Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I thought from the photo that I saw of Anne Marie Walsh on the website that she looked a bit different, but I could have that wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭DvB

26 weeks today Christmas FM launches on FM radio…. so we're half way there folks!

Must admit I haven't been listening in really this year, even the classical channel hasn't piqued my interest and haven't been able to listen for more than a song or 2 of that before turning off. The playlist on the classical isn't the best they've had either and it really needs a change as its quite repetitive, suspect hearing the same tunes each time I have logged on hasn't helped.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I heard Christmas FM by accident yesterday! I was scrolling through the Dublin stations on the Radio Garden app (great resource by the way!) and I noticed that The Sound of Ireland 94.3 was one of the stations listed. Out of curiosity I chose it, as I know that it comes from the same stable as Christmas FM. My Grown Up Christmas List by Natalie Cole was playing. I had my suspicions and sure enough another non-Irish Christmas song came on afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭BK5

Have the office to myself at the moment and have Christmas FM Classical playing right now in the background.

Don't check in on it that much but I am starting to get a tiny tingle that the build up will start in a few weeks time so might check out the other two channels while I'm here.

Random timeline check, Christmas FM launch day is 24 weeks today!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Yay!

Christmas FM had this up this morning!

And this on twitter/X

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Came to post the same thing. Even Santa got more sun than we did this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Advertisement

Tried listening in to Classical on Tuesday afternoon what with it being the half way point & all that, but nope, still couldn't get into it at all, even as background music.

This is the longest in years I've gone beyond half way & not had any christmas cravings at all, just not getting the feels at all being honest. I suspect a lot of that is work stress and as we get closer the excitement will build, at least I hope that's what it is!!

Oh and 22 weeks today its back on air!

Post edited by DvB on

We're less than 20 weeks to launch day, yesterday was the 20 week mark!

16 weeks today Christmas FM launches on FM radio.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Sure we'll blink and we'll be there! 😁

Working from home today and decided what with the weather getting a little cooler & the evenings a little darker I'd chance some Christmas FM classical as background music. Still not totally engaging with it (the playlist is not 100% Christmas related which is a little off-putting) but for the first time this year I haven't abandoned it after a few minutes. Will give it another 15 minutes until I have a teams meeting anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Usually, I could randomly start singing Christmas songs in my head at any time of the year. It hasn't happened much yet this year, but I did catch myself singing "We need a little Christmas" during the week. I think the slightly darker evenings and all the little signs that Christmas is on the way over the last week or two have helped! I don't think I'd be able to listen to Christmas music just yet, but I'll get there over the next few weeks/months.

14 weeks to FM launch day!

Normally we'd be hearing about the chosen charity partner for Christmas FM around now, but with the 3 years arrangement (& €1m target associated with it) in its final year for 2024 we wont be having any announcements again this year… wonder what they'll do for 2025 though. Revert to a year on year partnership or do another multi year arrangement.

Plenty on here know way more about Christmas FM than me but remember from the comments before that the multi year arrangement wasn't thought of as a good idea. We choose a charity partner every year in work and some charities are more popular than others for whatever peoples personnel reasons are, so switching every year seems like a better plan to me.

• Advertisement

WFH today & decided i'd have some classical & carols on in the background, but all of the christmas fm streams are down… first time thats happened in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭Coupon King

Hopefully the next one selected will be an Animal Charity

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That would be great. They have never supported an animal charity, and they really need help, especially with so many abandoned Covid pets. 😑

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I would LOVE this.

I would empty my wallet so badly for an animal charity.

We've discussed this a few times on this thread over the years and there seems to be a decent amount here who would welcome the idea of an animal charity (myself among them) so fingers crossed we see it realised at some point, though I have my suspicions it may never happen. Interested to see the approach they take in 2025 though once the 3 year plan finishes up this year.

Back on air 13 weeks today btw! Expecting to see DJ's online from early November though as that's a trend from Covid that seems to have stuck.

Just uploaded this morning.

• Advertisement

And they just sent this update in their e-mail!

Just saw that…. most excellent!!

Yeah, got that email this afternoon. Very excite. 😁

Great to see we're all straight in here when we get emails from Christmas FM😀

Absolutely, straight in! 😂

• Advertisement

You have to share these things with like minded people. If I shouted it out in the office, I think I'd get quite a few odd looks!

I was a bit late to the party but I came to post the same thing about the email haha.

Double digit day Eve is finally getting its own recognition haha

Double Digit Day is a Wednesday next year- maybe I'll book it off work to break up the week. 😄

Day 99 on the countdown for 2024 is Tuesday, September 17th is DDD, and Posy is correct, next year its a Wednesday.

Looks like we'll be celebrating double digit eve and double digit day. Maybe I should just take the whole week off. 😆

Anyone looking for a new job!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

randomly decided to turn on Xmas on the car radio today (in case any tests were being done!) and it looks like the frequency has been taken over by “8Radio” in cork city anyway! Hopefully they are able to get a different one

The frequencies they use are regularly taken over by other temporary licensed stations, so not unusual to hear other bits on the frequency during the year. I'd be surprised if there's many changes to their standard frequencies come November 28th!

On that note, it launches on FM 12 weeks today!!

• Advertisement

Been WFH all week due to this dose of a cold I'm struggling with and have been trying to listen in to Christmas FM classical but having all kinds of problems with the player, hopefully not as buggy come November anyway.

Post edited by DvB on

Ooh... roll on Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭Coupon King

Fab Christmas Website I just discovered.. 🎄👍

https://thatchristmasmagic.com/article/a-z-of-christmas-movies

Christmas FM live tomorrow for 1 day to mark 100 days on the countdown!!

LFG! Need a boost on a dull Monday morning. The headphones will be bringing the festive cheer tomorrow

Confirmed on.instagram too!!

Myself and a workmate have a radio set up, ready to go tomorrow morning. We usually have it set up every year over the season anyway.

A few others in work think we're mental 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Hope it is an internet radio…. the live operation tomorrow will be online, not on FM. listen online, through the Christmas FM app, the link on the website, or on smart speakers. ❄️🎅

Ah no, I missed that in the excitement. I thought it was going to be on FM radio.

We will have to come up with a plan B so. Thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Should be available on the app I think it you can play it off your phone

Advertisement