Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Common Application System (CAS) for entering secondary schools in Limerick

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

iguana wrote: »
    Interesting. I was wondering how the hell this school was actually going to open in September when it had no premises, no staff, and a principal only appointed in mid-January. He either spent a few weeks seeing it as an impossible task or got a better offer very quickly, as ET started advertising to fill the position again on the 19th of this month.

Interestingly, unlike most ET schools that have been established by a parents committee, this is a school that is being opened by Department of Education who then chose ET to be the patron body. The Dept of Ed shouldn't have let it get this far down the road unless they, at a bare minimum, had a site acquired.

Mungret Community College was set up in similar circumstances last year but is being run extremely well and was over subscribed this year. The difference probably is Mungret CC has the ETB behind it. The Educate together school doesn't seem to have the same support and experience behind it. I went to the open night for the new ET Castletroy school last October but came away with so many questions unanswered. I would not like to be a parent of a child that has received a place there for September, I had even heard last week that the school was going into the Northern Trust building. How true this is, I do not know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

ET castletroy are now interviewing for positions in September. Do they have a premises yet (if even temporary)?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

ET castletroy are now interviewing for positions in September. Do they have a premises yet (if even temporary)?

Heard they have a two year lease on office space in the industrial estate near UL and the Troy studios.

Also heard they will have no science subjects, hope this isn’t true for the students sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Heard they have a two year lease on office space in the industrial estate near UL and the Troy studios.

Also heard they will have no science subjects, hope this isn’t true for the students sake.

Dont think that true about science as their advertisement for teachers included science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jane98 wrote: »
    Dont think that true about science as their advertisement for teachers included science!

Their ad us a bit catchall compared to regular ads for one or two subjects. Also on the application form they ask what else you could try your hands at if required !

Could you do the science curriculum without a lab or equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

Jane98 wrote: »

That’s good to hear, as much as I have doubts over how the ET school was rushed to announcement and the assiociated political decisions during establishment the students must have access to the full range of subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Seems like the Plassey site hasn’t worked out in time for September.

“Limerick East Educate Together looks set to open at the Salesian College at Fernbank, North Circular Road, which was purchased by Limerick City and County Council as part of the Cleeves site.”

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/329610/temporary-locationsecured-for-limerick-s-newest-school.html

Advertisement