Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

They go out Friday so you should have them by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

The department is flat out, they have received 50 times their normal number of applications so they are prioritising processing claims, not communications.

I completely understand how busy they are, I wasn't slating the welfare offices at all.

I put in my bank details so hopefully money will be lodged tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I completely understand how busy they are, I wasn't slating the welfare offices at all.

I put in my bank details so hopefully money will be lodged tomorrow.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 10,171 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Update from the department on timelines
    The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection has experienced unprecedented demand for income supports including the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment and Jobseeker's payments since 13 March.

The level of demand equates to 10 months normal claim-load in just 10 working days.

The department wishes to assure its customers that it is processing these claims as fast as possible and that staff have been working long hours, over weekends and bank holidays to ensure that claims are processed.

The first COVID-19 related payments, for approximately 90% of claims received from 13 –19 March were issued last Friday and were in customer’s bank accounts on Tuesday.

Some did not go forward for payment for various reasons. This is normal. For example some claims may not have met eligibility criteria. Other payments may have been held back due an error with an IBAN number or an inconsistency between PPSNs. The department is working very hard to resolve these issues and is contacting the customers concerned directly.

Again this week nearly all claims received since 19 March and up to close of business today (Thursday 26 March) will be processed for payment tomorrow, Friday and will be in customer's bank accounts on Tuesday 31 March.

It is important to note that the department will be processing payments into Irish bank accounts and via the Post Office network only. We wish to reassure people that where they are entitled they will receive a payment from the department as soon as possible. Should there be any issues with your payment the department will contact you directly.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/66d22e-covid-19-deasp-information-for-employers-and-employees-pdf/#march-26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Dodge wrote: »

Has there been any mention on why so many people had to go to the post office for their payment despite entering bank details? My colleague and I both filled out the pandemic form and he received his in the bank yet I was told to go to the post office which I'd like to avoid. My bank details were 100 percent correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Nothing in the bank today, would it be worth making a phone call to my local office to ask for an update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

angela1711 wrote: »
    Can i apply for this payment if I am still working but only a few hours a week from home so my wages have dropped drastically I am pretty much on nothing now? Like I am thinking I will be better of asking for a lay off rather then working these few hours a week.
    You can, but in all likelihood you'll be told to apply for JSA/JSB. But at least your wages would be topped up.
    Could your employer not claim the 70% and pay you the 30%?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 EuKaryMe

Regarding myself - after the shut down the other day, I decided to take holidays. I presume that was a dumb thing to do as I won't be eligible for this €350 benefit until the holidays are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

Kaldo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

My company just communicated to me that the business will remain close till further notice.

Regarding to the payment, is it independent to the contributions you made? Is a payment that it might be discounted in the future if you actually become unemployed?

Thanks
    Kaldo

you can applyfor the covid benifit but it will onl be for while these restrictions on businuess arein place, it will be discontinued once this thread is over. Ithink they stated its for an initial period of 6 weeks. After this you will likely need to then qualif for jsb or jsa at the normal rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

wifey28 wrote: »
    you can applyfor the covid benifit but it will onl be for while these restrictions on businuess arein place, it will be discontinued once this thread is over. Ithink they stated its for an initial period of 6 weeks. After this you will likely need to then qualif for jsb or jsa at the normal rates

The 6 weeks period was extended to 12 weeks or to the end of the emergency period when they announced the increased rate of 350.
    What i don't know is are they going to backdate the first payments that where initially suppose to be 203.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

The 6 weeks period was extended to 12 weeks or to the end of the emergency period when they announced the increased rate of 350.
    What i don't know is are they going to backdate the first payments that where initially suppose to be 203.

Leo said they would backdate the payment to the 350 for anyone who applied for covid benefit from day 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Has there been any mention on why so many people had to go to the post office for their payment despite entering bank details? My colleague and I both filled out the pandemic form and he received his in the bank yet I was told to go to the post office which I'd like to avoid. My bank details were 100 percent correct.

It's usually incorrect bank details.

Some did not go forward for payment for various reasons. This is normal. For example some claims may not have met eligibility criteria. Other payments may have been held back due an error with an IBAN number or an inconsistency between PPSN

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Nothing in the bank today, would it be worth making a phone call to my local office to ask for an update?

Payments go out today, hits the account Monday usually. Tuesday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Sent my forum in the post Tuesday last week
    I rang the office just now and was told it's not even on the system yet. It could be another week before I get money. I'll be out of food by Monday so will have to starve from then

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Sent my forum in the post Tuesday last week
    I rang the office just now and was told it's not even on the system yet. It could be another week before I get money. I'll be out of food by Monday so will have to starve from then

Ffs
    If things are really that bad could you not ask a relative/friend to help you out. Or try the community welfare officer?

Wanderer19 wrote: »
    If things are really that bad could you not ask a relative/friend to help you out. Or try the community welfare officer?

I'm 300 miles away from family. I'll try my employer next week and see what I can get. The payments are moving very slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I think the payments are moving at a faster pace than usual applications. They have received thousands of applications all at once.

I understand its hard for people but its naive to think this would go any faster.
    Could your family transfer money to you?

Just of the phone again and it will be Tuesday week before I get paid. That's 21 days from application to payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Are they still asking employers to pay the 350 and they will refund? Or did they pull that idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

"It is important to note that the department will be processing payments into Irish bank accounts and via the Post Office network only."

I used my N26 account on the application form. I applied on 17th and read in the newspaper that you could use Irish bank, post office, Revolut or N26.
    Now I read this statement with no mention of N26 or Revolut. Has anyone else used Revolut or N26 on their application form?
    I'm getting worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sugarman20

1882 wrote: »
    "It is important to note that the department will be processing payments into Irish bank accounts and via the Post Office network only."

I used my N26 account on the application form. I applied on 17th and read in the newspaper that you could use Irish bank, post office, Revolut or N26.
    Now I read this statement with no mention of N26 or Revolut. Has anyone else used Revolut or N26 on their application form?
    I'm getting worried now.

Chances are you will have to collect the first payment from your postoffice and then either continue to do that or provide an Irish bank account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Are payments back dated?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

I wonder how these new measures will affect social welfare An Post payments now. Maximum of 2KM distance only allowed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

DenMan wrote: »
    I wonder how these new measures will affect social welfare An Post payments now. Maximum of 2KM distance only allowed now.

Would it not be classed as essential, people need money for food..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

I have an appointment to sign back on mid April after finishing Tus, does this lockdown mean I can't do so now?
    I tried ringing my local office earlier but nobody answered

I would have been in work Monday as normal even though it was non essential but boss refused to close, do i put in for emergency payment claim in now?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

DenMan wrote: »

The 2km is maximum you are permitted to go for daily exercise. You are still allowed go to the shop for food etc. I'm 10km from my nearest shop. I'm not going to starve, I'm going to go buy food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Is it means tested?? Received 27 euro,but I got paid my WFP?

Lashes28 wrote: »

If your getting WFP,what would it be mean tested against ,don't seem right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Lashes28 wrote: »

If it's the emergency covid payment, as far as I know, it's not means tested and you'll keep your WFP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Steviesol

Has anyone on receipt of disability allowance who has lost their job gotten approved for this payment yet ?

Advertisement