Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

OmegaGene wrote: »
    When your Netflix expires hit up the vpn to Turkey and restart your current subscription

Can you move Mexican sub to Turkey? Whats the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭newincity

Did anyone bought turkish netflix gift card recently.
    I tried from https://www.trendyol.com/ but my order cancelled after 7-10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Can you move Mexican sub to Turkey? Whats the process?

I actually tried this today on my expired Mexican account and it wouldn't work.

Managed to login to Turkish site with KeepSolid. (Nord was no good - it kept sending me to the US site).

Got to the payment plan page on the Turkish site and thought I was home and dry, but then it indicated I needed to reconfirm the payment method. It had all my card details stored, but wanted me to confirm the CVV number.

It then wouldn't accept payment. (Revolut card - but its the same one that I've been using for the MX site for the last two years)

Had to revert back to Mexico in the end.

A few years back this was quite simple, but it seems to be getting harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Trevord wrote:
    Had to revert back to Mexico in the end.

I think the trick here is to go back to Ireland for a month. Put in Irish phone number etc. Cancell and after the Irish subscription expires join turkey

Revolut is possibly the issue here, try it with curve next month or bounce back to Ireland for a month

Ya I know they had become very fussy about Revolut cards.

I was out of options today really as the other cards (Irish Bank Debit and Credit cards) I have hadn't been used with Netflix previously. I even gave them a try and they wouldn't work.

Wary about switching to Ireland in case I lose ability to get back even to the Mexico account. It would be nice to pay less, but last thing I want is to pay more!

Mexico was fine but their currency has been strengthening and they added a digital tax also, so it has crept up quite a bit in price in last few years.

Might give switching another spin next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Got an alert this morning that my Turkish payment through curve had been declined twice overnight. Logged in through VPN but it's no longer bringing me to the 'Restart my membership' page that normally works. Tomorrow is the actual date the payment is due. Hopefully it works than.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I think the trick here is to go back to Ireland for a month. Put in Irish phone number etc. Cancell and after the Irish subscription expires join turkey

I switched directly from Argentina to Turkey with no problems. Just used the tried and tested method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Netflix wont accept any of my payments now, not even my TSB card on an Irish IP. Netflix told me that my account is blocked for 24 hours because I changed my payment method too much :(

Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Kalyke wrote: »
    I let my Revolut Card run out of credit...I know, I know.. I can still watch Netflix. (I would say that will stop at midnight) I am being prompted to update my payment. But when I do this I get the message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later." Any suggestions?
    They eventually accepted payment today from my Revolut....Will never let it run out again!! Thanks all for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

ciano1 wrote: »
    Netflix wont accept any of my payments now, not even my TSB card on an Irish IP. Netflix told me that my account is blocked for 24 hours because I changed my payment method too much :(

Any advice?
    Wait 24 hours and try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I was gonna switch to Revolut from EBS debit before I change to Turkey... but I think I'll leave it to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Kalyke wrote: »
    They eventually accepted payment today from my Revolut....Will never let it run out again!! Thanks all for the help!

I'm coming to this one a bit late, I can see the first post in this thread (updated 2021) outlining steps to change from Irish sub to Turkish or other.

I currently use paypal do I need to switch to Revolut?
    Do I need to make a payment from a Revlout Turkish Lira account?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Followed all the instructions and get hit with the dollar price renewal page ... cant get turkish lire no matter what I do. Using nord VPN and have lira on my revoluit account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

portcrap wrote:
    Followed all the instructions and get hit with the dollar price renewal page ... cant get turkish lire no matter what I do. Using nord VPN and have lira on my revoluit account

Use different vpn

portcrap wrote: »

Seems to me that Nord servers are being detected. I couldn't get to the Lira page with Nord either.

So try another VPN.

• Advertisement

Nord will always send you to the US Netflix.

That’s what the link to check your ip was added to the first post

My point is that Nord seems to be recognised by Netflix.

I tried all of Nord's Turkish servers, I tried using different devices and even tried with Nord running on a router.

Price in USD every time.

Then tried Keedsolid and that gave the price in Lira first time.

That suggests to me that Nord's Turkish IPs are not suitable at present if you want to switch to Turkey. (I switched to Mexico a few years back with Nord just fine).

Just got a notification that my Netflix price is going up to £14 per month.

Anyone able to confirm, if i do the messing about in this thread, and use the Turkish or other versions, that the content doesn't change too much? Irish version has decent-ish content, so I'd be wary of losing a lot of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

You only move to turkey to subscribe, you do not need to have your vpn on to watch netflix. You continue to watch exactly as you are now

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Just got a notification that my Netflix price is going up to £14 per month.

Anyone able to confirm, if i do the messing about in this thread, and use the Turkish or other versions, that the content doesn't change too much? Irish version has decent-ish content, so I'd be wary of losing a lot of stuff.

No it’s all in Turkish and lots of soaps and stuff , but you do pick up the lingo after awhile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is the VPN needed just for sign up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

GBX wrote: »

Read the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

GBX wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I did all the steps this afternoon, for some reason I'm getting prices in US$ even though I'm connected to Turkey VPN. The one step I'm not sure i did right was signing out of all devices, I couldn't see that option either on the app or in browser. I did change my password though which I think has the effect of signing me out of all devices? Any advice appreciated.

Nord VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

Change your vpn to one that works
    Vpn unlimited works

This issue comes up all the time. If it's USD$ or any currency except Turkish Lira then there can be only one cause....Your VPN is not adequate.

Following on from that, too much dicking around causes NF to block changes for up to 24 hours. This block can result in not recognising passwords or accepting payment cards. The obvious solution is to wait a day and a bit.

Maybe add the above to post one?

Setanter wrote: »
    This issue comes up all the time. If it's USD$ or any currency except Turkish Lira then there can be only one cause....Your VPN is not adequate.

Following on from that, too much dicking around causes NF to block changes for up to 24 hours. This block can result in not recognising passwords or accepting payment cards. The obvious solution is to wait a day and a bit.

Maybe add the above to post one?

Cheers for the responses. It's Nord VPN I'm using, just signed up today (free 7 day trial). I did an IP address check and it is showing as Turkey. Will give it a day before trying again. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Slightly off topic but is there any issue when you are updating your payment details? My card is due to expire later this year and I’m sure Revolut will issue me with a new one. Should I have my Irish mobile number on my account etc?

qwabercd wrote: »
    Cheers for the responses. It's Nord VPN I'm using, just signed up today (free 7 day trial). I did an IP address check and it is showing as Turkey. Will give it a day before trying again. Thanks again.
    Nord VPN will never work for Turkey as it redirects all netflix requests to the US.

qwabercd wrote:

Nord didn't work for me. Hola worked for me after trying several others

• Advertisement

snoopy84 wrote: »
    Nord didn't work for me. Hola worked for me after trying several others

Cheers, got the Turkish prices to load with hola. But it won't accept payment with my Ulster Bank card that was linked to my account already. Had a feeling it wouldn't work for me, oh well looks like I'll have to move back to Ireland!

TheDriver wrote: »
    Read the OP

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

There is one space available on my Premium Family account. PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Luke2513

This worked a great. Thanks very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I have an existing irish sub with netflix. Payment is via revolut every month.
    When i cancel and sign up again with VPN set to Turkey can i use the same revolut or will netflix know there's some going on?

qwabercd wrote:
    Cheers, got the Turkish prices to load with hola. But it won't accept payment with my Ulster Bank card that was linked to my account already. Had a feeling it wouldn't work for me, oh well looks like I'll have to move back to Ireland!

Change your payment details (revolut didn't work for me but curve did) and pay one month in ireland then cancel and move to turkey after sub expired

I have an existing irish sub with netflix. Payment is via revolut every month. When i cancel and sign up again with VPN set to Turkey can i use the same revolut or will netflix know there's some going on?

You must pay one month in ireland with payment method your going to use in turkey. Now revolut wouldn't work for me only curve but many others use revolut no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Fair play all. Got it working this morning with my curve card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Changed over to Turkey no problem with revolut card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Changed over to Turkey no problem with revolut card.

Can I ask is this with your Revolut virtual card or with a physical one?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Netflix works with Revolut debit cards but doesn't work with the older Revolut prepaid cards. Whether it's a physical or virtual card makes no odds.

If you're having problems with your existing Revolut card(s), you can create a new virtual card for free in the Revolut app and it will be a debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Physical visa card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is it safe to change payment method in an existing turkish acc?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is it safe to change payment method in an existing turkish acc?
    It probably won't work but it shouldn't break your current setup I don't think?

Someone posted in this thread maybe a fortnight ago that they managed to do it though and the workaround they used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Going to cancel my Netflix sub and move it to a Turkish one, will i get away with using the same debit card once i renew or will i have to use a different card such as my revolut one or a credit card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭247music

First off Sorry for going slightly off topic but its just momentary:D.. Has anyone tried this on the likes of Spotify family or the Nintendo eshop for digital content? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Anyone interested in starting a NF family via Turkey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

A friend what's to sign up for Turkey can he use PayPal the way he paid on he's Irish sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sbabu_irl

Soulsun wrote: »
    Anyone interested in starting a NF family via Turkey?
    I am interested. Please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sbabu_irl

My Irish Netflix subscription expired a while ago(may be an year ago) I use to pay using Avant card, Now when I try to renew through VPN via Turkey. It asked me to put the payment details again and it doesn’t accept the Avant card. I suppose I need to pay for a month of Irish sub again and then try to switch?

• Advertisement
Advertisement