Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suicide Squad Sequel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah seeing that Role Call, it's more an Expendable Squad.
    King Shark looks like the Harley Quinn series design. Wonder why he didn't have an actor listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Then there's Peter Capaldi as Thinker ... that's going to be fun to watch. :eek:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

font says it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,890 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is enough of them there that 3/4's of them should be killed off throughout the film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well Harley is safe, I'd be confident in saying that. The rest might be up for grabs, bar most of the famous faces. Thinking John Cena and Idris Elba here. Hope Capaldi makes it if only because the man's magnetic to watch, no matter the role (and is once again playing the smartest man in the room)

Willing to put money on Captain Boomerang being toast within 5 minutes :D Could be a fun little deadpool (no, not that one) to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Polka-Dot Man isn't getting out alive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Polka-Dot Man isn't getting out alive.

I was going to say, but then maybe he'll be the Reverse Kenny? A running joke were he gets hit and oh, no, he's ok. I reckon his survival is more 50-50. Either first to die or survives, no in between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,500 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

bnt wrote: »
    Then there's Peter Capaldi as Thinker ... that's going to be fun to watch. :eek:

What’s his super power, stealing dogs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

pixelburp wrote: »
    I was going to say, but then maybe he'll be the Reverse Kenny? A running joke were he gets hit and oh, no, he's ok. I reckon his survival is more 50-50. Either first to die or survives, no in between

Yeah, possibly. It would be a waste if they got rid of David Dastmalchian early doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

font says it all

Bit of a Kelly's Heroes vibe off that too?

u_5aeaf372-4700-412e-9905-367dac18109c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

What’s his super power, stealing dogs?

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There is enough of them there that 3/4's of them should be killed off throughout the film.

I think any / all of them in campy outfits are getting decimated early on. A bit like the team Deadpool puts together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wouldnt be suprised if Cena is offed quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

James Gunn's first film since the unpleasantness has his first take on the eponymous team. Unlike most people I got a kick out of a lot of the first. I'm not a comic book fan so have no idea how it relates to them but I thought it was fun for the most part. Editing, the final 15 minutes and some obnoxious music choices aside it wasn't all bad. Plus it won an Oscar so there.

This follow up looks to be just as cast heavy; Michael Rooker and Nathan Fillion being ones to watch. It actually is starting to look a bit like "Mystery Men".

Also today I learned James Gunn was married to Pam from the Office:US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

Sneak Peeks

• Advertisement

Nathan Fillion would be my guess as I think his character has been made just for this film.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Nathan Fillion would be my guess as I think his character has been made just for this film.

Speculation is that his character's codename TDK is short for "the detachable kid", with the character being a rebadged version of Arm-Fall-Off-Boy from the Legion of Super Heroes.

Fysh wrote: »
    Speculation is that his character's codename TDK is short for "the detachable kid", with the character being a rebadged version of Arm-Fall-Off-Boy from the Legion of Super Heroes.

"Arm fall off boy" is such a glib reminder of how superhero comics started as disposable pulp fiction made for kids; the writers perhaps not trying too hard that morning.

They were out of ideas and hadn't had their coffee yet; "arm .... Uh, fall off ... Boy. Yeah. He can pull his arms off and throw them, I dunno. We got another 34 editions to write today."

"Arm fall off boy" is such a glib reminder of how superhero comics started as disposable pulp fiction made for kids; the writers perhaps not trying too hard that morning.

They were out of ideas and hadn't had their coffee yet; "arm .... Uh, fall off ... Boy. Yeah. He can pull his arms off and throw them, I dunno. We got another 34 editions to write today."

Tbf Polka Dot Man sounds equally as demented, better powers true but still an awful name :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I liked how people assumed polka-dot man was a CGI suit for King Shark, and then it was "nope, that's polka-dot man of course".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,526 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

p to the e wrote: »
    James Gunn's first film since the unpleasantness has his first take on the eponymous team. Unlike most people I got a kick out of a lot of the first. I'm not a comic book fan so have no idea how it relates to them but I thought it was fun for the most part. Editing, the final 15 minutes and some obnoxious music choices aside it wasn't all bad. Plus it won an Oscar so there.

This follow up looks to be just as cast heavy; Michael Rooker and Nathan Fillion being ones to watch. It actually is starting to look a bit like "Mystery Men".

Also today I learned James Gunn was married to Pam from the Office:US

:eek: never knew that

Sylvester Stallone just confirmed he has been cast

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sylvester Stallone just confirmed he has been cast

Avengers-Endgame-Quotes-6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Red Band trailer popped up; looks already so much more enjoyable than the last mess of a film. YouTube's trailer is age-gated so here's a Twitter vid instead.

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1375477644431478786

Already looks a thousand times better the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Looks great, I actually had little interest in watching the trailer but I’m looking forward to the film now

I'm just going to take a wild swing that the team we see at 1:06 are all going to die horribly in the first act, given the bulk of the trailer features absolutely none of them (apart from Joel Kinnaman's character, who presumably still leads each team).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I can’t put my finger on it, but the trailer kinda has a weird vibe to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Some fairly ropey CGI, especially King Shark.

Is Joel Kinnon really thst big or is that CGI too?

Feels like it has a bit more humour this time round but also looks like it's trying a bit too hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Trailer looks good..... But.
    The trailers for the last one made it look fantastic and that turned out to be utter garbage. So I’ll wait and see what happens after the reviews come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Obligatory rewatch of the first trailer for the first film

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Red Band trailer popped up; looks already so much more enjoyable than the last mess of a film. YouTube's trailer is age-gated so here's a Twitter vid instead.

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1375477644431478786

I thought John Cena was supposed to be in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Roar wrote: »
    I thought John Cena was supposed to be in this?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,306 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think people just need to stop watching trailers and they will enjoy the films better. For me I have no intention if purposely watching the trailer for this. Augest is only 4 months away so I will wait till after I have hopefully seen the film in the cinema then check the trailer out after it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

So did the trailer for the first one

So did the trailer for the first one

I dont think there has ever been such a disconnect between first trailer and actual movie as with Suicide Squad.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I dont think there has ever been such a disconnect between first trailer and actual movie as with Suicide Squad.

Was there though? I mean the Marketing Agency who cut that trailer, edited the final film so it could be argued we got exactly what was promised :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

My interest in DC is at an all time low and this film doesn't do anything to alleviate that. I'd actually argue that the success of Aquaman has been disastrous for the property as a whole because now we're stuck in this weird place where continuity has been completely shot. It's incoherent to me and tedious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Trailer looks good..... But.
    The trailers for the last one made it look fantastic and that turned out to be utter garbage. So I’ll wait and see what happens after the reviews come out.

For these sorts of things, I find it much better to look at who's making them to gauge how it might turn out over anything else.

David Ayer isn't a man you'd want writing and directing a film of this sort. Give him a cop procedural or a straightforward blunt actioner and he's grand, but he's not the man for wit or charm or nuance.

Meanwhile James Gunn is exactly the man you want writing and directing a film like this. Guardians of the Galaxy is basically the template for the tone and style you want to find, so it's not a bad idea to just bring in the guy who achieved that and tell him to do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I know James Gunn said that DC gave him permission to kill whoever he pleased, but I still bet'ya Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn had a big ringfence around her marked "Off limits". I don't believe for one second the film would be allowed to knock off its most prized star. Ditto Bloodspot TBH; can't see DC allowing Idris Elba, arguably the only other A-List star, to get offed.

Weirdly, I reckon Polka Dot Man is fine. He seems like such a goofy addition to (what appears to be) the film's main team, I can see Gunn intentionally keeping its silliest villain alive.

I know James Gunn said that DC gave him permission to kill whoever he pleased, but I still bet'ya Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn had a big ringfence around her marked "Off limits". I don't believe for one second the film would be allowed to knock off its most prized star. Ditto Bloodspot TBH; can't see DC allowing Idris Elba, arguably the only other A-List star, to get offed.

Weirdly, I reckon Polka Dot Man is fine. He seems like such a goofy addition to (what appears to be) the film's main team, I can see Gunn intentionally keeping its silliest villain alive.

The fact Polka Dot Man actually said he hopes to die makes me think he will live, like he'll kinda embrace the whole "Suicide" part of the mission yet end up as a running gag of somehow escaping death against the odds at every turn despite his best efforts (with maybe the likes of Blackguard/Weasel etc. dying instead of him).

Seems kinda like what Gunn would do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭El Duda

I can't believe how terrible this looks. James Gunn... why?

King Shark FFS

Maybe after Marvel rehired him he decided to act as a saboteur and make the worst DC film imaginable?

• Advertisement

El Duda wrote: »
    King Shark FFS

I am Groot?

Yeah, like... lol wot? territory here. Gunn made Marvel millions of dollars in succeeding with a series that has a talking Racoon and Tree in its line-up. King Shark is hardly the most out-there thing he has done.

Yeah, like... lol wot? territory here. Gunn made Marvel millions of dollars in succeeding with a series that has a talking Racoon and Tree in its line-up. King Shark is hardly the most out-there thing he has done.

I am Groooot!

30th July UK release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
Advertisement