a few years ago. I know Mathew Perry had issues with addiction but he looks older than he is.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    why is James cordon asking questions ? Just let the cast talk about the show and have a few people who were cast members outside of the five get on the nostalgia train. We don’t need this lad ruining it.

Who do you refuse to acknowledge as a cast member? Lisa Kudrow, right? Phoebe lived away from everyone and wasn't related to any of them

Who do you refuse to acknowledge as a cast member? Lisa Kudrow, right? Phoebe lived away from everyone and wasn't related to any of them

What ? Sorry there were six main cast. I’m not sure what the last part is about.

Just joking referring to something Rachel said in the series after breaking up with Ross about she always thought it would be Phoebe that would be the first one to leave because she lived far away and wasn't related to any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What the hell? Jennifer Anistons face looks like a computer generated image.

Matt Le Blanc has put on a shed load of weight even since he was on top gear a few years ago.

Only Perry, Schwimmer and Kudrow look like they aged normally.

The fact that James Corden is in it turns me right off it. He's just Ryan Tubridy on a Burger King diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

Everything looks too polished and bright.

It's just going to be an extended episode of James Corden's chat show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I used to bare James Cordon no ill will. He seemed enthusiastic and game but then he went to the US and started popping up EVERYWHERE there. He went from harmless to superficial and obnoxious on no time, while the yanks appear to have an infinite appetite for his style.

To the reunion? Meh, I might have been more interested if it was a proper, Some Years Later revival, the vast struggling to cope with middle age and being past their "peak".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,031 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Lisa Kudrow looks unreal and natural.
    She is a really fun actress and picks interesting things as well. Excellent in that recent British show Feel Good.
    The comeback is also seriously underrated.

Not massive friends fan so won't be watching it.

James Corden cannot stand the site of him. Anything I have heard about him as a person is not good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Does anyone know when it’ll air here and on what channel? Massive Friends fan here & looking forward to watching it. Not sure what the point is of having those guests on who had nothing to do with the show but hopefully it’ll make sense when it’s broadcast.

Seems Sky is the favourite to show it but no confirmed broadcaster yet as of 2 days ago
    https://deadline.com/2021/05/friends-reunion-sky-favorite-uk-rights-hbo-max-1234758139/

I know they have celebrities to attract viewers, but this is a special where that kind of thing wasn't needed

Pussyhands wrote: »
    What the hell? Jennifer Anistons face looks like a computer generated image.

Must be the Aveeno and Evian :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

pixelburp wrote: »
    I used to bare James Cordon no ill will. He seemed enthusiastic and game but then he went to the US and started popping up EVERYWHERE there. He went from harmless to superficial and obnoxious on no time, while the yanks appear to have an infinite appetite for his style.

He was always obnoxious.

Why dont they just make a few new episodes.

He was always obnoxious.

Why dont they just make a few new episodes.

I’m glad there’s no new episodes. There’s no way they could pull it off to be as good as the original IMO. (There’s plenty of original episodes I’d love to delete from my brain too btw, not saying it was all amazing!).

The cast photo looks airbrushed and photoshopped to bits too. Hate the way they think that looks any way good.

I noticed Matthew Perry was very quiet in that trailer. Think he only some once.

Seems Sky is the favourite to show it but no confirmed broadcaster yet as of 2 days ago
    https://deadline.com/2021/05/friends-reunion-sky-favorite-uk-rights-hbo-max-1234758139/

I know they have celebrities to attract viewers, but this is a special where that kind of thing wasn't needed

Thanks. Looks like I’ll need to get Sky in the next week or so!

Yeah nobody wants to hear from random celebrities, the main cast and maybe some of the guest stars and Gunther!! That would be perfection!

• Advertisement

I noticed Matthew Perry was very quiet in that trailer. Think he only some once.

I’m trying to avoid all trailers but I don’t think Matthew Perry is well at the moment. He’s struggled with addictions hasn’t he? Hope he’s ok.

Advertisement