Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

I tried the classical Christmas FM the other day, had a real desire to listen to it. Was disappointed that it was down. Especially since last time I tried a few months ago it was also down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭DvB

It seems to be the one that drops off the most, dont think it's monitored too regularly out of season.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Halloween FM is back from today!!

& as per their email sent out today....

We're putting up the decorations next week! Christmas FM will be back Online from November 1st and on FM across Ireland from November 28th! We can't wait.

So Monday week they're back online with presenters like last year!!! gear!!

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was just about to post that I never got the email and then I checked my junk mail and found it!

Another milestone on the horizon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Didn’t get an email seen it on Instagram 👌🎄

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can anyone remember when ChristmasFM fully comes back on FM what time do the DJs stop at?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I think around 11 pm?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah that’s what I was thinking myself it was.

There’s definitely a window of opportunity for them to do a 11pm-Midnight slot similar to the old cruise to snooze 2fm used to do.

Where the songs are more mellow, the DJ is more relaxed and listeners can text in their warm cosy memories. Real feel good radio to help people wind down for bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I'd imagine the only people listening to the radio at that hour are people in work or people driving. Last thing they want is something to make them sleepy ha!

I’d listen to it in bed 😂 and I have the perfect name for it. From Lapland to Napland 😂

• Advertisement

I thought it was live until midnight, maybe that was just new years eve though (& online at that obviously)... this question came up last year too IIRC 🤔

New year kept going until 1am as far as I’m aware.

I think after the 27th of December the online hours expand.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Up to a few years ago, there used to be live broadcasts until 3am in the morning. This topic was brought up last year!

I thought it was. But the search isn’t working for me 😢

You can filter your search:

If you click on the arrow beside "wrote" it will take you back to that page and there is one there where you confirm that there is no live programming between 1am and 6am! So, the live closing time was 1am last year - who knows, it could be different this year.

I heard Christmas FM's station manager Dan McDermott presenting last Friday on 8Radio.com, which commenced a multi-city temporary license run last weekend. In Dublin, it is using 105.2, which Christmas FM will be using after 8Radio.Com has finished its temporary license run! I wonder will he do any live broadcasts this year on Christmas FM. I think it was mainly in its online state before and after its FM license run last year that he could be heard. Prior to last year, I never actually heard him presenting on Christmas FM. He seemed to be mainly behind the scenes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just a wee reminder, Christmas FM back tomorrow online with presenters... goes live on FM on the 28th but starting early again online this year!!!

I wonder how sporadic the presenters will be online at the start? I remember last year when they launched early online last year there was only a presenter talking once every 30-45 minutes if even that often.

The presenters had ramped up by the time the 25th of November came around.

• Advertisement

True. Doubt I'll listen in that much this far out anyway, not quite at the stage yet we're I'll be getting the vibes enough for FONY etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Same, might put it on if I think of it however still too early for me too.

Online KO meant to be at midday, so turned it on there to see if its marked in any way different to the standard online all year round offering.

FONY on at midday... think that might be it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

I didn't know it was only starting at 12. Just happened to turn it on just before that. FONY nice to hear. Will probably leave it for a couple of weeks to listen fully but nice for today.

A former Christmas FM presenter passed away, although he would have been more associated with RTE especially 2FM:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058215826/simon-young-rip#latest

Post edited by Declan A Walsh on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I tuned it on at 12 too, hoping to hear a presenter, or something different. Little bit disappointed. I think I'll also be leaving it a few weeks before going back.

I tuned in and it was coming towards the end of I Want A Hippotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevey! This was followed by a number of quirky tunes I really like: Grandma Got Run Over by A Reindeer (Elmo and Patsy), Another Auld Lang Syne (Dan Fogelberg) and This Is Christmas (The Goo Goo Dolls). My kind of Christmas song playlist! This was followed by Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney. I turned it off at that point as I am somewhat fed up with that song by now!

I notice that the next song title is displayed during the jingle before the song actually starts!

Just flicked on ChristmasFM just now to end my working day and shaking Steven is currently blaring out.

Fcuk it, it’s Christmas now 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

Alexa:Enable the Christmas FM Skill by asking Alexa to ‘Enable the Christmas FM Skill’ and from then on just say ‘Start Christmas FM

Yay !!! Merry Christmas 🎅 🎄

Advertisement