Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-12-2019, 00:37   #766
KevRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Ad's for Specsavers it would seem
Whatever about her politics, Josepha Madigan is a right saucy little devil, I reckon. I always fancied her. She's about my age too.
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 00:40   #767
Odyssey 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Garden View Post
If I was in that constituency, I would book a slot in her busy schedule. Then I would walk in, sit down and then promptly fall off the chair....just to see her face
Would you have had a GLASS OF WINE and a drink in each hand, by any chance?
06-12-2019, 00:42   #768
KevRossi

I should also add that I felt a bit sorry for her with the timing of the whole Bailey incident. Josepha Madigan was the one who pushed for the referendum to get rid of the 4 year rule for getting divorced. IMO this is what TD's should be doing; trying to change society here for the better.

But she fell on her sword, as a solicitor it came out that she assisted her client in instigating a frivolous complaint against a business on spurious grounds (no signage and nobody to tell her how to use a swing). You live by the sword, you die by the sword.
06-12-2019, 09:12   #769
Strawberry Milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevRossi View Post
There was a thread here a while ago on how Katherine Zappone 'adjusted' her route to the Dail to fit it into the >25 Km category to get higher expenses paid. She then claimed to live elsewhere. Problem was that she had her home done up on Room to Improve and she stated several times that it was her permanent home.

O'Rourke is pushing it by claiming he is 25Km from the Dail, if he lives to the west of Celbridge it's OK, but if he lives in the town the Google says it's just under.

EDIT: Thread on Zappone is here, €80K claimed over 5 years: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...php?p=99503727
My dad has carers come in to assist him/me everyday. It’s a mix of HSE and agency staff. They have a full schedule of homes to visit 7 days a week.

The HSE carers use their own cars but can claim mileage to cover running costs. The agency staff use their own cars and have to pay their for their own fuel. Over the course of the week, they tot up a considerable amount of miles going from client to client. That’s a pretty big dent in their wage.

Sometimes, the agency may only have to cover 2 clients in a day, which equals 1 hours work. They are pretty much working for nothing on those type of days (cost of getting to work and tax). Contacted workplace relations about travelling expenses and they said their employer was not legally obliged to pay them for travelling from job to job.

Then you see all these TDs getting travel expenses which amount to more than the carers gross wage! It boils my blood.
06-12-2019, 09:32   #770
marieholmfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevRossi View Post
I should also add that I felt a bit sorry for her with the timing of the whole Bailey incident. Josepha Madigan was the one who pushed for the referendum to get rid of the 4 year rule for getting divorced. IMO this is what TD's should be doing; trying to change society here for the better.
And of course the profit to made from depressed kids and ruined lives had no impact on her calculations.

Her father was a slumlord, her brother's the worst sort of ambulance chaser.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 10:19   #771
blanch152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop moaning ffs View Post
Well they’re all at it too and far ‘better’ at it.

Listening to David McWilliams last Podcast and he makes a point about how Norway dealt with its oil find so geniusly, imagine Ireland had found oil. Imagine Charlie haughey in charge and we found oil.

It would put the Nigeria oil corruption into last place
Is that David McWilliams of the cheapest ever bank bailout idea?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion