Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Self driving buses, trains, trucks etc

Comments

The tipping point for personal vehicles will be insurance. Once there is a sufficient amount of vehicles capable of autonomous driving, if you don't use it, then you will have to pay a horrendous premium. The caveat being the driver will likely retain control when on boreens etc

Autonomous transport is coming, it's just a matter of when.

The first change will be in long haul trucking

Next will be public transport

Next will be in shipping

Then personal transport

Finally, flight

"They" said a lot of things couldn't be done (cars, aviation, space travel, etc etc), but really, all it takes is for a market to exist and enough willpower to see it through

There is simply too much money to be made and savings achieved and efficiencies gained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

The tipping point for personal vehicles will be insurance. Once there is a sufficient amount of vehicles capable of autonomous driving, if you don't use it, then you will have to pay a horrendous premium. The caveat being the driver will likely retain control when on boreens etc

Next will be in shipping

Then personal transport

Finally, flight

"They" said a lot of things couldn't be done (cars, aviation, space travel, etc etc), but really, all it takes is for a market to exist and enough willpower to see it through

There is simply too much money to be made and savings achieved and efficiencies gained.

It will happen. But none of us posting here now will be alive to see it. The technology is still decades away from even being acceptable for everyday use.

Also the road markings need to be clean and readable by the AI.

Self driving vehicles dont like puddles!

The road vehicle, aircraft & space travel advances came about through wars and military needs. When the Germans flew the worlds first jet, it was a fighter plane. The first space going rocket was a WW2 German ballistic missile.

Jet passenger aircraft and visiting the moon were well down on the list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

prinzeugen wrote: »
    It will happen. But none of us posting here now will be alive to see it.
    i'm 42, so maybe (hopefully?) have another 42 years to live.
    when i was born, it was the year the first apple was released, which had 8kb of memory. now, your standard computer has one *million* times as much memory.

your lack of faith in technology is interesting.
    actually, faith is the wrong word. we've gone from zero to the current point in probably less than a decade, where autonomous cars are driving on roads, albeit in limited or restricted circumstances, but you're still shouting at the tide.

self driving cars will happen; my main concern is that society should dictate the technology rather than the technology dictating to society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

i'm 42, so maybe (hopefully?) have another 42 years to live.
    when i was born, it was the year the first apple was released, which had 8kb of memory. now, your standard computer has one *million* times as much memory.

your lack of faith in technology is interesting.
    actually, faith is the wrong word. we've gone from zero to the current point in probably less than a decade, where autonomous cars are driving on roads, albeit in limited or restricted circumstances, but you're still shouting at the tide.

self driving cars will happen; my main concern is that society should dictate the technology rather than the technology dictating to society.

Your use of the word 'faith is telling. The notion that there have been significant advances in science and technology in the recent past, therefore there absolutely will be success for this particular technology, is logically fallacious and is akin to religious faith. It ignores all the failures of technology and science. It's classic cherry-picking.

Apple bought the rights for the use of liquid metals in consumer products. They never did anything with it beyond making an expensive SIM ejector tool. Clearly they had a vision for something more than that, but it didn't pan out. They sunk millions into GT Advanced Technology for the promise of making sapphire for phone screens in large quantities, cheaply. That venture failed spectacularly.

Current Intel CPUs are so riddled with fundamental vulnerabilities, that really patching them would likely see performance drop more than 50%.

The Italians built a bridge designed to last at least a 100 years...

The US has sunk Billions into the F35 fighter program, it would seem, on exactly the same sort of techno-faith that so many autonomous driving boosters display with their baseless 'will happen' pronouncements. The F35 was envisaged as having a myriad of very advanced systems all integrated into a seamless super-system by software. The reality is they can't write that software.

The US Space Shuttle program was predicated on the promise of re-usability drastically reducing launch costs. From that aspect, it was a complete failure.

I remember when the Concorde was in regular service, pronouncements that soon there would be hypersonic travel - London to Sydney in 2 hours, no less. Hows that looking, 40 years on?

Side splitting comedy that - today you can't even fly supersonic, even if you are a billionaire - you could back in the 70's!

Limitless energy from fusion reactors is just around the corner, just as it was back in the 70's

Cherry picking technological success stories, while ignoring failures, is self-delusion.

As I said, I think driving is a far more complicated task than people give it credit for and autonomous driving will require nothing less than real AI, not all the garbage being touted as AI of late, which isn't even close.

People who think humans are bad drivers and need to be replaced by fault-free perfect and shiny technology, are talking out their 4rse. The fatality rate versus distance driven is actually remarkably low. Humans are generally very good drivers, actually.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you did notice that i said the use of the word 'faith' was the wrong word.

anyway, many of your examples are blaming the technology when it's the *implementation* to blame.
    the italian bridge collapse is a failure of technology? please; it's almost certainly a result of shoddy workmanship and corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Cordell

Technology managed to get an unmanned probe on Mars and one out of the solar system (among others) so I don't find his faith in technology misplaced.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Cordell wrote: »
    Technology managed to get an unmanned probe on Mars and one out of the solar system (among others) so I don't find his faith in technology misplaced.

It managed to get ONE on Mars and a few crashed onto the surface. It managed to get TWO probes out of the solar system.

Neither had to deal with the idiots that drive on the M50 jumping from lane to lane and bullying their way into a turn off lane.

At least in space, you are alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm talking about the level of complexity and the extent of the technological advancement. I'm quite sure that the technology is there today, but not the cost and political desire to make it happen - who's going to pay for the technology and who's going to support a technology that will make professional drivers redundant?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Looks like Dublin is getting its self driving buses a little earlier than expected.

Like next month.

https://www.techcentral.ie/dublin-docklands-gets-ready-self-driving-bus-trial/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Looks like Dublin is getting its self driving buses a little earlier than expected.

Like next month.

https://www.techcentral.ie/dublin-docklands-gets-ready-self-driving-bus-trial/

Novelty fairground attraction by the looks of it. You could probably walk faster than it.

Cordell wrote: »
    who's going to support a technology that will make professional drivers redundant?
    eh, the people who would otherwise have to pay the drivers, i guess.

Unfortunately that is happening. Technology is dictating how society does things.

Dublin Bus going cashless for example.

I hate these people (and there are a few here on boards) that say "you are a van/taxi/bus driver, you better retrain as you wont have a job in 2 years. It will all be self driving" .

Bollox. Humans flew to the moon. AI (in Tesla cars anyway) flies you into the central reservation of a freeway/motorway and kills you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Bollox. Humans flew to the moon. AI (in Tesla cars anyway) flies you into the central reservation of a freeway/motorway and kills you.

Yep, but statistically less than people do it to themselves.

Also Tesla is not AI.

I don't buy that we're going to have roads full of autonomous cars in 5 years. I do buy that the technology will have matured and be on limited release, in a similar manner as it is now.

The advances in autonomous driving in the last decade have been huge. That can't be denied. But the devil is in the detail and it'll take years to iron out bugs.

Yep, but statistically less than people do it to themselves.

Also Tesla is not AI.

I don't buy that we're going to have roads full of autonomous cars in 5 years. I do buy that the technology will have matured and be on limited release, in a similar manner as it is now.

The advances in autonomous driving in the last decade have been huge. That can't be denied. But the devil is in the detail and it'll take years to iron out bugs.

Tesla can be AI. And kills people.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/may/29/tesla-crash-autopilot-california-police-car

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭defrule

Not sure what kind of technology is behind self driving cars but there are lots of Youtube videos show casing what machine learning can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V2sX9BhAW8

Unfortunately that is happening. Technology is dictating how society does things.

Dublin Bus going cashless for example.

I hate these people (and there are a few here on boards) that say "you are a van/taxi/bus driver, you better retrain as you wont have a job in 2 years. It will all be self driving" .

I disagree with driverless vehicles but I agree but with cashless buses. Cashless buses are not new technology and have existed across Europe since the demise of bus conductors. I think they should have been introduced in the 80s or 90s here in Dublin either that or conductors should have been kept. Since the demise of conductors dwell times have been unacceptable on UK and Irish DOO buses.

If we got rid of cash on buses and updated the slow ancient wayfarer machines DB drivers could focus more on driving safely something which AI can't do rather than issuing tickets and Leap transactions.

I think a lot of the advocates for driverless vehicles are tech geeks who can't come to terms with the fact that bus, tram and train drivers get a decent wage for a non tech job. They don't understand that the job of a bus, tram or train driver has a job which has a hell of a lot more skill, concentration and responsibility than theirs.

"Stephen15 wrote: »

I think a lot of the advocates for driverless vehicles are tech geeks who can't come to terms with the fact that bus, tram and train drivers get a decent wage for a non tech job. They don't understand that the job of a bus, tram or train driver has a job which has a hell of a lot more skill, concentration and responsibility than theirs.

I wouldn't say it's true. People aren't spending cash and developing tech out of begrudgery. It's more the appeal of 24/7 continuous services, cheaper fares, and more intelligent holistic management.
    Our public transport is in disarray most times and at least one Dept is on strike near every year.

I wouldn't say it's true. People aren't spending cash and developing tech out of begrudgery. It's more the appeal of 24/7 continuous services, cheaper fares, and more intelligent holistic management.
    Our public transport is in disarray most times and at least one Dept is on strike near every year.

People are though. You just need to watch Dragons Den on the BBC. There are more websites/apps/systems that leave without money than gets money.

"Solutions to problems that don't exist". That is what one said about most of the tech people come up with.

And just because something can be done with tech/AI does not mean it should/must be done that way.

• Advertisement

Here is a case from Liverpool. If self driving these deaths would increase.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/georgia-varley-train-driver-describes-3329161

AI is decades away from working and will never be able to predict human behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,458 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

cnocbui wrote: »
    Humans are generally very good drivers, actually.

And you were doing so well up to that!

And here we go again. trolling.

Cyclists keep throwing themselves up the left side of vehicles.

They should not be there. Its your fault if you are and get crushed by a truck.

Never, never, go left of a vehicle that is indicating left!

An AI truck would never move. 100's of hazards and would shut down.

And here we go again. trolling.

Cyclists keep throwing themselves up the left side of vehicles.

They should not be there. Its your fault if you are and get crushed by a truck.

Never, never, go left of a vehicle that is indicating left!

An AI truck would never move. 100's of hazards and would shut down.

In case you haven't noticed, 95% of road deaths have no cyclist involved, so it's a bit of a stretch to pretend that cyclists are the big problem on the roads.

But if you really do want to narrow your focus to the 5%, how many of this year's cyclist deaths were due to the scenario you describe?

It managed to get ONE on Mars and a few crashed onto the surface. It managed to get TWO probes out of the solar system.
    one probe successfully landed on mars?
    viking 1
    viking 2
    sojourner
    phoenix
    opportunity
    spirit
    curiosity

unless you're referring to a different way of counting a successful mars landing?
    also, it's bemusing to see the achievement of the voyager missions being described as the fact they're leaving the solar system. that was not the goal of those missions.

(s)he said 'generally', not 'unfailingly'.

• Advertisement

Here is a case from Liverpool. If self driving these deaths would increase.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/georgia-varley-train-driver-describes-3329161

AI is decades away from working and will never be able to predict human behaviour.

Really? That looks like an area ripe for automation. Proof please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Really? That looks like an area ripe for automation. Proof please?

Yep, I thought the same. I think an AI linked with cameras all over the train will have a better chance of detecting a drunk person falling between carriages than a driver relying on mirrors and a system of bells to communicate with the train guard.

I think SIPTU and the cooler bags tells us that half the reason we need automation is that drivers for critical services still expect to hold the public to ransom over wages.

Norway has 2.6 deaths per billion kilometres driven. I'd call that excellent.

boombang wrote: »
    I think SIPTU and the cooler bags tells us that half the reason we need automation is that drivers for critical services still expect to hold the public to ransom over wages.

I think SIPTU and the cooler bags tells us that people who do a nine hour full day shift, with very early starts and late finishes, and have their lunch break at a different location from their starting location, need somewhere to store their sandwiches without them going mouldy.

Norway has 2.6 deaths per billion kilometres driven. I'd call that excellent.

Don't know much about Norway tbh, but I'm wondering why you picked it? How does it compare to Ireland?

(s)he said 'generally', not 'unfailingly'.
    Yeah, my problem is with the 'generally'. In my experience looking around me, and in all the data I've seen, Irish drivers are generally fairly sh1te. 3 or 4 out of 5 drivers break speed limits, depending on which year of the RSA Speed Survey you look at. We are 2nd from worst position on the European league table of mobile phone abuse while driving. We have van and truck drivers who routinely use the phone or handle their paperwork while they're supposed to be responsible for several tonnes of metal travelling at 20-120 kmph.

They're generally fairly crap drivers. I could probably write something in Basic to run on my old Sinclair ZX-81 that would be a better driver than the average Irish driver.

Don't know much about Norway tbh, but I'm wondering why you picked it? How does it compare to Ireland?

Yeah, my problem is with the 'generally'. In my experience looking around me, and in all the data I've seen, Irish drivers are generally fairly sh1te. 3 or 4 out of 5 drivers break speed limits, depending on which year of the RSA Speed Survey you look at. We are 2nd from worst position on the European league table of mobile phone abuse while driving. We have van and truck drivers who routinely use the phone or handle their paperwork while they're supposed to be responsible for several tonnes of metal travelling at 20-120 kmph.

They're generally fairly crap drivers. I could probably write something in Basic to run on my old Sinclair ZX-81 that would be a better driver than the average Irish driver.

Going on UK stats, only 3% of road accidents are caused by speeding. Irish drivers aren't as bad as you think they are:

Road_accident_rates.jpg

The numbers are deaths per billion kilometres.

• Advertisement

Going on UK stats, only 3% of road accidents are caused by speeding. Irish drivers aren't as bad as you think they are:
    According to Irish stats, 1 in 3 road deaths (or about 1 death each week) is caused by excessive speed.

http://www.rsa.ie/en/Utility/News/News-2016/Excessive-Speed-a-Factor-in-322-Road-Deaths-Between-2008-and-2012/

Report reveals excessive speed a factor in 1 in 3 fatal collisions between 2008 and 2012
    And they're not 'accidents' - they are crashes or collisions.

But interesting to see the international comparison, thanks for sharing. WTF happens in Belgium? It never seemed that bad anytime I was there, in the cities anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

While they speed it is not by a large amount. In the States you have official vehicles of every description flying about the place in the arrogant assurance that they will never be caught and if caught they will not be ticketed for speeding. The only big offenders regarding speeding here are motorbikes which often do 160kph or more in congested traffic on the M50 with complete disregard for their own lives. Many Irish drivers may do 10-15 kph over the limit on occasion but this depends on time of day and the presence or absence of hazards. Unless and until we adopt time of day based speed limits or weather based speed limits ( slower in rain) then many of the speed limits imposed on Irish motorists make little or no sense.

Fortunately most police ignore the marginal offenders and seem to only hit the few who stand out from the crowd with greatly excessive speed.

We are also lucky that most of our official vehicles give very good example by keeping to the speed limits except when lit up on an emergency run.

It is sobering to observe fire appliances and ambulances mostly keeping to the speed limits even when lit up with the blue flashers, only the cops seem to noticeably exceed the limits, probably to save a life or in a dire emergency.

According to Irish stats, 1 in 3 road deaths (or about 1 death each week) is caused by excessive speed.

http://www.rsa.ie/en/Utility/News/News-2016/Excessive-Speed-a-Factor-in-322-Road-Deaths-Between-2008-and-2012/

And they're not 'accidents' - they are crashes or collisions.

But interesting to see the international comparison, thanks for sharing. WTF happens in Belgium? It never seemed that bad anytime I was there, in the cities anyway.

A 'factor' is not the same as 'cause'. Speeding does not of itself cause many accidents, yet it is the focus of seemingly 90% of enforcement efforts.

Motor vehicles are a factor in 100% of collisions.

If you want to reduce road accidents by over 80%, just stop all human speech inside vehicles.

doolox wrote: »
    While they speed it is not by a large amount. In the States you have official vehicles of every description flying about the place in the arrogant assurance that they will never be caught and if caught they will not be ticketed for speeding. The only big offenders regarding speeding here are motorbikes which often do 160kph or more in congested traffic on the M50 with complete disregard for their own lives. Many Irish drivers may do 10-15 kph over the limit on occasion but this depends on time of day and the presence or absence of hazards. Unless and until we adopt time of day based speed limits or weather based speed limits ( slower in rain) then many of the speed limits imposed on Irish motorists make little or no sense.

Fortunately most police ignore the marginal offenders and seem to only hit the few who stand out from the crowd with greatly excessive speed.

We are also lucky that most of our official vehicles give very good example by keeping to the speed limits except when lit up on an emergency run.

It is sobering to observe fire appliances and ambulances mostly keeping to the speed limits even when lit up with the blue flashers, only the cops seem to noticeably exceed the limits, probably to save a life or in a dire emergency.

Your experience of the US is fairly different to mine, though the stats posted above do suggest they have an even bigger problem than we have. There is some truth in what you say about how most drivers are just a bit over the limit, but it is interesting to contrast the reaction to this issue to the reaction to the tired old 'but cyclists break all the red lights' trope. For motorists, people reach and stretch to find excuses and reasons for illegal actions, even though the motorists are the ones who are killing people on the roads but for cyclists, there is far less tolerance.

Check out the 'degree of violation' graphs in this report, and you will see a significant number of drivers going significantly over the limit, especially on urban roads.

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Road%20Safety/Speed/Survey%20of%20Free%20Speed%202015.pdf

A 'factor' is not the same as 'cause'. Speeding does not of itself cause many accidents, yet it is the focus of seemingly 90% of enforcement efforts.

Motor vehicles are a factor in 100% of collisions.

If you want to reduce road accidents by over 80%, just stop all human speech inside vehicles.

Yes, a factor is not the same as a cause, and it is rare to find one single cause of any crash or collision (not 'accident'). But regardless, excessive speed is a major factor, despite our general societal tolerance of excessive speed. If you want to reduce road crashes by more than 80%, just get drivers to obey the law - slow down, put the phone down, put the pints down.

Driverless minibus makes maiden Dublin voyage

http://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0921/995125-driverless-cars/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Don't know about the rest of you, but I am looking forward to seeing driverless buses, trains, taxis and luas

It's really not as far away as people think

Why? It's just to do away with jobs and anyway will only work on self contained systems like Docklands.

Driverless minibus makes maiden Dublin voyage

http://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0921/995125-driverless-cars/

Fantastic news. A slow roll out over the next 5 years across the cities would be perfect. I'd love to see it start service short hops like 3 arena into town.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Why? It's just to do away with jobs and anyway will only work on self contained systems like Docklands.

Why? The list is long.

It will be running on the same streets as exist now, just a matter of time

Fantastic news. A slow roll out over the next 5 years across the cities would be perfect. I'd love to see it start service short hops like 3 arena into town.

What would be the point on that the Luas already serves the exact same purpose

Why? The list is long.

It will be running on the same streets as exist now, just a matter of time

Just a matter of time. How long. Driverless buses have yet to be ordered by any major bus operators in any countries. Just a matter of time more like a good 30 to 50 years away.

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Just a matter of time. How long. Driverless buses have yet to be ordered by any major bus operators in any countries. Just a matter of time more like a good 30 to 50 years away.
    They haven't been ordered because none are for sale to bus operators. Everything we've seen so far is just a trial.

Tesla's autopilot truck has a few thousand preorders so far.
    When a commercial product is available, companies will buy.
    What would be the point on that the Luas already serves the exact same purpose
    That's just an example. The Luas is packed anyways even when gigs aren't on. You could run a 30 second service or these busses if you wanted during peak time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

30 to 50 years away for driverless vehicles!! You're having a laugh right?

They're coming and much faster than you think. I had a mobile phone in 2003 with a black and white screen and a 2 inch screen. 15 years later and it's basically a computer where I can watch TV, listen to music or take photos with.

Car companies are investing billions into their technology and it's not all on performance and safety.

mfceiling wrote: »
    30 to 50 years away for driverless vehicles!! You're having a laugh right?

They're coming and much faster than you think. I had a mobile phone in 2003 with a black and white screen and a 2 inch screen. 15 years later and it's basically a computer where I can watch TV, listen to music or take photos with.

Car companies are investing billions into their technology and it's not all on performance and safety.

Yes for starters people keep the same car for ten plus years. Most people change mobile phones about every 2 or 3 years. No legislation had to be changed to allow for smartphones that won't be the case for cars. Yes there may be some but it will be at least 30 to 50 years before they become the norm. Vehicles are a lot more complex than mobile phones. We haven't even had electrication yet let alone driverless cars.

Vehicles are a lot more complex than mobile phones.

They're really not that complicated

Movement control + detection

That's all that is needed.

Movement control is already done, and the detection tech has taken massive leaps in the last 10 years.

It’s that massive leap that has been the catalyst for this.

Now its just a matter of refinement and scalability and those are relly, really close, 3-4 years, if even.

After that, only legislation is the hold up.

Legislation isn't really a hangup.

The US has most of it sorted. It's already legal in some states. The EU has a think tank working on it, and if they say yes, it's just a matter of months before we ratify their plans.

They're really not that complicated

Movement control + detection

That's all that is needed.

Movement control is already done, and the detection tech has taken massive leaps in the last 10 years.

It’s that massive leap that has been the catalyst for this.

Now its just a matter of refinement and scalability and those are relly, really close, 3-4 years, if even.

They may go into circulation but they won't become the norm anytime soon. They will only start to take off once EVs are the norm. For the last 10 years ago we were being told EVs would be the norm and that isn't the case, I don't think the government will achieve their petrol/diesel ban by 2030. Hybrid cars are only beginning to become the norm now.

I predict it will go like this

Phase 1: Hybrid Vehicles

Phase 2: Electric Vehicles

Phase 3: Autonomous Vehicles

And here's my predictions from another post

Next will be in shipping

Then personal transport

Finally, flight

Autonomous Long haul trucking is already active, albeit on a small scale experiment but it will see a significant jump shortly (1-2 years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

If anyone one seriously thinks that Irish Roads, and the Irish road mentality will cater for this concept ye're out of ye're minds! No programming can predict or adequately perceive the 'what's next factor' for the Irish road user be it car driver, bus, HGV, road runner or pedestrian.

We're just not designed to follow the rules and this will be the reason that this concept will ultimately fail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Autonomous vehicles will be on our roads within the next 5 years, in some shape or form. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Autonomous vehicles will be on our roads within the next 5 years, in some shape or form. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

The only ones will be test vehicles.

Unbridled optimism is a suburb of ignorance.

Advertisement