Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best 20 Euro you ever spent?

Options
  • 17-09-2018 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Sitting here on a Monday, waiting for a package from Next (p&p €5), which should have been delivered through AnPost on Thursday. It’s got me thinking.

What’s the best €20 you ever spent?

For me, I think it has to be the ASOS next day delivery service. €20 for a year of next day delivery through DHL or UPS for any value of item or amount.

What’s yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

461473.jpg

Was only €20 in Superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A blow job

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

muffler wrote: »
    A blow job

Giving or taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

One of those Xiaomi Power Banks. Mighty yokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

CANDLES!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My first poker tournament in the first year of university. I had only €20 left to my name and entered (it cost €20), I won the damn thing and ended up winning a lot more from that point onwards, paying for my whole university course for 4 years with poker.

muffler wrote: »
    A blow job

How long did it take the guy to cum?

Wireless Bluetooth headphones from Amazon. Can't believe how good they are.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Can you use them to watch video on an Android device without an audio/video lag?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Two tickets to last year's FAI Cup Final, watching Cork City win the double :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,927 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Two tickets to last year's FAI Cup Final, watching Cork City win the double :D

We're counting on ye and Dundalk to get to the cup final again cause 4th will get Waterford into Europe next year

Don't mess up in the semi final, tough draw for ye though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Any of the cheap nights out I had when I was a teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Your Face wrote: »
    Any of the cheap nights out I had when I was a teenager.

Back when 20 quid got you about 6 pints and a box of fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

€20 @ 20/1 on Liverpool to win the 2005 Champions League after they qualified for the knockout stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

not exactly €20 on the nose, but paying nearly that much for entry into Taste of Dublin. It'w where I met my wife :cool:

Suppose the 19.99 I spent on a book helping me learn some mentalism tricks. It helped me develop a "patter" where around 6-7 times out of 10 I can trigger a shop attendant to give me change of a 50 despite me only handing over a 10.

I always give this back after testing it - with the exception of a shop assistant who was so offended by the idea I had manipulated him that he refused to admit to having made an error and so I ended up leaving with the money.

So essentially I spent 19.99 - learned some new skills - then got double my money back using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

what brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Best €15 ever spent was for a PRTB challenge to a letting agency that tried to pull a fast one on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

PTH2009 wrote: »
    We're counting on ye and Dundalk to get to the cup final again cause 4th will get Waterford into Europe next year

What a semi

• Registered Users Posts: 19,103 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

evil_seed wrote: »
    not exactly €20 on the nose, but paying nearly that much for entry into Taste of Dublin. It'w where I met my wife :cool:

And you've been paying ever since ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

PTH2009 wrote: »

I definitely won't be spending €20 on a bet that City will reach the final again this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Sounds tasty;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It'w where I met my wife :cool:
    had she 20 Euro in her purse by any chance? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Several years ago I spent three euros on a pair of nearly new, fancy brand, really groovy ankle boots in a second hand store, and Cheesus Cripes I love them so much, it's unreal. They are the loveliest shoes in the world, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Bought a Juul while in USA, stopped smoking cigarettes after 15 years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sitting here on a Monday, waiting for a package from Next (p&p €5), which should have been delivered through AnPost on Thursday. It’s got me thinking.

For me, I think it has to be the ASOS next day delivery service. €20 for a year of next day delivery through DHL or UPS for any value of item or amount.

What’s yours?

I didn't know asos had 20 quid for a year of ndd. That's really good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Suppose the 19.99 I spent on a book helping me learn some mentalism tricks. It helped me develop a "patter" where around 6-7 times out of 10 I can trigger a shop attendant to give me change of a 50 despite me only handing over a 10.

I always give this back after testing it - with the exception of a shop assistant who was so offended by the idea I had manipulated him that he refused to admit to having made an error and so I ended up leaving with the money.

So essentially I spent 19.99 - learned some new skills - then got double my money back using it.

Got a link to the book?

Can you use them to watch video on an Android device without an audio/video lag?
    Dunno, have only used for Audio from the phone. Fine from laptop for video is all I know.
    what brand?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Betron-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-Microphone-black/dp/B01M8FLGB2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1537188719&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=wireless+headphones+betron&psc=1
    Up to about 30 quid now, I got them on a flash deal. I was about to pull the trigger at full price (I know someone else with them) and got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

MAJJ wrote: »
    Got a link to the book?

I would also like said link or name of the book.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I would also like said link or name of the book.

He already gave it to you twice. You just need to send him back one of the copies.

Advertisement