Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Did jharr100 post that car back in June?

He did. When I bought it there was no nct or tax on it. I've done both and a few smaller bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If anyone’s interested I’ll be selling my Civic 1.8 hatchback probably in the next 2 weeks.
    2007 with 266km
    Has NCT til 20th September, but was only tested in March (252k) . Tried to get a test date but it’s a month away so don’t know what to do there.
    Back tyres have lots of tread, 2 new Firestone’s gone on it this month.
    Has a Chinese dvd/cd/Bluetooth unit (kindly received from a boardie) but also have the original headunit which can be refitted.
    Bodywork is tidy enough, interior is clean.
    Everything works bar the drivers side mirror not folding and the climate control screen needing a tap now and again (common issue on them)
    I’ve had it since 2012 and it’s been legendary in terms of dependability.
    Will be getting bonnet resprayed next week as it’s badly stone chipped.

ES spec has panoramic roof, dual climate, alloys, fogs, traction control, auto lights and wipers, 4 electric windows etc.

Will take €1100. Or 1000 with the bonnet as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Any closer to settling on its replacement Colm?

Yes. Very close.

Protestant Octavia 2.0 TDI Elegance I’d say.

End of an era there I'd say, Colm? I think I remember your posts when you bought that. I was more active around here back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I'd sooner run mine into the ground that sell it to be honest.

Yeah. When you take into account what I got it for in the height of the financial crisis it owes me nothing.

It will realistically just keep on going but I just want something newer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If anyone’s interested I’ll be selling my Civic 1.8 hatchback probably in the next 2 weeks.
    2007 with 266km
    Has NCT til 20th September, but was only tested in March (252k) . Tried to get a test date but it’s a month away so don’t know what to do there.
    Back tyres have lots of tread, 2 new Firestone’s gone on it this month.
    Has a Chinese dvd/cd/Bluetooth unit (kindly received from a boardie) but also have the original headunit which can be refitted.
    Bodywork is tidy enough, interior is clean.
    Everything works bar the drivers side mirror not folding and the climate control screen needing a tap now and again (common issue on them)
    I’ve had it since 2012 and it’s been legendary in terms of dependability.
    Will be getting bonnet resprayed next week as it’s badly stone chipped.

ES spec has panoramic roof, dual climate, alloys, fogs, traction control, auto lights and wipers, 4 electric windows etc.

Will take €1100. Or 1000 with the bonnet as is.

What colour is it? Just trying to imagine how bad stone chips are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

jharr100 wrote: »
    Did jharr100 post that car back in June?

Yes indeed .. was going to post it again yesterday , but it's slightly over the 2K..

If I hadn't done so much to my V50 the last few months I'd be all over that V70.
    I thought it was familiar. A good buy for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

......Protestant Octavia 2.0 TDI Elegance I’d say.

Careful with that. The early Protestant models gave a lot of trouble

Yes. Very close.

Protestant Octavia 2.0 TDI Elegance I’d say.

Awhat now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Awhat now?

I thought peasant

What colour is it? Just trying to imagine how bad stone chips are.

Black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

jharr100 wrote: »

I would be interested in that. I have been trying to contact the seller since yesterday, but his phone has been off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I would be interested in that. I have been trying to contact the seller since yesterday, but his phone has been off.

Probably sold and if he has any sense it would have been a temporary SIM card. That number might never work again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Awhat now?

UK import Skoda I'd say.

bear1 wrote: »
    Awhat now?

UK import Skoda I'd say.

Ah, got you now. And I was only coming to terms with 'swimmers'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Explain that one

Explain that one

UK imports metaphorically 'swim' to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭selectamatic

NTA1-OTky-OWRl-OWEw-ZWFh-Nm-Ri-Nm-Iy-Mjg3-Nj-Rl-NWVh-Mzgi9z-Lou-PL4y-YPuz-XGQUQIs.jpg

ODg2-Zjg3-MWI0-NDYw-OWQw-ZTJj-Yj-M0-Zj-A3-YTE3-N2-E0-Mz-Iv1-W7h-AP689xyz-DT8-Oe8oq.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is200/22568698

Unabused looking manual 2004 is200 with Test till December
    high spec with heated Black leather interior, lip kit and a sunroof.
    Asking €999

could be a genuine car and it would be worth about €2k with a fresh test next March.

• Advertisement

Wow, it doesn’t have 7 previous owners and the owner isn’t claiming it’s a Sport or reminding us that it has a LSD (it doesn’t but still)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

That could be one of those rare things. Looks honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

N2RkMDhhNzUxNzE0OTNhNDg1NDE2M2U3MDNlN2RhMjOgot-w_wrEA63gRceJ9xAQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjk2MDg1MzJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-audi-a4-1-8-turbo-nct-05-2020/22573681

NCT 05/20
    Tax 08/19
    2 owners
    157k kms

€1200

I like these a lot for simple fact that they've a decent bit of power but for only 1.8 tax while still having 4 doors and a boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Wow, it doesn’t have 7 previous owners and the owner isn’t claiming it’s a Sport or reminding us that it has a LSD (it doesn’t but still)

What spec is it colm?

I think I remember someone on here saying there was a different run out spec other than se or sport that could be got towards the end of production, or maybe I'm completely wrong on that?

Sport Design is what they were called here, that’s uk. It’s basically the runout model before the new shape 250 came out.

Lexus gone already. I'd say the lights in Donegal will dim tonight as the arc welders are sparked up for that diff!

The slab is being poured as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

N2RkMDhhNzUxNzE0OTNhNDg1NDE2M2U3MDNlN2RhMjOgot-w_wrEA63gRceJ9xAQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjk2MDg1MzJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-audi-a4-1-8-turbo-nct-05-2020/22573681

NCT 05/20
    Tax 08/19
    2 owners
    157k kms

€1200

I like these a lot for simple fact that they've a decent bit of power but for only 1.8 tax while still having 4 doors and a boot.

Bit of leather would really make it tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-verso-1-6-vvt-i-luna/20609402
    Looking to buy a Verso and came across this . Words fail me

• Advertisement

Bettyboop wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-verso-1-6-vvt-i-luna/20609402

Was a child chewing the seats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'd say a dog was clawing its way at the seats
    No nct anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bettyboop wrote: »

That's probably one for the Dreamer thread!

the stains on the seats

gross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Any dealer should be ashamed to advertise a car looking like that, it really speaks volumes about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

If you look at the other cars that dealer has online then you'll see stained seats and awful interiors are very common. I don't understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Those seats stain like nobody's business, they are mega prone to that effecf. Whatever about the stains, look at the rips!

Is it reflected in the price though? €1900 seems good for an 09 but I dont know much about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

When your rummaging around at the bottom of the donedeal bargain bucket you tend to get what you pay for. It's priced accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Misses MM had a 2005 Toyota Avensis that was valeted before she bought it and the seats went like that. Seems to be a common thing for cloth Toyota seats.

It's not actual staining but rather water tide marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Personal thing I know, but I'd have that version of the V70 over the one that replaced it. Tidy, well presented examples look classier than the price suggests.

Personal thing I know, but I'd have that version of the V70 over the one that replaced it. Tidy, well presented examples look classier than the price suggests.

Bought a S60 in 2013 for the same price as that V70 from this very thread. Same colour and year and a nice bit of test. Got 2+ years out of her and sold it on for a small profit even after what I put into it. I miss recession bangernomics and miss the S60 even more. The one that got away.

12226952_10206687150249782_4451773168107115677_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmMoIhvvN8u0gbJ8USIP7CQeWMjm964yuoeq-gPbvNeY2cqeVy-HRAcMOG-c4AFn1WsD_9-KZLSXxAgyjdX_mzJ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=a34ed0dfbf1ae5dde52eb0b253934511&oe=5DA598FB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

lawred2 wrote: »
    the stains on the seats

gross
    I'd be a lot more worried about the fuel consumption of that 1.6 litre engine hauling around the weight of that body than stains on the seats. Them seats are pretty susceptible to water stains as has being mentioned already and besides if the likes of that bothers ye's so much ye are probably in the wrong threadtongue.png

Perfect for that farmers holiday you have being promising yourself:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-subaru-legacy-new-clutch-amp-nct/22392498

2008 Legacy 2.0 petrol 4WD Estate
    250k km
    NCT 02/20
    New clutch and tyres were told
    Asking €1,050

Lovely car. What's the tax on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Them seats are pretty susceptible to water stains as has being mentioned already and besides if the likes of that bothers ye's so much ye are probably in the wrong threadtongue.png

MmI3MmM0MDdhMzMxYjMxZmYxZjA4ZTc5YzUwYjdkZTZMuAxBd0T_3BceRLKO0kRUaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjI2Mjk0ODR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

YzY4OTUyNWM1YWYwOTliY2NhZTlkYTNmMjg0NDA3YzYHBjm0I6fH09sNYUKf-JAJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjI2Mjk0OTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I think it's a bit more than just water stains that people are having the issue with :D

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    MmI3MmM0MDdhMzMxYjMxZmYxZjA4ZTc5YzUwYjdkZTZMuAxBd0T_3BceRLKO0kRUaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjI2Mjk0ODR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

YzY4OTUyNWM1YWYwOTliY2NhZTlkYTNmMjg0NDA3YzYHBjm0I6fH09sNYUKf-JAJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjI2Mjk0OTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I think it's a bit more than just water stains that people are having the issue with :D

What amazed me more is this heap is been sold by a dealer...

I'd be ashamed to sell that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That interior looks like it was sitting in a river or lake, either that or the previous owner was a dirty pig.

Looks like the owner worked at Aughanish. Those carpets shouldn’t be red unless they’ve been bleached or something

Dog chewed the seat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

Isn’t there a pink or red fungus that can look like that?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement