Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Hopefully they will leave the old accounts alone. Been going strong for over a year here with a couple of accounts. I set mine all up from scratch, didn't move them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity there now, I just set up another account from scratch and it accepted a virtual Revolut card and never asked for a phone number.

You should sell that account :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

It's a simple enough task for their IT team to to identify those Accounts via a query against their customer Database. The first 8 digits of any CC number clearly give away the country of origin, the name of the Issuing Bank and the type of card (Debit/Credit/Pre-paid).

So the question really is how far does Netflix go with it's push to weed these foreign accounts out from their Turkish/Argentinian customer base. Are they only going after recent subscriptions, only subscriptions paid for with cards from a certain Provider (like revolut) or are they eventually going after all Accounts that are paid for with a card that's registered in a different country. The latter comes obviously with the danger of loosing a significant number of subscribers (i..e people who refuse to resubscribe in the UK or Ireland etc.).

We have had our Turkish account for over a year and so far all looks good. Might also help that we were never subscribed with this email in any other country before. But who knows really, in the end. Time will tell, I guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not quite sure where people are having issues, I’ve set up loads of people on this, all using Speedify VPN app and an iPhone and I’ve had no issues with phone number request or a Revolut or Irish CC. Out of curiosity there now, I just set up another account from scratch and it accepted a virtual Revolut card and never asked for a phone number.

Setting up accounts doesn’t seem to be the issue as you have proven. It’s accounts being suspended that is the problem. I set up my Turkish ac 3 weeks ago and it was suspended yesterday.
    No way will I be paying Irish prices so Netflix will be losing me as a customer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Plenty of better options out there for less money, I only have Netflix as a back up

I agree and that’s why I had Netflix purely as a back up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Plenty of better options out there for less money, I only have Netflix as a back up

Legal options? Which ones?(genuine question)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

adox wrote: »
    Legal options? Which ones?(genuine question)

PlutoTV, Sony Crackle and Tubi TV for starters. They are nowhere as good as Netflix but have some decent offerings. Eg early James Bond , Fr Ted, Mr Bean on Pluto TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

bromley52 wrote: »
    PlutoTV, Sony Crackle and Tubi TV for starters. They are nowhere as good as Netflix but have some decent offerings. Eg early James Bond , Fr Ted, Mr Bean on Pluto TV.

So a combination of e4, more4 and itv4. Think I'll pass thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

im using a vpn and cant get into netflix abroad from here irish one is still popping up when i use a vpn in say spain-any tips there cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

mean gene wrote: »
    im using a vpn and cant get into netflix abroad from here irish one is still popping up when i use a vpn in say spain-any tips there cheers

Have you tried logging out and killing the app and restarting once vpn is on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FWIW comment on https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/netflix
    "It seems that Netflix are now determining location VIA "asn" rather than IP address and so VPN/Proxies will not work. I have no idea how to change "asn"."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

"It seems that Netflix are now determining location VIA "asn" rather than IP address and so VPN/Proxies will not work. I have no idea how to change "asn"."

Whats ASN?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

[/LIST]
    BKWDR wrote: »
    Whats ASN?

AFAIK it's to do with the ISP. there is a register of ASN numbers and each country has specific ranges. perhaps the ASN number is somewhere in the packets and Netflix can see this info and determine that even if the data is been sent via VPN, it knows the end-user is using SKY in Ireland say( but no more info after that)

I could also be totally wrong on that, It's been years since I've done Ip networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Why would it matter in so far as you have a right to use your account in another country??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Would Cloudflare DDoS be an option here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Still working for me, have it over a year just got my dad to sign into the account while in turkey so hopefully that keeps its active as well

• Registered Users Posts: 34 seaniewicklow

Tried sign up using Nord VPN but no luck, what's the best VPN to use for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I’ve never had an issue using ExpressVPN

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Have you tried the Tor one posted previously on the thread?

I was just billed for my first month and it was €5.05.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Have you tried the Tor one posted previously on the thread?

image.png

How did you pay? Revolut telling me that should be €4.78

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Skrill (physical Mastercard).

They have virtual Mastercard numbers also (haven't used them myself though).

https://www.skrill.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

I tried again this morning using TOR with the method mentioned previously and it worked. It didn't look for any Turkish number to validate anything this time and my Visa Card worked this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

I'm thinking of setting this up per the op -is it still working for people or has the ship already sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Barr wrote: »
    I'm thinking of setting this up per the op -is it still working for people or has the ship already sailed.

Still working for me. I used tor here - the VPN option never worked for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

dulpit wrote: »
    Still working for me. I used tor here - the VPN option never worked for some reason..

What about payment - are you using Revolut or an Irish credit card.

Helped setup friends account today

Existing Irish account.
    Sub expired
    Set VPN to turkey via Windscribe app
    Renew sub with Irish card

All done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Barr wrote: »
    What about payment - are you using Revolut or an Irish credit card.

Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 seaniewicklow

flexcon wrote: »
    Helped setup friends account today

Existing Irish account.
    Sub expired
    Set VPN to turkey via Windscribe app
    Renew sub with Irish card

All done

Did u do this on a laptop or phone. Tried on the phone numerous times and just won't work

Did u do this on a laptop or phone. Tried on the phone numerous times and just won't work

Used iPhone and windscribe App.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Your bank is ripping you off on the exchange rate!

With Revolut it's €4.78 for the middle Netflix package

Advertisement