Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the best 20 Euro you ever spent?

• 17-09-2018 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Sitting here on a Monday, waiting for a package from Next (p&p €5), which should have been delivered through AnPost on Thursday. It’s got me thinking.

What’s the best €20 you ever spent?

For me, I think it has to be the ASOS next day delivery service. €20 for a year of next day delivery through DHL or UPS for any value of item or amount.

What’s yours?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

461473.jpg

Was only €20 in Superquinn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,314 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A blow job

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

muffler wrote: »
    A blow job

Giving or taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

One of those Xiaomi Power Banks. Mighty yokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

CANDLES!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My first poker tournament in the first year of university. I had only €20 left to my name and entered (it cost €20), I won the damn thing and ended up winning a lot more from that point onwards, paying for my whole university course for 4 years with poker.

A blow job

How long did it take the guy to cum?

Wireless Bluetooth headphones from Amazon. Can't believe how good they are.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Can you use them to watch video on an Android device without an audio/video lag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Two tickets to last year's FAI Cup Final, watching Cork City win the double :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Two tickets to last year's FAI Cup Final, watching Cork City win the double :D

We're counting on ye and Dundalk to get to the cup final again cause 4th will get Waterford into Europe next year

Don't mess up in the semi final, tough draw for ye though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Any of the cheap nights out I had when I was a teenager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Your Face wrote: »
    Any of the cheap nights out I had when I was a teenager.

Back when 20 quid got you about 6 pints and a box of fags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

€20 @ 20/1 on Liverpool to win the 2005 Champions League after they qualified for the knockout stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

not exactly €20 on the nose, but paying nearly that much for entry into Taste of Dublin. It'w where I met my wife :cool:

Suppose the 19.99 I spent on a book helping me learn some mentalism tricks. It helped me develop a "patter" where around 6-7 times out of 10 I can trigger a shop attendant to give me change of a 50 despite me only handing over a 10.

I always give this back after testing it - with the exception of a shop assistant who was so offended by the idea I had manipulated him that he refused to admit to having made an error and so I ended up leaving with the money.

So essentially I spent 19.99 - learned some new skills - then got double my money back using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

what brand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,519 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Best €15 ever spent was for a PRTB challenge to a letting agency that tried to pull a fast one on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

PTH2009 wrote: »
    We're counting on ye and Dundalk to get to the cup final again cause 4th will get Waterford into Europe next year

What a semi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,133 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

evil_seed wrote: »
    not exactly €20 on the nose, but paying nearly that much for entry into Taste of Dublin. It'w where I met my wife :cool:

And you've been paying ever since ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I definitely won't be spending €20 on a bet that City will reach the final again this year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Sounds tasty;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,314 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It'w where I met my wife :cool:
    had she 20 Euro in her purse by any chance? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Several years ago I spent three euros on a pair of nearly new, fancy brand, really groovy ankle boots in a second hand store, and Cheesus Cripes I love them so much, it's unreal. They are the loveliest shoes in the world, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Bought a Juul while in USA, stopped smoking cigarettes after 15 years.

Sitting here on a Monday, waiting for a package from Next (p&p €5), which should have been delivered through AnPost on Thursday. It’s got me thinking.

For me, I think it has to be the ASOS next day delivery service. €20 for a year of next day delivery through DHL or UPS for any value of item or amount.

What’s yours?

I didn't know asos had 20 quid for a year of ndd. That's really good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Suppose the 19.99 I spent on a book helping me learn some mentalism tricks. It helped me develop a "patter" where around 6-7 times out of 10 I can trigger a shop attendant to give me change of a 50 despite me only handing over a 10.

I always give this back after testing it - with the exception of a shop assistant who was so offended by the idea I had manipulated him that he refused to admit to having made an error and so I ended up leaving with the money.

So essentially I spent 19.99 - learned some new skills - then got double my money back using it.

Got a link to the book?

Can you use them to watch video on an Android device without an audio/video lag?
    Dunno, have only used for Audio from the phone. Fine from laptop for video is all I know.
    what brand?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Betron-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-Microphone-black/dp/B01M8FLGB2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1537188719&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=wireless+headphones+betron&psc=1
    Up to about 30 quid now, I got them on a flash deal. I was about to pull the trigger at full price (I know someone else with them) and got lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

MAJJ wrote: »
    Got a link to the book?

I would also like said link or name of the book.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I would also like said link or name of the book.

He already gave it to you twice. You just need to send him back one of the copies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

A few years ago Citylink and Go Bus were at war in Galway and Citylink were offering a few €1 bus fares on each bus. At the same time Ryanair were doing a €2 seat sale.

Got an early morning bus from Galway to Shannon airport for €1.
    Flight from Shannon to London for €2. Arrived around 8.30am.
    Spend the day in London, checking out mostly free museums and sights. Got an all-you-can-eat Chinese in Chinatown for £5.
    Flight back that night (around 9pm) for €2.
    Bus back up to Galway for €1.

All for around €11.50 each. Can't remember what the airport-city bus cost but might have been covered by the €8.50 change. :P

MAJJ wrote: »
    Got a link to the book?

Argh you got me on the hop there and now I have blanked on which book it is - as I have read so many. But I think it was NLP & Magic, other secrets by Mathieu Bich. But I probably draw on others books like Reality Is Plastic: The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis by Anthony Jacquin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Argh you got me on the hop there and now I have blanked on which book it is - as I have read so many. But I think it was NLP & Magic, other secrets by Mathieu Bich. But I probably draw on others books like Reality Is Plastic: The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis by Anthony Jacquin.

Thanks!

Can you persuade somebody to buy me the book so I get it for free? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A book Knitting for Dummies . It cost me €15 and got me back into knitting and now I have a hobby I love and lots of babies are snug and warm too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Probably a 5 euro rebuy online poker tournament. Won about 3k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Thanks!

Can you persuade somebody to buy me the book so I get it for free? :pac:

This might sound odd but some guy with amazing patter just got me to buy it for you. So, just PM your address so I can send it and maybe I can still get to my wife and kids in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

A blow job

I was quoted € 30 with no Johnny. God damn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Two large pizzas off Pizza Hut.

They were delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

461473.jpg

Was only €20 in Superquinn.

The boom times are back again folks! :D

Best 20 quid I spent was probably the 2003 gold Celtic shirt I got on sale when I was a kid, not so much of Celtic fan these days but it's still a gorgeous kit and still have it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have wireless earphones which are amazing, there is no problem watching video.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundMAGIC-E10BT-BK-Earbuds-Earphones-Black/dp/B01N5VRG53/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537198936&sr=8-1&keywords=soundmagic+e10bt

Never knew how much wired earphones annoyed me until I got these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

€18 for a ticket to see The Dickies playing in the Thomas House last July .... waited a lifetime to see them live and then they pop up in a pub on Thomas St. Amazing , sweaty, fun filled night of po-going :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

Probably went I got lost in Slovakia drunk, phone dead, only brought out cash with me for beer. No idea where I was or my friends, no taxis around anywhere at 3am.

After four hours of wandering around I finally made it home and went to a bar near where I was staying and had 7 or 8 pints. Best 20 quid I ever spent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

Buying a Hurley,Corkmans last line of defence

Ah the good old days

I definitely won't be spending €20 on a bet that City will reach the final again this year :(
    Not the only one, debatable whether I get another season ticket,,the agony/ecstacy of bring a CCFC supporter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Buying a Hurley,Corkmans last line of defence

I thought you might have known how to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

RayCon wrote: »
    €18 for a ticket to see The Dickies playing in the Thomas House last July .... waited a lifetime to see them live and then they pop up in a pub on Thomas St. Amazing , sweaty, fun filled night of po-going :cool:

Was so raging that I only found out about this gig after it happened. Devastated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

A train from Aachen to Frankfurt. Got talking to a beautiful blonde who really liked me. Some few days in Frankfurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A pair of boots in Stradbally at a market during the week on Thursday after finishing working my four shifts for advanced volunteering at Electric Picnic, my old boots disintegrating and spotting a great pair of new walking boots for twenty Euro. Perfect for the next three days of lots of walking through the festival site. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Almost certainly a groupon deal for a hundred condoms. Saved me a fortune in maintenance!

• Advertisement
Advertisement