Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Everything was the opposite of what you would have expected. The good ones were bad and the terrible one was probably the best of the night! Bianca called it when she said "and thanks to the internet where she [Sharon] got her jokes". A lot of her jokes were something you'd get out of crackers or are famous jokes by other people. So plain and simple. It was a weird performance. Pandora sadly was bad too, but then, has she ever been more than just occasionally good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Comedy is a hard one though and not everyone's strong point. Alaska did it well, she's not a natural comic but played on that and ended up being really funny as a result. I thought Jinkx would be better but she was drunk, Willam was awful. Thank God for Mimi, who would have thought we'd ever think that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I got the vibe they didn't give two ****s about it really. Sharon scribbling notes whilst telling jokes was a clear indication of that., William asking was he done with his stint. They made it easy for Bianca to destroy them.

I guess Mimi had a lot to prove and with her uploading her segments probably knew they could be a hit online. Sharon reading Mimi was, I'll admit, a laugh out loud moment for me but top marks go to Mimi and Alaska.

If I paid money for that cruise, and judging by that level of comedy, jaysus I'd be awful miffed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I was in the dragon last night for jinkx and they announced who would be coming over in the next few months. Jan is raja. Will be announced Monday. March they will have house of Edwards. Shangela alyssa and laganja. April is Bendelacreme. There's also a season 7 queen coming and someone else I think I've forgotten!

I was in the dragon last night for jinkx and they announced who would be coming over in the next few months. Jan is raja. Will be announced Monday. March they will have house of Edwards. Shangela alyssa and laganja. April is Bendelacreme. There's also a season 7 queen coming and someone else I think I've forgotten!

Thanks for posting. I have got to see Dela, love her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

eviltwin wrote: »
    Thanks for posting. I have got to see Dela, love her.

Yeah gonna go myself! They'll be announcing them all on Facebook with links to buy tickets. I know some people were saying how they never know about them because they always announce not long before it so thought I would give a heads up! :)

I am looking forward to Ben already! Defo. going to that, ty for the heads up :)

On Logo's recent 15 Fan Favourite Queen's of RPDR, there were some talking heads with the aforementioned queens... Sharon has had some rather iffy looking plastic surgery done in the past few months. She now has naturally pouty lips that I think look very strange on her, especially without make up on... She's like a duck! Can't say I'm a fan.

Also, Detox is unrecognisable in the picture of her from before her car accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Sharon has always had an obsession with extreme plastic surgery even joking about it in Season 4 with Chad. She idolises Amanda Lepore and Joan Collins. I think she even had s song out with Amanda Lepore about plastic surgery.
    So I guess the only surprising thing to me is that that's all she has had done

• Advertisement

Apparently, Michelle Visage is heavily rumoured to be in Celebrity Big Brother which starts tonight on Channel 5...

Interesting choice if true.

Paddy C wrote: »
    Apparently, Michelle Visage is heavily rumoured to be in Celebrity Big Brother which starts tonight on Channel 5...

Interesting choice if true.

Very interesting as she is not well known at all. If it's true I wonder does this mean Five are showing the UK version of Drag Race. It would be a good way to build up Michelle's profile.

Rylan Clarke (the co-host) cryptically said that they are steering away from reality TV stars as contestants, but said there may be one going in that isn't well known over here yet. Sounds like it could be Michelle alright, plus he said "known over here yet" as if we're going to be seeing a lot more of them, possibly a TV showing of Drag Race US or the home of Drag Race UK perhaps...?

She is a fan of CBB and tweets about it all the time but she flat out denied she was going to be on it when asked.
    I don't think she will be unfortunately.

Well, of course she would flat out deny it. She'd be under a contractual obligation to do so until it is revealed on TV! But it has happened more times than not that people have denied the rumours of going on to CBB and then, oh, look who it is!

Well, of course she would flat out deny it. She'd be under a contractual obligation to do so until it is revealed on TV! But it has happened more times than not that people have denied the rumours of going on to CBB and then, oh, look who it is!

The Drag Offical FB page had a post during the week confirming that Michelle was going in. It mentioned a few other names as well but was taken down pretty quickly. I don't know what if anything it means but it will be interesting to see if any of their predictions are right.

• Advertisement

Some leaked stills of celebs in front of the Big Brother logo are online now. Shows her all glammed up for what seems like her eviction profiler. I hope it's true though, I think she'd make some great television. Recently got into her podcasts with Ru and just adore her personality.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/celebrity-big-brother-2015-full-4932256

I reckon the Mirror would be pretty accurate, this story only went up in the past couple of hours.

MTV are now showing repeats of CBB so for Irish viewers who can't get Channel 5, you can still watch the show on MTV a day or so behind.

Well i was wrong. She's in there. I hope the UK "get" her

For Irish fans looking to watch on MTV, it isn't available for some reason on standard definition MTV, only MTV HD. It is also available on MTV+1. Whatever attempt they had at trying to block it for Irish viewers is half hearted.

Like, how can they block it on MTV but not MTV HD or MTV+1? Unless MTV+1 is a downscale of the HD service, and not the SD one as you would expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Does anyone know what date E01S7 is airing in the US? Is it Monday 12th?

The start date for Season 7hasn't been announced yet. Short answer, no-one knows!

It'll probably be anounced in the next week or two. It's usually the end of January or start of February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Looking forward to another season of classic quotes, hopefully!

"How is she tho"

I have trawled youtube for all things related to the show over the last month because the wait for this series to arrive is wrecking my head. I have to say that 'Allyssa's Secrets' with Allyssa Edwards is by far the most enjoyable. She is totally demented

My favourite is James St James' Transformations, he gets a different drag queen or prominent make up artist to come on and paint him into whatever they like. One of my favourites is actually Vivacious, his make up job is pretty basic but the chat they have is just magical.

^ I love that series! Ben De La Creme's end look was one of the best. Bianca and Sharon had great convos too. I'll give this one a luck, didn't know Viv had one.

Yeah,
    Bendalcrème!! GURL she was robbed!!! She is so damn nice in AND OUT of drag! I will never come to terms with that useless turd Darienne Lake getting farther than Dela.

Love Transformations with James Saint James as well - looking forward to this one with Vivacious, who I always thought would have a lot more personality than we got to see during her appearance on RPDR.

Finally I might just add (if anyone here knows what I am talking about, and I hope you all do) that the sound of Lady Red Couture singing the outtro to Hey Qween (which I frikkin' adore) is literally all I have heard in my head for the last few days.

**** - I just realised that actually 'Hey Qween' is my favourite, but then it's not really comparing like for like because 'Hey Qween' is a full length show. I love the one with Chi Chi La Rue because she's a real seedy hag and that's just how I like my 'celebs'

Ben was robbed indeed! Looking back in her season, I would put her on par with Bianca or Courtney. And as Ru said in the reunion, the outcry over her getting snatched in the end helped her endlessly with her career.

Characters like Vivacious should really be left in towards at least the half way mark. The detail in her costumes alone from what little we saw of her warranted it. Alas, club kids aren't flavour of the month ^^

Incidently if anyone hasn't seen Gia's transformation, beware the Laganja appearance...

Finally I might just add (if anyone here knows what I am talking about, and I hope you all do) that the sound of Lady Red Couture singing the outtro to Hey Qween (which I frikkin' adore) is literally all I have heard in my head for the last few days.
    Ugh, don't talk to me about that web series. I like it, but I cannot abide Johnny McGovern. So loud, fake and annoying. A terrible host. If he toned it down massively I think a lot more people would like the show.

Ugh, don't talk to me about that web series. I like it, but I cannot abide Johnny McGovern. So loud, fake and annoying. A terrible host. If he toned it down massively I think a lot more people would like the show.

Totally agree, I kind of wish it was just Lady Red because he's always amped up and fake as.

• Advertisement

In fact, in his most recent video with Leganja, he addresses the people who comment on his videos saying he's loud and annoying and that he should tone down a bit and says "f**k you", so if there was any way to act professional and rise above it, that was certainly not how to do it.

He seems like a very up himself sort of guy, incidentally like Perez Hilton in Celebrity Big Brother, where if he isn't the centre of attention, he'd do what he can to make it happen.

How very dare you. BOTH of you :mad:

heeeeeeyyyyyy qwweeeeeeeeeeenn

LOOK AT HUHHH!

Drag Race UK News

Attitude Magazine are reporting sources as saying that Drag Race UK will be broadcast on Channel 5 this year with RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Jodie Harsh and Paul O'Grady as judges. Jonathan Ross has bought the UK rights and is also involved with the show in some form.

Drag Race UK News

Attitude Magazine are reporting sources as saying that Drag Race UK will be broadcast on Channel 5 this year with RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Jodie Harsh and Paul O'Grady as judges. Jonathan Ross has bought the UK rights and is also involved with the show in some form.

Yay!!!!!!

Oh, and also, Season 7 isn't starting until March now in the US. Apparently. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkk

That Vivacious segment was glorious! As the youtube comments said, I could listen to the two of them all day. Even online, I had a wee scoop at some of Vivacious' club sets and that girl had a lot more to offer. Could easily poke fun at herself while still killing it.

I feel so hipster-like thinking that now we all have to share Michelle's awesomeness with the world after CBB!

• Advertisement

I actually was growing to not like Michelle and Santino in Drag Race. I was getting tired of them. Now I'm watching Celebrity Big Brother I find myself liking Michelle's personality away from Drag Race. I definitely hope she makes the final and it would be amazing if she won it.

I dunno if that would ever happen with Santino though...

Michelle is on Celebrity Big Brother - that just proves it's in the works. She's doing a promo and making her face known.

'Spill the tea' though? Really, queen?

Michelle Visage tonight just....was sensational re gay rights. I seriously had a bit of a well up; how sad is that? ^^

I'm loving seeing the softer side of Michelle on CBB and so glad that the non Drag Race viewing public get her and have warmed to her.

Oh, and also, Season 7 isn't starting until March now in the US. Apparently. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

Where did you get this info from Paddy?

• Advertisement

It was on Twitter, someone had re-tweeted an executive at Logo saying that March was the month Drag Race was returning but the tweet had since been deleted. Could be false. We usually know at this point when the show is returning though, so why haven't they revealed the date already?

it seems that Michelle's rant in the Diary Room about Perez's behaviour hasn't gone down well on other forums, many calling Michelle out for making it a much bigger issue than it was and talking about the gay angle for herself far too much. Also, her siding with Katie Hopkins has damaged her reputation with people as well.

She's still one of the favourites to win though.

Has anybody else's opinion of Laganja Estranja changed?

Loathed her on Season 6. I thought she was so fake, so irritating and just so desperate for attention. It was like she was desperately trying to get her character and catchphrases out there that you weren't getting to see the real her.

But having followed her on Twitter, checked out some of her live performances and watching that Hey Qween interview with her I have definitely changed my opinion on her. I feel a bit sorry for her, and looking back on Season 6 I don't think she was anymore "produced" than Bianca Del Rio, Milk, Ben Delacreme or Gia Gunn. It's only because it's Langanja that it's seen as a negative trait.

I don't think so. Listening to the RuPaul and Michelle podcast they name called Langanja as someone who specifically came in with a game plan and performed as opposed to be natural. I think the likes of Bianca and Ben were just consistant in whatever way you'd describe them. But I don't think people would be given as much of a chance to like Bianca if it weren't for her destroying Gia and Laganja ^^

Yes I listened to that podcast too and I have to say Michelle contradicts herself on it the whole time. She always says that she only ever sees the queens when they are on the runway so how is she able to say who is being themselves or not? I mean if she has no other interaction with them other than their runways, when lets be honest is where all of them are trying to be their most fierce, then how is that indicative of their personality?

That's not even Laganja specific - more a general observation

Given as well it was Ru who brought her up, and that on several ocassions Adore who started drag with Laganja repeatedly called her out on her acting, it's safe to say she wasn't being true to herself. But hey if you're a fan, fair dues.

It's indicative because Ru said several queens have given out that they recieved "bad edits" when in hindsight they can only show what the queens themselves portray. He also said they try their best to actually promote the contestants. Laganja was one of these queens. Appearantly her mannerisms and view on what's happened have changed which is a great thing because she done herself litle favours in my view.

• Advertisement
Advertisement