Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

1326327328329330332»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Post number 10,001

Any real evidence about immunity? Heard you might have immunity for two weeks afterwards. That's very worrying if it's true.

Certain reports have suggested sufficient antibodies are generated to give immunity to the strain you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Bob24 wrote: »
    What worries me deeply is the Common Travel Area and and lack of border with NI.

If the UK has decided to let everyone get sick and we have no control over people traveling here from the UK ... our own efforts to reduce contagion will be ruined by a constant inflow of sick people :-/

Possibly yes, but I do think the authorities are already on top of this. The WHO have already praised Ireland for its reaction to this, so I don't share the same panic as you right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What happens if posts hit 10'000 does the sever explode?

No, Beasty does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

fritzelly wrote: »
    If we're quick we'll break Boards

tee hee (-1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Should I get in my van and live in the hills yet? My van has a bed and camping gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

is_that_so wrote: »

Yes that's it, and they have changed the wording since I read it. There was a statement from an official also

Post number 10,002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,554 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Should I get in my van and live in the hills yet? My van has a bed and camping gear.

That sounds fair rapey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Post number 10,002

What?

• Advertisement

Be grand like

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

We need to impose 14 days quarantine for EVERYONE crossing the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Refractions

walshb wrote: »
    A presser about a global pandemic and Trump can’t help himself waffling about me, me, me, me...a truly bizarre and odd human!

He’s a wretched excuse for a human being. Can’t wait til he meets his maker, hope he dies roaring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

If we move to lockdown etc who advises the government on the right protocalls?

Can't think of an office in government that deals with emergencies like that?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A wee good story in all the gloom...

Yesterday a colleague was having lunch and chatted to the owner of the restaurant. My colleague said how the supermarkets were out of pasta which was unfortunate as it would have been a staple for the children in the coming days. This morning my colleague arrived to work to find some pasta had been left in for her from the restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

If we move to lockdown etc who advises the government on the right protocalls?

Can't think of an office in government that deals with emergencies like that?

The Office of Emergency Planning and other committees/councils of key subject matter experts from all Departments.

It's not Leo and Paschal shaking the aul magic 8 ball......even though it seems that way at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,108 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

otnomart wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Common Travel Area have on its terms the possibility of being suspended ?

Yes. Pretty much any EU edict can be ignored on the grounds of National security or medical emergency.

Boggles wrote: »
    That sounds fair rapey.

No no, I have an agreement that you sign, no worries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Man in his 60s in an "Irish tour group" in Austria tested positive.

What the actual fück are people faffing around in tour groups in a time like this? Seriously people need their heads examined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

voluntary wrote: »
    We need to impose 14 days quarantine for EVERYONE crossing the border.

14 day quarantine for new accounts as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

fritzelly wrote: »
    No, Beasty does

Nah, I think he's a bit like a Borg Queen and connected to the server.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭banie01

wakka12 wrote: »
    CDC estimates for US pandemic

Projected estimates are -
    96 million infections
    480,000 deaths

Worst case scenario estimates are-
    214 million infections
    1.7 million deaths
    21 million hospitalisation

Fairly grim
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

If only they'd actually taken action when the Washington State cluster started.

The presser with Trump and Pence rabbiting on about the great work that the public-private partnership will bring about for testing is frankly quite disturbing.

The lack of any actual cogent public healthcare system beyond county hospitals.
    The lack of any competent strategic direction or public health authority, and the evisceration of the world renowned CDC is going to bite America on the arse with this.

"Free testing" is great, how does actual treatment or if needed ICU support work for the uninsured?

I'd be very curious as to what effect that posse of CEO's had on the effect of each companies share price at market close?

Absolutely disgusting display of the Market above the citizen, even down to referring to them as consumers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    How far behind Italy and Spain are we ? I hope we don't get the where they are now it's just awful.
    About 1/20 of Spain and 0.005% that of Italy.

Post number 10,013

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,496 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Page 666 (on my setting anyway) and it's Friday the 13th - time to close up

New one will be open in a sec...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058061424

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement